Alaska Villages Reject Venezuela Oil

In Alaska's native villages, the punishing winter cold is already coming through the walls of the lightly insulated plywood homes, many of the villagers are desperately poor, and heating-oil prices are among ... Full Story
Jerry

United States

#1 Oct 10, 2006
A Message to the Tribes of Anchorage

"It is harder for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven than it is for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle."

"Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. "

I find it hard to believe that you would refuse the precious gift being offered you because of a politics. You are confusing your pride in your country with the man who (supposedly) runs the country.

If you'd do a little research, you'd see that Georege Bush, your president, cares less about you and your needs than you think. And while I'm not crazy about the leader of any other country calling our elected leaders names, if you'd read the real news instead of listening to the mainstream media and stop "waving the flag" for a second, you might find that your president isn't all you give him credit for. You might see that he really is a pretty darn evil man, like it or not.

And although sometimes these things are hard to understand, you might discover that the president of Venezuela actually does care more about you than George W. Bush. Believe it or not, he's a true humanitarian who looks out for his people and understands their needs. I have been though 10 US presidents and this one, George Bush, is a bad man. Really bad. Hugo Chavez may have a big mouth but he is a kind and caring leader, unlike your president.

To turn down the precious oil that would make the lives of hundreds of people in your tribe and village easier and more comfortable this winter is stupid, and based on ignorance. You are putting the lives of innocent families in danger, including children who don't play politics, but who just need to be warm.

Don't let your pride and the misinformation about your "president" warp your common sense and endanger the health and well being of your people, your brothers and sisters, and their babies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halibut bodies to meet amid growing bycatch con... Feb 3 Kim 1
A swarm of earthquakes have been recorded in th... Feb 3 Kim 1
String of earthquakes shakes up Pribilof Island Feb 3 Kim 1
Swarm of earthquakes hits Alaska's Pribilof Isl... Feb 3 Kim 1
Hot Rock (Jan '13) Jan '13 chipmunk 1
Dutch Harbor mourns captain Phil Harris (Feb '10) Jan '13 shlisten 5
Review mandated, but with no clear rules (Dec '11) Dec '11 Lee Lowe 1
St. Paul Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web