Westboro Baptist Church member to pub...

Westboro Baptist Church member to publish memoir

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#1 Feb 25, 2013
'Lauren Drain said she continues to have hope for her family members who are still members of Westboro Baptist Church — the same church she was banished from after having spent seven years picketing the funerals of children, soldiers, homosexuals and spreading a message she once believed.

“It’s horrible to throw your child away,” Drain said of her parents.“But I do continue to hold out hope for my family. I hope one day they will realize that isn’t a Christian-based message. I’m their daughter, and I hope they change. In a way, I think they are still brainwashed. The best thing I can do is hope.”

Drain has written a book,“Banished, A Memoir, Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church,” which will be released March 5.'

http://cjonline.com/news/2013-02-24/woman-ban...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ladies of all ages and types no matter your rel... 9 hr Shari 2
topeka gangs out of control (May '12) Jul 21 Whiny1 11
Debate: Marijuana - Topeka, KS (Aug '10) Jul 17 7-4-14 GDN 45
News Transgender Kansans fear voter ID law is roadblock (Jul '14) Jul 15 TerryE 13
News Fiesta FAQs: What to know before you go Jul 15 d-0-o-b 2
News Mother of boy injured in explosion: Vehicle car... Jul 10 Jorge 1
News TPD identify shooting victim, release photo of ... Jul 8 Jorge 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages