So where and who is the best to go to...
Just Someone

Phillips, ME

#41 Feb 11, 2009
Megan Barnes at Hair Nails and Tan is the best! I started going to her about a year ago and absolutely LOVE everything she has done to my hair. I even just let her do "whatever" she thinks would look great and it always does!
Kat

Knoxville, TN

#42 Feb 11, 2009
Eye Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
Well another $35.00 disappointment :(
Oh, no! That stinks! I'm sorry you had another disappointing experience. Like Daisy said, don't feel bad for wanting your hair to look good; it's not shallow. We can hide imperfections with clothes, but you can't do it with hair.
Birdy

Athens, ME

#43 Feb 28, 2009
I just pay 3.50 on hairspray and a few bucks on shampoo-and cut my hair myself.no training, but I know how I like it and I save lots of money and am happy with my chopping.
Jason

Clifton, TN

#44 Mar 1, 2009
JRs
Cats Meow

United States

#45 Oct 14, 2009
I love the new salon at Laurel,Amor hair design .I have been there twice Stephanie Crews did my hair first time,loved it.Just went last week Kim Turner did my hair,Love it so much.Both times I had an awesome time.Two thumbs up!
anon

Norridgewock, ME

#46 Oct 15, 2009
salon ellapar, hands down! great prices, products and services! Hallie is the bomb!
Cat8163

United States

#47 Oct 23, 2009
Try Brittany at Shabangs. She does an excellent job with a razor.
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree totally,except for the razor part. I have had excellent razor cuts. Of course not in this town. I have short, thick, spiked hair so I like a razor cut. Razors aren't for all types or styles of hair. My last cut (which I think confirms I have now tried every place in town)looks like it was done with a dull razor!TERRIBLE Opps... no I still have to try Elpar. I think that's the one mentioned here? Going to try the mall in Brunswick next. Read two good reviews so we'll see. You never know who's writing them though.
awondrin

Inola, OK

#48 Oct 24, 2009
Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that, but I have been going there for years. My hair dresser does what I want. She has never let me down. Her name is Marla and she was awarded the best in Camden Award.
Marla is gone (she moved out of town) as are all of the former long time stylist there. The place all but closed down last month, but I hear they have a couple of new stylist now.
39chelle

Yulee, FL

#49 Nov 7, 2009
my hair is very fine and i need someone who will cut an inverted bob right and do some hightlights. i made an appointment with jill at salon ellapar. im crossing my fingers i will love it.im looking for one stylist to stick to.
awondrin

Inola, OK

#50 Nov 7, 2009
39chelle wrote:
my hair is very fine and i need someone who will cut an inverted bob right and do some hightlights. i made an appointment with jill at salon ellapar. im crossing my fingers i will love it.im looking for one stylist to stick to.
Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.
Sharr

United States

#51 Nov 9, 2009
Jill is awesome!
39chelle

Yulee, FL

#52 Nov 14, 2009
i wasn't real pleased with salon ella par..hallie did my hair and she was polite but not welcoming/personable...the cut was ok but not the best ive had.the salon was not welcoming/friendly.so i went today to a salon in callahan called Dot's and Mindy reshaped and finished/cleaned my cut.i LOVE it.salon ella par doesn't have nothing on Mindy at Dot's..prices are good also.....i found my stylist and won't go anywhere else
Shell O

United States

#53 Nov 18, 2009
no name wrote:
SALON ELAPAR
Yes yes yes Salon Elapar is the best, I have lived in Saint Marys for a little over a year and have tried them all I was even going to drive to JAX acuse i could not find anyone to do my hair the way I want ed it done AND in a timely maner I was then told about Jill at Salon Elapar and got in a week later, LOVE her I see tina for when I need my Hair styled But I am sure they all do great work
gina

United States

#54 Nov 27, 2009
39chelle wrote:
i wasn't real pleased with salon ella par..hallie did my hair and she was polite but not welcoming/personable...the cut was ok but not the best ive had.the salon was not welcoming/friendly.so i went today to a salon in callahan called Dot's and Mindy reshaped and finished/cleaned my cut.i LOVE it.salon ella par doesn't have nothing on Mindy at Dot's..prices are good also.....i found my stylist and won't go anywhere else
I went to Ellapar for my first time in June and I found the staff very welcoming and very friendly I highly recommend them!
Ginny2

Inola, OK

#55 Nov 29, 2009
Ellapar is OK but not the best. I would use them before I made the drive to JAX unless you want a very special service. For that I would go to Gaynell at Shear Delight.

Take a look at this discussion.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/st-marys-ga/T...
Just Me

Kingsland, GA

#56 Dec 8, 2009
Tina @ Salon Ella Par is great!

Since: Aug 09

United States

#57 Dec 8, 2009
Since Marla moved, I went to Gaynell at Shear Delights, she does wonders with curly hair!
carla

United States

#58 Dec 8, 2009
Tina at tranquility is great attends hair shows and teaches at a hair school in jacksonville...she worked at the ritz befor opening her own salion...she cut oprahs hair several times
JWW

Inola, OK

#59 Dec 28, 2009
I learned the hard way to stay away from Headlines. My stylist left the salon she had been at and went to Headlines. I called them to make an appointment with her for my hair color. First I couldn't get in to park. It is in back of the mattress store and doesn't have much parking. I had to wait for the mattress truck to move before I could park. When I got in, my stylist was busy. They said that something was wrong with the computer and they got 2 people at the same time. They tried to get me to let another stylist do my hair but I said I would wait for my stylist. I had to wait for almost one hour. Then she didn't have the right color because they wouldn't buy the same kind she used in the other salon. Some young guy who is the owner tried to help get the color right. My stylist finally got my color done and it looked good. She was cutting my hair like she always does and the owner came back and said she wasn't doing it right. But I told her to just cut it like she always did. When she got everything done, she told me it would cost almost twice what I used to pay. She said that the salon where she used to work wouldn't let her charge what she was worth and that is why she moved. I paid but I called the salon I used to go to and asked if they would take me back and if I could get my hair done for the old price. She said they would be happy to and I could have the price I used to pay. I will never go back to Headlines.
Bearhug

Strong, ME

#60 Jan 11, 2010
JWW wrote:
I learned the hard way to stay away from Headlines. My stylist left the salon she had been at and went to Headlines. I called them to make an appointment with her for my hair color. First I couldn't get in to park. It is in back of the mattress store and doesn't have much parking. I had to wait for the mattress truck to move before I could park. When I got in, my stylist was busy. They said that something was wrong with the computer and they got 2 people at the same time. They tried to get me to let another stylist do my hair but I said I would wait for my stylist. I had to wait for almost one hour. Then she didn't have the right color because they wouldn't buy the same kind she used in the other salon. Some young guy who is the owner tried to help get the color right. My stylist finally got my color done and it looked good. She was cutting my hair like she always does and the owner came back and said she wasn't doing it right. But I told her to just cut it like she always did. When she got everything done, she told me it would cost almost twice what I used to pay. She said that the salon where she used to work wouldn't let her charge what she was worth and that is why she moved. I paid but I called the salon I used to go to and asked if they would take me back and if I could get my hair done for the old price. She said they would be happy to and I could have the price I used to pay. I will never go back to Headlines.
I had the owner cut my hair once. He went on and on about awards he won and such. So with high hopes he cut away. I don't know what world that competition was in but my cut was not worthy of any award. I'm sure he has his followers,like from his church and such.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Salt, Pepper, and Thyme 26 min Weak Tea 9
1 out of 3 days at a Trump property 30 min Jorge 1
A Black savage identification course for Liberals (Jul '14) 45 min Jorge 306
RINO's Lied Again 5 hr patooey 8
Trumpcare DOA? 10 hr Really 17
The Right Way To Promote Tourism (Mar '13) 20 hr Jorge 38
Another Friday, another Trump vacation 21 hr Jorge 5

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance