Denis' Blog: Tax Fight Coming Into Focus

Denis' Blog: Tax Fight Coming Into Focus

There are 2 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Nov 8, 2007, titled Denis' Blog: Tax Fight Coming Into Focus. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Thursday, 11/8/07 7:25 p.m. As House Speaker Glenn Richardson releases more details of his property tax elimination plan, the opposition tries to add more reasons to vote it down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

Michael Seaborne

United States

#1 Nov 9, 2007
What about property tax income lost to the State from large corporations? Will increased sales taxes come up short by the loss of this tax?
What about counties close to other states, won't those citizens shop in the bordering states?
I'm all for no property tax, but I really do not see how this can be done. I have two homes-one in Georgia, one in Massachusetts, and believe me as soon as I retire I am out of Taxachusetts. Taxes in Massachusetts are mind boggling!I fear that Mr. Richardson is in search of Utopia-good luck and God speed-Laurel & Hardy never found it!
mike hide

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Nov 9, 2007
We have livd in the city of Atlanta for almost 50 years . It is now coming to the point that we have to consider moving because the city constantly increases property taxes because they always invent some some new must do projects. As far as those like us that live on fixed incomes that hardly cuts it .....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Simons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Y'all think of District Attorney Jackie Jo... (Nov '11) Jul 21 Martin gillis 103
Why do some Ft. Stewart Sargeants act like t... (Aug '09) Jul 20 Justaguy 77
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Jul 16 Jeb 1,232
News Floyd Farm Bureau honored during annual meeting Jul 10 Cortney 1
Hinesville police hates the military and their ... Jul 5 ETK 2
News N.B Power targets Saturday for full restoration... (Dec '13) Jun 26 thenox 2
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Jun 26 Treyleon71 41

St. Simons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Simons Mortgages