St. Paul man arrested in death of Inv...

St. Paul man arrested in death of Inver Grove Heights woman

There are 65 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 1, 2008, titled St. Paul man arrested in death of Inver Grove Heights woman. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A 31-year-old woman killed Tuesday in a home on St. Paul's West Side was identified today as Gabriela Patricia Romo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
LLH

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 1, 2008
This loser has been in trouble before.

Throw away the key!!
RIP GABBY

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Oct 1, 2008
I went to high school with Gabby Romo- I remember her as a small, quiet but friendly girl with a great sense of humor. I think I also remember Mike Sontoya. I'm very sorry to hear that her life was taken from her. There have been so many killed in my class- Class of 93 Humboldt Sr. High- Maria McLay was so cool to me and so nice to me, Justin Alt was a buddy from school and work, Stevie Tatum was one of my best friends first boyfriends,and there are more. This world is becoming so violent and indecent. God Bless You Gabby- and I pray your family can find some peace and some justice. Sharrell V---
XD40 Fan

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 1, 2008
IGH wrote:
<quoted text>
AND YOU HAVE NEVER GOT IN TROUBLE IN YOUR LIFE RIGHT? YOU ARE ONE OF THE PERFECT ONES IN THE WORLD I AM GUESSING. AND THE FACT THAT HE HAS NOT BEEN CHARGED AS OF YET, YOU CAN'T ASSUME ANYTHING CAN YOU? AND IF HE IS, ITS UP TO THE COURT SYSTEM TO MAKE THAT CALL. NOT YOU PASSING JUDGEMENT ON SOMEONE. THERE ARE ONLY TWO PEOPLE THAT KNOW WHAT WENT ON IN THERE AND I KNOW ITS NOT ME AND I KNOW ITS NOT YOU. SO YOU CAN SAY ALL YOU WANT BUT YOU ARE JUST COMING OFF AS A IGNORANT PERSON.
Put a cork in it. We all know how the process works, including us perfect people.
WSBFL

Englewood, CO

#5 Oct 1, 2008
Mike Santoya, makes deals to then jack for your money, he is a sneech, and what as he done now??? My prayers go out to Familia Romo.....
WOW

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Oct 1, 2008
IGH wrote:
<quoted text>
AND YOU HAVE NEVER GOT IN TROUBLE IN YOUR LIFE RIGHT? YOU ARE ONE OF THE PERFECT ONES IN THE WORLD I AM GUESSING. AND THE FACT THAT HE HAS NOT BEEN CHARGED AS OF YET, YOU CAN'T ASSUME ANYTHING CAN YOU? AND IF HE IS, ITS UP TO THE COURT SYSTEM TO MAKE THAT CALL. NOT YOU PASSING JUDGEMENT ON SOMEONE. THERE ARE ONLY TWO PEOPLE THAT KNOW WHAT WENT ON IN THERE AND I KNOW ITS NOT ME AND I KNOW ITS NOT YOU. SO YOU CAN SAY ALL YOU WANT BUT YOU ARE JUST COMING OFF AS A IGNORANT PERSON.
Here is the usual " I know the accused and he is a great person" deal. And as far as calling the other poster "perfect"??? Get real. You don't have to be perfect to not have been in legal trouble. You also don't get accused of murder or have dead people in your kitchen when you are a good person. Raise your expectations for yourself, and others. No, no one except the two of them know what happened, but obviously he did something terrible to her, whether on purpose or on accident, or she would not be dead. If he killed her, or had anything to do with her death, he should pay the price. And- none of us is perfect, but if your definition of perfect is only that someone has not been in trouble, you don't want much from the world, do ya?????
hummm

United States

#8 Oct 1, 2008
RIP GABBY wrote:
I went to high school with Gabby Romo- I remember her as a small, quiet but friendly girl with a great sense of humor. I think I also remember Mike Sontoya. I'm very sorry to hear that her life was taken from her. There have been so many killed in my class- Class of 93 Humboldt Sr. High- Maria McLay was so cool to me and so nice to me, Justin Alt was a buddy from school and work, Stevie Tatum was one of my best friends first boyfriends,and there are more. This world is becoming so violent and indecent. God Bless You Gabby- and I pray your family can find some peace and some justice. Sharrell V---
Didn't Maria McLay go to Harding? I remember going to school with her and her sister
rip gabby

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Oct 1, 2008
BaTmAn Is CoMiNg tO hElp wrote:
<quoted text>
you and your friends sound like a bunch of losers to me....and the entire class of 93.
I can't beleive you wasted your time typing this..... If reading and comprehension were not an obvious struggle for you I would go deeper, but let me just say this: I went to high school with these people- meaning I said "Hi" in the hallways and knew their names. Life takes you down different paths, and if you are ignorant enough to make judgements based on a passing acquaintance 15 years ago, then maybe me and my "friends" aren't the only losers, huh?? Gawd..... IDIOT!!
rip gabby

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Oct 1, 2008
Maria may have gone to Harding at some point- but when I was in ninth or tenth grade she went to school at Humboldt. She may have graduated from Harding, hmmmmm, but she didn't go there the whole four years.......
hummm

United States

#13 Oct 1, 2008
rip gabby wrote:
Maria may have gone to Harding at some point- but when I was in ninth or tenth grade she went to school at Humboldt. She may have graduated from Harding, hmmmmm, but she didn't go there the whole four years.......
Got it, thanks. Now that I think about it I dont recall seeing her later in the years at school, and you are right she was great
tHANKS kARMa

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Oct 1, 2008
Batman to the rescue was rude for no reason !!
huh

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Oct 1, 2008
IGH wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to Steve Tatum??
huh

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Oct 1, 2008
RIP GABBY wrote:
What happened to Steve Tatum??
LOU DIXON

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Oct 1, 2008
my thoughts and prayers are with the romo family god bless!!! gaby you will be truly missed
Stpaulresident

Chicago, IL

#18 Oct 1, 2008
I attended high school with both Gaby and Mike. They both graduated in '95. Living on the Westside and attending Westside schools is like living in a small town, everyone knows everyone or is connected to others in some way. So this event affects many members of this community. There are two losses here, one her life and the other maybe ending up in prison, possibly for life. Both have known each other since elementary school, which is why it is hard for me to make sense of this tragedy. Either way, many people will suffer for years because of this. RIP Gaby, my sincere prayers and condolences to your family.
aaa

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Oct 1, 2008
people are making asses out of themselves no one knows what happened YET there was a life taking no need argue
RIP GABBY

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Oct 1, 2008
I thought I heard somewhere that Stevie Tatum was killed, that someone shot him- this was maybe a couple years ago? Might be wrong. Hope to be, anyway.... Funny the world seems so big but in the end is so small. We know so many of the same people.
WHY

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Oct 1, 2008
This is all so sad for the family and people have the nerve to argue on the behalf of someone else's loss. I know there should have been no good reason for her death and those involved DO need to be taken in the hands of justice and live up to their crime..whoever it was! Gaby was a great person, mother, sister and aunt to all her neices and nephews...she did not deserve this and she doesnt deserve the ignorant comments people are leaving on here. I wish I could have gotten to know her better than I did and I wished she could have met her new nephew this year but because of someones selfishness she is not given the opportunity. This family is very close and I hope they can pull through this and be strong...my thoughts and prayers are with all of you and may Gaby's soul rest in peace.
Tommy

Salem, OR

#22 Oct 1, 2008
Cut his balls off!!!
Missin A Wonderful Person

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Oct 1, 2008
Comming from a member of the family (a cousin); 1st let me say thank you for all prayers and support through this hard time. You never know how much someone means to you untill their gone and you no longer can tell them the things you want to say and hear what advice or response they would give back, Can no longer can hug them and feel the embrace of their arms around you, Can no longer take a bunch of pics, go through them the next day, remonise, laugh and think "What the heck were we doin?"

Live your life to the fullest...Tell your friends and FAMILY you love them because when you get that phone call...Let me tell you...It hurts.

Once again thank you for the support.

Ohh and for the arguments going on here...All I can say is...SERIOUSLY!?
Gabbys Cousin

River Falls, WI

#24 Oct 1, 2008
Yeah, if we had the law like way back when the law acctually worked, if something like this would happen, he would be led to a tree with some rope. Never to cause problems aain. Too bad it's not like that anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maplewood road rage incident 'out of character'... (May '10) Feb 15 The real John Bab... 64
News Two teens shot on West Side (May '08) Feb 11 Bellows boi 35
Clarks submarine Sandwich (Dec '08) Feb 10 Lamar Adams 173
News Defendant refuses to testify under terms of ple... (Oct '10) Feb 10 Missing him always 15
Subscribe!!! Feb 4 Random Pancakes Here 1
Christ's Household of Faith in St. Paul faces l... Jan 25 Anonymous 1
Heroin,crack,blues,dark and other drugs for sale Jan 23 Mico 2

St. Paul Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Paul Mortgages