Clearwater post office loses 1100 abs...

Clearwater post office loses 1100 absentee ballots

There are 14 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Mar 15, 2008, titled Clearwater post office loses 1100 absentee ballots. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

St. Petersburg, Florida - In an election every vote counts and a lot is riding on the race for State House District 55.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

Since: Feb 08

Clearwater Fl

#1 Mar 16, 2008
Why does the state of Florida
always have problems with
elections???
Grumpy

Winter Haven, FL

#3 Mar 16, 2008
Now the Federal Government (aka Clearwater Post office) is helping Florida's reputation as a klutz when it comes to election processes. I just cannot believe the Post Office losing mail..........wait did I say that? Now do you know why the Post Office keeps having to raise postage because more and more people are using e-mail instead. Wait till this hits the national news if it ever does.
To funny

Burleigh, Australia

#4 Mar 16, 2008
sneither wrote:
Why does the state of Florida
always have problems with
elections???
It does seem to be a trend now of days.
clb

Tampa, FL

#5 Mar 16, 2008
Who can you trust these days? Makes you wonder how many pieces of mail never get to their destinations!

“I calls 'em as I see's 'em”

Since: Jan 08

Galena Il.

#6 Mar 17, 2008
Grumpy wrote:
Now the Federal Government (aka Clearwater Post office) is helping Florida's reputation as a klutz when it comes to election processes. I just cannot believe the Post Office losing mail..........wait did I say that? Now do you know why the Post Office keeps having to raise postage because more and more people are using e-mail instead. Wait till this hits the national news if it ever does.
The Federal Government,and in this case the U.S.Post Office are proponents of the "Affirmative" action policy, which means that a person gets hired by race and sex-not by qualification. Hence,many are uncapable of fullfilling their duties efficiantly, plus once you've past probation,your pay rate is not measured by performance. Add to that the stress of counting out those little stamps, well it boggles the imagination.
Bill R

Tampa, FL

#7 Mar 17, 2008
Doesn't surprise me in the least. It sometimes takes up to 7 days to send mail to east coast of Florida. One letter was returned to me after 4 YEARS!(where did it go, it had the correct address- my parents!?) Pinellas county Postmaster is the worst in the country. They lose 1 out of every 10 letters we send/receive. They simply dont care.
We use email and Fed Ex only now. My advice- Don't send checks through the Pinellas mail system!
Matt Silvermon

Mission, KS

#8 Mar 17, 2008
How in the world can you lose 1100 pieces of mail? These postal workers get paid top dollar but they don't do their jobs. Have you walked into a post office lately and been greeted by a sarcastic frustrated postal employee ? Whats going on behind those walls? Yet, there is no doubt postal rates will go up up up this year, next year and every year to come.
AEP

Saint Petersburg, FL

#9 Mar 17, 2008
Bill R wrote:
Doesn't surprise me in the least. It sometimes takes up to 7 days to send mail to east coast of Florida. One letter was returned to me after 4 YEARS!(where did it go, it had the correct address- my parents!?) Pinellas county Postmaster is the worst in the country. They lose 1 out of every 10 letters we send/receive. They simply dont care.
We use email and Fed Ex only now. My advice- Don't send checks through the Pinellas mail system!
It must be something that you do, because I've sent/received hundreds of thousands of pieces of mail in Pinellas County and have yet to have a single properly addressed envelope not reach it's destination.

OBTW! There no such office titled Pinellas County Postmaster.
AFPJ

Palm Harbor, FL

#10 Mar 18, 2008
Hey Ape, have not seen the for sale sign for your business yet, have you changed your mind and will follow Fl. Law ?
JoeF3

Brooksville, FL

#11 Mar 18, 2008
Probably, lost them in all the stacks of advertisements that they push with our daily mail delivers. How many trees to make the paper for the adds?
AEP

Saint Petersburg, FL

#12 Mar 18, 2008
AFPJ wrote:
Hey Ape, have not seen the for sale sign for your business yet, have you changed your mind and will follow Fl. Law ?
You should try to improve your reading comprehension. I never said I would be selling the business. I'm planning on moving Florida operations to facilities in another state before the end of May.
AFPJ

Brandon, FL

#13 Mar 18, 2008
Still pisse* off that a Florida Law would allow your employees to have a weapon in their cars in your parking lot. Understand that about 17 other States have a similar law that is proposed or already passed. Pick your new state carefully or you might get put in a position where you will have to move again. P.S. my bullshi* detector went off when I read your post.
Henk

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Mar 19, 2008
You all in the south are just incompetent fools. You keep electing Republican inbreds so you get what you pay for, obviously that ain't much.

You need to ask yourselves why it isn't this happening anywhere else. Oh it is in Ohio, another Christian state, could that be it? All the excuses I hear are its black folks fault,(Affirmative action) or they get paid too much, gubmint problem...blah blah blah. Its people that are running things, you and yours, so if there's a problem it is you. This stupid stuff doesn't happen anywhere else. Accept it, embrace it, make it your own, because that's the only way you will ever move into the 21st century.
Obama bin Saddam

Crystal Springs, FL

#15 Apr 22, 2008
Henky boy....The letter carrier and clerk unions and membership are predominantly (75%) democrats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Petersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lakeside Apartment St Petersburg Evictions Fast... Sun dsfgdfgsfsd 2
Looking for personal loan of $5000? (Jul '13) May 23 Sandra 28
The wave condo complex 3315 58th Avenue S . Any... (Jul '09) May 23 Julia Paulsen 316
coffee (Dec '13) May 19 anonymous 238
Tattoo May 13 Inkman 1
Gandy Music Thread (Apr '16) May 12 Musikologist 4
South Pasadena Music Thread May 9 Musikologist 1

St. Petersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Petersburg Mortgages