Woman charged with threatening St. Pa...

Woman charged with threatening St. Paul cop's son seeks change ...

There are 21 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 15, 2008, titled Woman charged with threatening St. Paul cop's son seeks change .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The attorney for Candyce Marlee Jones argued in court this morning that Jones' case should be moved out of Ramsey County because it is doubtful she could get a fair trial here.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
first

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 15, 2008
first
Whiny little criminals

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Feb 15, 2008
"Nicole Kubista, the public defender representing Jones, cited some 20 pages of comments posted by the public on Twincities.com , the Web site of the Pioneer Press, in response to a story about Jones and her associations with violent criminals.

"In essence, Mr. Jones has been tried on this Web site," and the public has found her guilty before she has her day in court, Kubista said.

In addition, the comments have included information such as Jones' aliases, criminal history and birthdates she may have used - information that may be false or not admissible at trial, Kubista said."

Funny thing about the internet, for all anyone knows, each and every comment on those "20 pages" could have come from wherever these people want to trial moved to. Ya see Mr. Public Defender, anyone on the planet can access the PP online. By the way, tell your client to act tough with someone other than a little kid and see where that gets them.
Whiny little criminals

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 15, 2008
Oh, my bad...it should have read: Ms. Public Defender. Big difference here.
TKay

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Feb 15, 2008
Why wasn't she arrested for threatening to kill the child?
We should all be concerned that the poor thing get a fair trial so she can be put away for a long long time and leave us human beings in peace in this
community.
Paul

Tonganoxie, KS

#6 Feb 15, 2008
If convicted, she won't get much time. This is catch and release Minnesota. Lots of Judges think everyone can be rehabilitated. In our system, the victims history is admissable but never the suspects. Something is wrong with that picture in my book. How about victim and society rights!
What comments

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Feb 15, 2008
You can't even find those comments any more. Don't think it's going to make much difference. Those 20 pages of comments were probably all by the same 5 people who were ALWAYS on the comment boards. What a ridiculous argument for change of venue.
Lisa

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Feb 15, 2008
Shes a smart one. Lets threaten a child in front of his parent who is also a police officer because your boyfriends are getting arrested for breaking the law. Yup I see how that makes sence.
Jake

United States

#10 Feb 15, 2008
I hope that the trial stays in Ramsey County. I also hope that she is found guilty and ends up doing the maximum amount of time she can be sentenced to in prison. I then hope she is released to an environment that will harrass her and her idiot criminal friends for the rest of her life.

Only an animal would threaten a child. Only a moronic animal would threaten a police officer's child in front of the officer himself!

I wish Officer Arnold and his family all the best.
FreePeteRose

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Feb 15, 2008
it's time that all these punk gang-bangers and their wannabe friends get the RICO laws thrown at them the same way that the Feds took down the Mafia. Any person who threatens the life of a 10 year old child hasn't got a brain in their head anyway, so what use is she to society? and now I'm expected to believe that the law respecting general populace is the problem, not her? She should be behind bars! And all of her gang "friends" should be behind bars too. Anyone aiding or profitting from the existence of a gang should be behind bars. Or maybe a holiday camp like they have down in Arizona! Put 'em in tents when it's 6 below like it is today. That'll learn 'em!
Mister Apathy

Stillwater, MN

#19 Feb 15, 2008
Morons asking for stiff sentences. That will never happen in Minnesota. Quit wasting our time with stupid comments.
ThaLeena

Eden Prairie, MN

#25 Feb 15, 2008
awwww, doesn't FREEDOM OF SPEECH suck Candice. You and the NAACP are all for it when the public bashes the cops. Who gives a RIP what the PiPi pages say---no one reads them anyways. And shes a POS anyways. Give her a MPLS judge then, I just came from court and the aholes whose crime led to the death of the Park Officer both got the max.
The right to free speech

United States

#26 Feb 15, 2008
Love the comments, "Bring out the lynch and whips. We got a tough one here Boys" Thanks Public Pretender, our comment here are forensic.
Gotta love the freedom of speech.
quitie pie

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Feb 17, 2008
all the jones sister are not bad and they are very intellegent candy just got cought up with the wrong crowd. they had a hard life. but all her sisters are not bad. and her mother is nice and intellegent and should not be held or slandered for her daughter actions.
whats you know

Minneapolis, MN

#29 Feb 20, 2008
THERES ONLY 4 SISTERS DUMB BIT! AND THREE ARE HOE AND CANT TAKE CARE OF THERE KIDS ROBBERS IN THE STORES ON WELFAIR TELLING EVERY ONE THERE GOING TO GET KILLED IF THEY FU WITH THEM. MOTHER LIKE DAUGHTER YOU SAYING THAT YOU DONT KNOW THEM ONLY ONE IS GOOD THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH HER SHE DONT DO HOW TO KEEP HER HOUSE CLEAN AND A HARD LIFE CANDY CHOOES TO LIVE THAT LIFE RUNNING THE STREETS NO BODY IS TRYING TO LYNCH THE BIT SHE BROUGHT THIS ON HER SELF MAY BE KIA WILL LEARN NOT TO O[PEN HER BIG MOUTH AND MAYBE START TAKING CARE OF HER SPECIAL NEEDS KIDS SHE GAVE UP !
dan b

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Feb 21, 2008
i cant wait to see what she gets, cus the rapist got only 6 months....
A Jones COUSIN

United States

#32 Feb 23, 2008
A for all you you oot there talking about $h!t you don't know get your fact str8 be for you open your BIG A$$ MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!
TO JONES COUIN

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Feb 23, 2008
YOU SILLY BI@# YOUR JUST LIKE THE TOO THE FACT ARE STR8 BUT YOU FEEL THAT WAY BECAUSE YOUR THE SAME WAY ! DONT HATE THE TRUTH WILL NEVER HURT NOBODY i GUESS JUST ! AND I DID TELL THE BI#$@ TO THERE FACE ALL THEY DID WAS PULL WEPONS OUT AND 5 OTHER HOS YOU ARE ONE OF THEM TELL YOU COUSIN DONT CRY NOW .

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#34 Feb 23, 2008
Ms. Jones, you and all your gang-bangin' friends are hopeless losers and drains on society.

Please leave, take your families with you and don't return. I am sick of having to pay for you, whether it is for your welfare, your WIC, your health care or your incarceration.

All you liberals that love these folks, why don't you pay for them out of your own pocket...somewhere else as well.
Matt

Saint Paul, MN

#35 Feb 23, 2008
A Jones COUSIN wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you any type of money your B!T#H A$$ wont say that $H!T to our face you weak A$$ B!T#H
Any type of money? So I get to choose the currency then?... So many choices.

I bet that computer your typing on is stolen.
wild bill

Anoka, MN

#36 Feb 24, 2008
Just another SLAG.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OMG, Dayton Hospitalized, Is he on Medicare? (Feb '16) 2 hr Do Not Assume 5
News Minnesota governor released from hospital after... (Feb '16) May 17 American Politicians 10
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Saint Paul (Nov '13) May 10 Child Of God 65
Clarks submarine Sandwich (Dec '08) May 7 Hengwa2 167
News Parker Hughes Cancer center suspending operations (Feb '08) Apr 28 Laura 17
News St. Paul / 2 men charged in fatal shooting (Feb '08) Apr 26 Tasha Scott 33
Richard Dean Renwick "dropbacknpunt" on ebay. H... (Jan '16) Apr '17 rashonda 4

St. Paul Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Paul Mortgages