St. Marys group sets sights on city a...

St. Marys group sets sights on city attorney's bills

There are 41 comments on the Florida Times-Union story from Feb 2, 2011, titled St. Marys group sets sights on city attorney's bills. In it, Florida Times-Union reports that:

After mounting a petition drive that landed the St. Marys City Council before a county grand jury to answer questions, a citizens group now believes it has found some money to account for.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Florida Times-Union.

anon

Saint Marys, GA

#21 Feb 3, 2011
you forgot a shady lawyer from St Simons Island
ralph

Saint Marys, GA

#22 Feb 3, 2011
This denunciation belongs to:

"Crescent Resources LLC"

This needs to go before a public prosecutor.
anon

United States

#23 Feb 3, 2011
Bubba wrote:
How many people does it take to screw an entire city?
Answer: A N.J. Yankee mayor, a dumb ass broad, a grining ass teacher, a sissy ass, and a damn fool that can talk and never make a point.
Which one is which?
Last word Lucy

Sumter, SC

#25 Feb 3, 2011
yeah....... well if it smells like
Rick Rogers

Dornsife, PA

#26 Feb 4, 2011
As soon as Bill Shannahan is out of the picture and the council gets some true direction where they need to go the City will begin to grow again. You can only say 1 down several to go!
Never Fails

Saint Marys, GA

#27 Mar 1, 2011
It never fails to amuse me that with all the blatant evidence and questionable behavior of the middle five, some folks still have the audacity to defend them.
The legitimate concerns of concerned citizens is adding to the pucker factor for the middle five. I often wonder what goes through the minds of Deloughy and Hase and others that are like minded. I do believe that they believe that most St. Mary residents are stupid.
I remember heightened corruption in this city back in the 1970s when peoples lives were threatened. We should have done some house cleaning back then.
InsideOut

Norridgewock, ME

#28 Mar 1, 2011
PointPeter wrote:
Here is what burns my chaps in that article:
As for the current bills, Deloughy said he hasn't studied them, but believes some of the compensation was for handling the refinancing of bonds to build the Scrubby Bluff wastewater treatment plant. The city will save about $3 million through the refinancing. Those legal fees are normal for such work and are part of the financing package, he said.
I know the Mayor is not the City Manager but he needs to have a handle on the city's expenditures and when you have a $100,000 legal bill you damn well better know what that money is being spent on
When someone asks that question you should be able to give them an answer
Maybe DeLoughy needs to read the Charter again.

"(2) Examine, audit, and approve all accounts against the city before payment;" The Mayor's duties as outlined in the City Charter
http://www.ci.st-marys.ga.us/pubdocs/CITY%20O...
Whispering Crane

Kingsland, GA

#29 Mar 1, 2011
Bubba wrote:
Answer: A N.J. Yankee mayor, a dumb ass broad, a grining ass teacher, a sissy ass, and a damn fool that can talk and never make a point.
Agree....we need different people to run in the next city election....if you are thinking about, please run somebody....I would rather have new people than the same F__ K ups that have been in there...nobody else can do any worse.
MIDDLE CLASS MAN

United States

#30 Mar 1, 2011
Whispering Crane wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree....we need different people to run in the next city election....if you are thinking about, please run somebody....I would rather have new people than the same F__ K ups that have been in there...nobody else can do any worse.
I nominate Jeremy Spencer!
Rebel Dawg

Jacksonville, FL

#31 Mar 2, 2011
I nominate Ron Jeremy !!!
Raven

Kingsland, GA

#32 Mar 2, 2011
I nominate the swim coach for CCHS.
Greg Bar

Saint Marys, GA

#33 Mar 3, 2011
So does the Georgia Bar Association !

This is going to make the city attorneys day.

Since: May 07

Fernandina Beach, FL

#34 Mar 3, 2011
Rick Rogers wrote:
As soon as Bill Shannahan is out of the picture and the council gets some true direction where they need to go the City will begin to grow again. You can only say 1 down several to go!
Hey I agree with myself.
Real Question

Saint Marys, GA

#35 Mar 3, 2011
Go back over the North Orange Edwards where you belong.
hotel

North Anson, ME

#36 Mar 3, 2011
Bubba wrote:
BUBBA, you forgot to include yourself and the two BUBBA BOOKENDS.
BB and you have contributed to creating as much a NEGATIVE as the next guy for St. Marys.
GROW UP
Almost Famous

Sumter, SC

#37 Mar 8, 2011
I95 can take him back to Jersey now !
Ronny xpatriot

Saint Marys, GA

#38 Mar 8, 2011
why he is employed here. He works for a new Jersey formed Co. "the Southern Company". now it owns "Georgia Power"
Almost Famous

Sumter, SC

#39 Mar 8, 2011
I am so glad I have my own boathouse !
Waiting

Phillips, ME

#40 Mar 8, 2011
Ronny xpatriot wrote:
why he is employed here. He works for a new Jersey formed Co. "the Southern Company". now it owns "Georgia Power"
I have been a share holder in the Southern Company for almost 30 Years. I will tell you that they are an "Atlanta Company". Also the 4th largest power company in the USofA. Nothing to do with New Jersey at all.
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#41 Mar 8, 2011
Bubba wrote:
Thank you for your candid view. It is in deed a fact. What a damn boat load of jack asses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Simons Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good/Bad areas in Hinesville (Sep '09) Apr 29 Ceci 11
cornerstone christian correspondence school dip... (Apr '10) Apr 27 Illnana30 189
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Apr 22 darienspeedtrap 24
Debate: Marijuana - Hinesville, GA (Sep '10) Apr 21 Waggey 50
where's all the weed at? (Jan '14) Apr 21 Waggey 14
What Y'all think of District Attorney Jackie Jo... (Nov '11) Apr 13 David 99
Lookinlikeamofo Apr 13 Inedeshiz 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Simons Island Mortgages