East Side, your diets are over: Yarusso-Bros. restaurant reopening Friday

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. Fred Yarusso, whose house sits just across the street from the Italian restaurant his grandfather founded, lost 12 pounds the week after a February kitchen fire charred three generations of hard work. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Noodles

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Jul 30, 2009
East Side Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget about Romolo's
The Governor's has great spaghetti.

Since: Jun 08

Apple Valley, MN

#24 Jul 30, 2009
Welcome back!!!
inaz

United States

#25 Jul 30, 2009
Hopefully no one gets killed.

Cause there aint no party like an eastside party cause an eastside party don't quit... that is until someone gets shot in the neck!

Stay Classy Eastsiders.
Stephen Kupris

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Jul 30, 2009
Traditional, family recipe or not, the recipe for the sauce needs to be rejigged. In fact the restaurant might better market itself by introducing a thicker, pastier, tomato sauce alternative in addition to its standby staple.
Aint that news

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Jul 30, 2009
NoDOubt wrote:
Good to have them back in action, though I wish Rocco's on Minnehaha was still in existence.
Me too, and Geno's on Payne Avenue. I think Yaruso's put them right out of business. Geno's have really good food.
DHM

Saint Paul, MN

#28 Jul 30, 2009
welcome back- loseing you would be like loseing Boca Chica from the westside.

Since: Feb 08

Big Lake, MN

#29 Jul 30, 2009
East Side Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
The bestest, most greasiest, pizza around. I took my boys there for father's Day. They loved it.
JBL

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Jul 30, 2009
Glad they're back. A bit of good news.
Hometown Girl

Palo Alto, CA

#31 Jul 30, 2009
East Side Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
Rom's just keeps getting better- yum!
DonutMan

Minneapolis, MN

#32 Jul 30, 2009
I use to trade donuts for dagos. Fred, Mike and David sure was a trio. Somebody would be yelling at someone including me. I always stopped there on my way home to relax and bs with the boys. Good Luck to you guys and thanks for staying on the East Side " DONUTMAN"
Phillup Macrevis

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Jul 30, 2009
wonder if they've improved any of the food,not that it was bad
DFL4LIFE

Minneapolis, MN

#34 Jul 30, 2009
Why is everyone cheering the return of this restaurant before all the facts are in? Does Yarusso's use transfats in their recipes? Do they serve red meat? How about alcohol? Is smoking allowed on their property? If any of those are true, then the restaurant is merely exacerbating the crisis of epidemic obesity in America and driving up health care costs for all. It's long past time that these restaurants are held accountable and nudged towards a more health-friendly menu.
here we go

Saint Paul, MN

#35 Jul 30, 2009
I haven't been to Yarusso's in many many years and was very sad to hear it burned down. Now, I'm jumping on the bandwagon and we'll be there for dinner first chance we get!
here we go

Saint Paul, MN

#36 Jul 30, 2009
DFL4LIFE wrote:
Why is everyone cheering the return of this restaurant before all the facts are in? Does Yarusso's use transfats in their recipes? Do they serve red meat? How about alcohol? Is smoking allowed on their property? If any of those are true, then the restaurant is merely exacerbating the crisis of epidemic obesity in America and driving up health care costs for all. It's long past time that these restaurants are held accountable and nudged towards a more health-friendly menu.
Typical joyless left wing buzz kill....
here we go

Saint Paul, MN

#37 Jul 30, 2009
Aint that news wrote:
<quoted text>Me too, and Geno's on Payne Avenue. I think Yaruso's put them right out of business. Geno's have really good food.
What I really miss is Napoli's.
MnNative

Saint Paul, MN

#38 Jul 30, 2009
here we go wrote:
<quoted text>
What I really miss is Napoli's.
yeah, now you ar talking. Best lasagna ever
Laura

Saint Paul, MN

#39 Sep 15, 2012
Rocco's was the best on the East Side, I ate their almost every week growing up. My parents would go for every special ocassion. They had the best spaghetti and meatballs. The bread was fantastic as well as the spaghetti sauce. I sure do miss the old place. I remember there was a line out the door so you had to get there early on Friday night. Anyone find anything that is similar?? Geno's was my second place to go I loved that place too. I never really liked Yarusso's. I wish I had a place to take my children to like my parents did.

Does anyone know who owned Rocco's? I remember my mom saying that the wife worked like a dog there. Anyone have any of the receipes?
Mel

Minneapolis, MN

#40 Jul 20, 2013
What happened to Geno's? Our family went there weekly for decades, then one day it was closed. I have great nostalgia for Geno's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West St. Paul: South Robert Street makeover in ... Oct 17 Abby 1
Family fears woman latest Minnesotan drawn to S... Oct 17 car mat 2
Lawsuit accusing St. Paul cops of avenging fall... Oct 15 PB in Saint Paul 1
St. Paul to boost paid leave for new parents Oct 15 PB in Saint Paul 1
Drunken zombie Santa arrested after invading home Oct 15 Kid_Tomorrow 2
Capitol City Meats closes, and butcher Jimmy Bi... (Aug '10) Oct 15 Big Dave 73
Judge OKs Settlement in Minn. Church Abuse Case Oct 14 cantmakeitup 2
St. Paul Dating
Find my Match

St. Paul Jobs