Outlook grim for former UND student president hurt outside Minnesot...

The condition of a former UND student body president injured outside a Minnesota bar deteriorated over the weekend, according to a CaringBridge site created by his supporters. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Suburban Mom

Saint Paul, MN

#1 May 11, 2010
Lazy journalism. His CaringBridge site says his condition has deteriorated -- That was as of Saturday. It's Tuesday now.
Stacy

Minneapolis, MN

#2 May 11, 2010
I don't think there's anyone on the face of the earth who cares more about this guy's health than Al Tournisto. Al's future is totally dependent upon Adam's health. That's a big load for Adam to carry.
JEF

Saint Paul, MN

#3 May 11, 2010
Bars are not the place to be, at any time. There are drunk people fighting over perceived insults, women and the like. Get a Plasma TV, buy a six-pack, and invite someone over.
EIB

Hopkins, MN

#4 May 11, 2010
Buy a six-pack for what? To water the petunias with? More like, get a 1.75 liter of Bacardi or Stoli, a little mix and some ice, and drink up.
Stacy

Minneapolis, MN

#5 May 11, 2010
It's sad that the "fight" was over something inane, insipid and worthless. Now that everyone is sobered up we can see how much alcohol can mess up our thinking. I have no idea what the altercation was over, but being a bar situation, I'm sure it was an inconsequential issue.
Migz

Minneapolis, MN

#6 May 11, 2010
Stay strong Adam. A lot of people across the country are pulling for you buddy.
The real - NICE

Saint Paul, MN

#7 May 11, 2010
My prayer go out to the families that have to wait and wonder. I hope all will end well.
Indichik

New York, NY

#8 May 11, 2010
Alexander Tuomisto = Smiley Face Killer
Jay

Washington, DC

#9 May 11, 2010
It was a terribly unfortunate fluke accident. 999 out of 1000 times this happens the guy falls down, gets up, and wakes up the next morning forgetting about it. This time, though, he fell "just right" (actually, just "wrong"!), and now he may not make it. TERRIBLE. He certainly didn't deserve this. But I am shocked the Wright County Attorney might charge the 23 year old, Tuomisto, with 1st degree manslaughter. Baker was obviously out in the bar parking lot to fight. Tuomisto hit him with ONE punch - and in response to a punch FIRST being thrown by Baker which missed the mark. Tuomisto could EASILY have been the one in a coma. But the Wright County Attorney is an elected official, and is under political pressure not to appear to be soft on crime. The problem is that there was no crime. I sincerely hope Adam completely recovers.
DeadOn

Oak Forest, IL

#12 May 11, 2010
Suburban Mom wrote:
Lazy journalism. His CaringBridge site says his condition has deteriorated -- That was as of Saturday. It's Tuesday now.
Totally incompetent!

Since: Apr 10

Anytown, USA

#13 May 11, 2010
Jay wrote:
It was a terribly unfortunate fluke accident. 999 out of 1000 times this happens the guy falls down, gets up, and wakes up the next morning forgetting about it. This time, though, he fell "just right" (actually, just "wrong"!), and now he may not make it. TERRIBLE. He certainly didn't deserve this. But I am shocked the Wright County Attorney might charge the 23 year old, Tuomisto, with 1st degree manslaughter. Baker was obviously out in the bar parking lot to fight. Tuomisto hit him with ONE punch - and in response to a punch FIRST being thrown by Baker which missed the mark. Tuomisto could EASILY have been the one in a coma. But the Wright County Attorney is an elected official, and is under political pressure not to appear to be soft on crime. The problem is that there was no crime. I sincerely hope Adam completely recovers.
The fact that Baker missed means that Tuomisto landed the first (and only) punch. The County Attorney is using THAT to make it 1st degree. If Baker's punch had landed, it would have been self defense. TANJ (There Ain"t No Justice).
An interested reader

New Richmond, WI

#14 May 11, 2010
Jay----"But I am shocked the Wright County Attorney might charge the 23 year old, Tuomisto, with 1st degree manslaughter. Baker was obviously out in the bar parking lot to fight. Tuomisto hit him with ONE punch - and in response to a punch FIRST being thrown by Baker which missed the mark. Tuomisto could EASILY have been the one in a coma."

Jay, were you there to see this happen? Because no where in the article did I read that Adam Baker throw any punches. DO you have some inside scoop from Washington DC you are not sharing with the rest of us? You make some rather serious allegations against Mr. Baker that deserve some further explaining.
Arias

Lake Oswego, OR

#15 May 11, 2010
Jay wrote:
You Are A Fake...
Jay

Gilbert, AZ

#16 May 11, 2010
You are correct - my information was not in any of the media articles. But it is true and will come out eventually. In the meantime, let's all root for Adam to completely recover. I see that he seems to be improving, which is terrific news!
RJL

Montgomery, AL

#17 May 13, 2010
There is a man in critical condition and you all are arguing who punched who first and so and so should not be charged with murder. Get over yourselves! You don't know the whole story and anything we do in life can put us "at risk" for the consequences. Mr. Tuomisto has a criminal history and he should have to deal with whatever fate leads this to. The fact is that he caused this accident (the punch was intentional), then fled, then turned himself in. Now he is posted on $100,000 bail? Who has that kind of money is my question. God bless Adam!
Jay

Washington, DC

#18 May 17, 2010
I am an attorney but have NEVER been involved in this case and will not be involved in the future. Nor am I am not a relative of the family. First, Mr. Tuomisto's "criminal history" includes 2 citations for underage drinking. These are two VERY minor infractions on his now-expunged JUVENILE record. This obviously happens to kids (under 18) all the time. Second, Tuomisto's only only adult infraction was a minor altercation while he was in college when he was defending the honor of a girl, for which he arguably should be applauded. Third, Tuomisto did flee the scene in St. Michael - AS DID DOZENS OF OTHERS - when the police showed up; but he had NO idea that someone was hurt, and when he did discover that Adam was injured he VOLUNTARILY turned himself in the next day. Fourth, regarding the $100,000 bail, one simply posts a $1,000 bond to obtain the $100K bail. In the very unlikely event that Tuomisto were to "skip bail", the bail bondsman would be on the hook for the $100K and the person who posted it (maybe Tuomisto's parents?) is out the $1,000. Fifth, EVERYONE - including, I'm certain, Alex Tuomisto and all of Alex's family and friends - is pulling for Adam and wishes him TOTAL AND COMPLETE recovery and an extremely happy life. They wish this despite the fact that Adam Baker was in the parking lot for the sole purpose of fighting, and that if Alex Tuomisto had not blocked Adam Bakers' punch, he - Alex Tuomisto - might have been the one in a coma. Obviously, therefore, it is not wise to get involved in fist-fights; your life can be ruined both if you win OR you lose. God help both of them - but right now especially Adam Baker.
Cook em

Benson, MN

#19 May 19, 2010
Tough guy,one punch "take that". Hey Al, get ready to "take that" in a prison cell homie. Eveyone is tough when your fighting in a bar connected to your apartment. Just practice your squats before heading in the big house wanna-be tough guy, it will lessin' the pain.
Mee

Stillwater, MN

#20 May 21, 2010
Hey Jay;
Jay: You can stick up for Tuomisto all you want but that wasn't the only fight he was in, he sucker punched someone else at the courner bar a weekend or two earler.. It was Tuomisto and couple other people jumped one of my friends I wasn't there but I heard about it and my friend itdentified Tuomisto as one of them.. If Tuomisto has anger problems while he's on bail maybe he better seek some counseling or i guess they will provide it in prison...
Mee

Stillwater, MN

#21 May 21, 2010
Jay my other question is if Tuomisto lives at the corner bar in a upstairs apartment why did he need to go to the parking lot??? and by chance do you feel your defending Tuomisto because you frequent the corner bar regularly and maybe involved or your just friends with Tuomisto?
T Ford

Fargo, ND

#22 May 23, 2010
Minn wrote:
White violence is an epidemic. I blame their culture.
white on white violence is killing our young people. We should blame the police, and riot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Michael Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota primary is Tuesday; here's what you n... Aug '14 invest in SD 6
Review: Sunglass Hut (May '14) May '14 Sunday is 10-7 1
After years of cheer, 'Santa' faces personal ba... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Sangelia 5
Mary Kiffmeyer: Running for Bachmann's U.S. Hou... (May '13) May '13 Joshep 1
purity (May '11) Apr '13 Spirit67 342
Eden Prairie Patch Is Coming Soon (Sep '12) Sep '12 Elaine 1
Wright County Sheriff's Office Confirms Report ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Mary H 1
St. Michael Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

St. Michael People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Matthews fined $22K for block on QB Wilson
Yahoo! Sports 1:24 PM
What trick will Belichick pull from his hoodie sleeve next?
Bleacher Report 6:54 PM
Why Vikings Must Draft CB Quinten Rollins
Bleacher Report 5:47 AM
Dez Must Top Vikings' FA Wish List
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out