Bubba the Love Sponge: Being sued by MJ

Bubba the Love Sponge: Being sued by MJ

There are 49 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Mar 17, 2008, titled Bubba the Love Sponge: Being sued by MJ. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

St. Petersburg MJ Morning show host, Todd Schnitt is suing Bubba the Love Sponge Clem, claiming that Bubba's made all types of offensive statements on air about MJ and his wife Michelle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LINDA

Brentwood, TN

#1 Mar 17, 2008
Mj you can't be serious
Mister H

Windermere, FL

#2 Mar 18, 2008
OOOO he called his wife a name? Bubba will beat you in court as well MJ, this lawsuit shows what a pathetic loser you are.No listens to you any more, so you resort to a law suit to garner attention. What a joke.
Tied Hands

Orlando, FL

#3 Mar 18, 2008
Why is this news? They Both Suck! Bubba has absolutely no class and M.J. your show really does suck. M.J., you are the most boring morning show out there! And your a Cry Baby!
Sean

United States

#4 Mar 18, 2008
Seriously this is a waste of the court system, MJ's is boring both in the morning and in the afternoon on 970. Bubba is crass but thats his stick. I f I had to pick it would be Bubba in the morning because Manson's bits are funny and Dennis Miller in the afternoon. What's MJ going to due next sue Dennis Miller come on grow up.
Geo

Tampa, FL

#5 Mar 18, 2008
Wow MJ is one little bitch. Crying and whining now that he is not number one. This is pretty sad. I hear MJ everyday making fun and belittling people. I used to switch back and forth between the commercials now I don't want to support some midget that puts over his wife and kid everyday and then expects them to be treated like a private citizens. What a F'ing joke!!!!!
Unknown

Sarasota, FL

#6 Mar 18, 2008
Your going down MJ
Bonehead

New Port Richey, FL

#7 Mar 18, 2008
Wow, Bubba is right, MJ is pathetic. Bubba is Bubba, and has entertainment value, can't say that about the midget. Marh Lundsford found out, now MJ will.
Oh yea, The caller on Bubba's morning show...... "Porter", if your reading this, grow up. Your not in second grade anymore, quit trying to call Bubba out to the playground to fight.
Dolly

Tampa, FL

#8 Mar 18, 2008
.... BE CAREFUL OF WHAT Y'ALL POST ABOUT MJ. HE MIGHT SUE YOU!!!!!

Bubu is a jerk with NO class, and MJ is like a middle schooler who cries because he gets picked on. Whatever people.... This is why I listen to WQYK in the mornings.
Dolly

Tampa, FL

#9 Mar 18, 2008
Sorry... was typing fast. Ment Bubba
James Alridge

Crystal Springs, FL

#10 Mar 18, 2008
MJ is losing his share of the radio revenue, So he is doing what he can to tey and make some more money. Why do you think he has two seperate radio show? Ego or Cash? Either way, he's suing because of both. He loves Cash and he loves Himself. Lets free up the court system, for something with merit.
KmW

Safety Harbor, FL

#11 Mar 18, 2008
I REALLY don't like Bubba, but MJ, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!
Richard P

Palmetto, FL

#12 Mar 18, 2008
I'm with you Bubba, M of MJ listen's to Rush so he can talk on his afternoon show. How's he find the time to listen to you?
Melissa

United States

#13 Mar 18, 2008
Sick! What a peice of garbage. I use to listen to MJ before you came back and after reading this It makes me want to puck. He's disgusting and should be taken of the air! What a TMZ chasing midgit! Sue me a** hole!
Gene DellaSala

Tampa, FL

#14 Mar 18, 2008
I just read the lawsuit in its entirety. Wow M and MJ are really reaching here and are displaying an obviously desperate attempt to cash in on their losses to Bubba who displaced them from the #1 position not b/c of slander but because of a more compelling and REAL morning show offering. Page 4 says it all where the MJs shows “were” rated #1. It’s clear that MJ is trying to put the blame on Bubba for displacing both of his shows. I hope this does go to court as it can only help the Bubba show and further erode MJ’s marketshare.

As a public figure myself (owner of Audioholics.com ), it would be a full time job if I issued lawsuits on competitors that attempt to slander me. I instead take the high road and beat them by providing better content to my readers, and higher traffic and thus selling more ad space.

MJ needs to stop whining and start getting more creative to stay competitive.
Deb

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Mar 18, 2008
I think Brittany, Nick Bollea, OJ and every person in the Tampa Bay area, media, Hollywood.. etc.. should sue MJ.. Nice class action suit.

Bottom line.. if he can't take it.. he shouldn't DISH IT. He's acting like a child, which is why I have never been able to stomach his show.
Sean

Tampa, FL

#16 Mar 18, 2008
Bubba the love splooge IS a tool...bailed(or was it booted) from terestial radio..failure on satellite..see howard stern...doing the only thing he knows by talking crap...the lawsuit is a bit much, but at least mj has enough class to not attack ones family...personally i think the both suck..but i definately give props to one who talks crap on the radio when no one can talk back...pure grade "A" class
Matt Silvermon

Mission, KS

#17 Mar 18, 2008
What makes me laugh is that MJ gets all the women callers and Bubba gets all the men callers. MJ is just another sniveling biaotchh.Now go cry in your corner with your lovely wife. hahahahahhaha
Connie Lingus

Tampa, FL

#19 Mar 18, 2008
Who cares? Neither show is worth a crap, so I don't listen. As for most of you leaving comments here, perhaps if you listened less to the radio and studied up on spelling, grammar, and punctuation, maybe your words wouldn't read like they were written by a third grader. I'm surrounded by damn idiots.
driverjoe27

Saint Cloud, FL

#20 Mar 18, 2008
I'm glad bubba is back. I have missed him since he's been gone. I listen to the schnitt show(WELL NOT ANYMORE) in the afternoons, and Todd Schnitt is always yelling at people who have different opinions then he does calling them morons, idiots, or assclowns. Now he is suing for being called names himself????????? How does the saying go? People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...
to the dumb masses

Yadkinville, NC

#21 Mar 18, 2008
lets see btls, number 2 on sirius under howard stern, sirius has a higher subscribtion rate than xm, and is now number 1 in tampa. Failure? I dont think so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Petersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Power Outage 9 hr RWC 1
Tierra Verde Music Thread (Jan '17) May 16 Musikologist 3
News Florida's Top Ten Gay Beaches (Jan '14) May 2 Tyrone 28
What is the cheapest car rental in St. Pete tha... Apr 20 APedestrian 1
Michael Apr '18 anonymous 1
The wave condo complex 3315 58th Avenue S . Any... (Jul '09) Apr '18 Marty B 324
News Sex offenders, predators find room at Friendly ... (Nov '08) Mar '18 SmartInKissimmee 69

St. Petersburg Jobs

Personal Finance

St. Petersburg Mortgages