open carry in st paul

Since: Feb 12

Franklin, TN

#1 Feb 21, 2012
anyone open carry a hand gun in stpaul??
shadow blade

Paducah, KY

#2 Feb 24, 2012
shore can pardner. ah'll see you at high noon, don't fergit ta be packin' yer iron. haha, this ain't the wild west so I doubt if you can just walk around with a pistol on your belt
name

Lebanon, VA

#3 Feb 24, 2012
Via law says you can open carry without permit. Concealed carry requires permit. So giddy up pardner
shadow blade

Paducah, KY

#4 Feb 25, 2012
so you're saying i can walk down the street in st. paul with a pistol strapped to my side and the police will think that's fine? not even trying to start an argument, just disagreeing until i check the facts for myself.
name

Lebanon, VA

#5 Feb 26, 2012
They might stop and talk to you but law says you can might be best the gun be registered to you

Elliston, VA

#6 Mar 2, 2012
i knew it was legal i was wondering how many people actualy do
name

United States

#7 Mar 2, 2012
Probably few to none open carry....but quite a few conceal carry
Our Rights

Charlotte, NC

#8 Mar 7, 2012
We must never forget our legal rights under the U.S. Constitution as citizens of the U.S.A.
name

Mooresville, NC

#9 Mar 9, 2012
That's the problem everyone is forgetting our rights given to us by the father's of this country. Everyone has become so backwards and PC. Sad animals trees and illegal aliens have more rights then the legal citizens of this country.

Franklin, TN

#10 Apr 9, 2012
yea awhile back i asked a stpaul cop and he told me it was illegal but after about a year of lookin around i found out it wasnt
name

Lebanon, VA

#11 Apr 9, 2012
Gotta over look the semi police they hire here
A Real Democrat

United States

#12 Apr 10, 2012
wont be no doubt about that law soon, just read ( Communist Rules For Revolution) on the internet an you will see how close we are to losing our rights, we are down to rule no 5 now,soon all guns will be taken away, and yes they will know who has guns, they have a detector that will detect from the road if you have a gun inside.
name

Lebanon, VA

#13 Apr 10, 2012
Charlton Heston said it best "they'll pry them from my cold dead hand"

Franklin, TN

#14 Apr 11, 2012
as for takeing away peoples guns it wouldnt help stop crime because the dumb shit criminals would still find ways to get guns so stoping people from getting them legally to protect themselves would be pointless
name

United States

#15 Apr 13, 2012
Read a quote that I found appropriate
" If I feel its time to bury my guns to hide them, then its time to pick them up and use them"

“I love my Sailor ;)”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16 Apr 16, 2012
You can carry an open gun anywhere.. It can not be loaded and most police stop to check the chamber.. If businesses states you can't have weapons then you can't carry them inside..

Franklin, TN

#17 Apr 16, 2012
all the information i have found says it can be loaded and in a holster i havnt found anything saying it cannot be loaded
Handgun Instructor

Clinton, SC

#18 Apr 17, 2012
In the state of Virginia you can start carrying a handgun at the age of 18 but it must not be concealed "must be in plain sight." You can start carrying your handgun concealed " hidden" at the age of 21 with a valid Concealed Handgun Permit. If you are on your own property, you can carry a handgun at the age of 16. Check with your local court system on the requirements to receive your permit in the county I live which is Scott County the only requirement is that you have to take a 10 hour Hunter Education Class, pass the test at the end of the class, then have your finger prints done along with some paperwork, and within a matter of acouple weeks you receive your permit in the mail. A permit is valid for 5 years then you have to renew it, which if you do before 2 weeks before experation it cost 15.00.

Franklin, TN

#20 Apr 17, 2012
navywife_09 wrote:
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bi n/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-287 .4
that says that it cannot carry more than 20 rounds it does not say it cant be loaded
A friend

United States

#21 Apr 21, 2012
What ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 stacked 5 hr honeymylove 17
Add a word drop a word (Oct '11) 5 hr honeymylove 181
Josh Amos 13 hr Really 1
News Town Council passes highest real estate, utilit... (Jun '15) Sun Tammy 186
Anyone sein angie? Sun freind 3
giovannis pizza (May '16) Dec 2 st paul native 12
suugr hill brewery Nov 30 True enough 7

St. Paul Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance