Ritchie disinvited to speak at Minnea...

Ritchie disinvited to speak at Minneapolis Catholic church; appearance: "just not appropriate"

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities story from Jul 31, 2012, titled Ritchie disinvited to speak at Minneapolis Catholic church; appearance: "just not appropriate". In it, TwinCities reports that:

Minnesota Secretary of State Mark Ritchie, who had been invited to speak at St. Joan of Arc Church.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

goose

Chicago, IL

#1 Jul 31, 2012
Not Appropriate is an understatement!

Ritchie would feel right at home in the Chicago politics crowd.
Demystifying liberal myth

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jul 31, 2012
goose wrote:
The "impartial" arbiter is an emperor sans clothes, as he's proven in his faithful-party-hack statements to the DFL faithful.

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/commentari...

... "Ritchie knows partisan politics is strictly off-limits in his job. He acknowledged this in a letter to Lorie Gildea, chief justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court, which will hear a legal challenge to his actions next week.

"As the State's Chief Election Official," Ritchie wrote, "I have the ministerial duty to ensure that the ballots are properly printed, not to take a side as to whether a ballot question proposed by the Legislature accurately or completely represents a Constitutional amendment under consideration."

"Amen to that.

"But Ritchie has chosen a different course.

"In a hyperventilating, stem-winder speech about the amendment at the DFL state convention in June, he fumed that "it is an affront to us to put this in front of the public." He mocked its title "photo ID" as "ridiculous."

"Ritchie went on to compare his opposition to voter ID to the Union Army's brave stand against the benighted Confederates at the Battle of Gettysburg. There, he said, Minnesota soldiers "saved" the Constitution and defended "liberty and justice for all." Now, he thundered, Minnesotans have a chance to do it again.

"Got that, Minnesotans? The huge majority of you who support voter ID are like slave-holding Confederates who thirst to wipe out "liberty and justice" in our state.

"Some impartial arbiter!"
Fred

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jul 31, 2012
Ritchie is a pig. A very biased pig.

Congrats to St Joan of Arc for telling he he was no longer welcome to come there and speakj.
bill

United States

#4 Jul 31, 2012
goose wrote:
he looks like frankenstein's fraternal twin
bill

United States

#5 Aug 1, 2012
Fred wrote:
Ritchie is a pig. A very biased pig.
Congrats to St Joan of Arc for telling he he was no longer welcome to come there and speakj.
SThat CHurch is a liberal left church..I doubt anyone from the church said anything,they invited him..I think it twas the Archie that told him to butt out.Glad there are a few strong minded men left in the Churches

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roseville Dairy Queen makes annual list of '10 ... (May '10) Sat Jim_M 34
Gauging Home Owners Aug 17 No More Taxes 1
News Joe's Crab Shack apologizes for racially-charge... (Mar '16) Aug 16 Chauntyll Allen 27
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Saint Paul (Nov '13) Aug 11 rgoodroad 69
News Minnesota governor released from hospital after... (Feb '16) Aug 10 science roohls 12
Nurse Resents E.R. Patients Aug 6 No No Joe John 1
News Man broke into St. Paul police station, stole p... Aug 5 TheRealTruth 1

St. Paul Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Paul Mortgages