Legislator's mileage bills questioned

Legislator's mileage bills questioned

There are 2 comments on the Press-Republican story from Jul 13, 2007, titled Legislator's mileage bills questioned. In it, Press-Republican reports that:

“I got to a lot of committee meetings, and they aren't even my meetings. I go to them to stay informed about what's going on. "They have us sign in to make sure we attended”

A special prosecutor will review mileage payments Franklin County legislators received after a comparison by the Press-Republican showed one of them billed two agencies for the same trips. via Press-Republican

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Republican.

Martville, NY

#1 Jul 14, 2007
“They have us sign in to make sure we attended,” Susice said.“I’m sure you’ll find every trip I made was legit.”

It would seem Mr. Susice missed the point, it's not whether or not the trips he made were legit. The question is about the legitimacy of his mileage re-reimbursement. No wonder politicians, in general, have a bad name.
james carley

Fernandina Beach, FL

#2 Jul 14, 2007
Well like i say they will do anything to get more bucks back into the pockets by lying on how much they drove on the taxpayers dime. I say they need to go they pay their own way i sure don't get reimbursed when i have to drive somewhere for work

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Regis Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bully's at millyard estats Mar 5 judge it 4
Evan woods (Apr '15) Mar 1 Wam 21
abuse (Jul '14) Feb 26 realitydoser 5
genealogy (Jun '09) Feb '18 Potsdam_sr 3
Mario and Jess Arno Feb '18 Joker 2
Heidi Bailey home wrecker Feb '18 Been there 5
News Opinion: Community helps buy dilapidated proper... Jan '18 Horseman 2

St. Regis Falls Jobs

Personal Finance

St. Regis Falls Mortgages