So where and who is the best to go to...

So where and who is the best to go to for hair in town??

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Profile under contruction....”

Since: Sep 08

St. Marys

#1 Sep 30, 2008
Just wanting some feedback good or bad and recommendations on who to go to and why..
Anony

Anderson, CA

#2 Oct 1, 2008
Check Shear Delight on Osbourne. I had mine done there a few times and was always satisfied.
Chicky

Norridgewock, ME

#3 Oct 1, 2008
Hair, Nails, And Tans. They are next to Belks in St. Marys. The staff is great and they are very talented in what they do!
abz

Virginia Beach, VA

#4 Oct 1, 2008
Chicky wrote:
Hair, Nails, And Tans. They are next to Belks in St. Marys. The staff is great and they are very talented in what they do!
The one time I went into this place the lady that cut my hair wouldn't beleive me when I told her my hair was naturally curly. Then she did the one thing I had asked her not to do. I will never go back there.

“Profile under contruction....”

Since: Sep 08

St. Marys

#5 Oct 1, 2008
Shabangs!!
Chicky

Norridgewock, ME

#6 Oct 1, 2008
abz wrote:
<quoted text>
The one time I went into this place the lady that cut my hair wouldn't beleive me when I told her my hair was naturally curly. Then she did the one thing I had asked her not to do. I will never go back there.
Sorry to hear that, but I have been going there for years. My hair dresser does what I want. She has never let me down. Her name is Marla and she was awarded the best in Camden Award.
Eyes Wide Open

Phillips, ME

#7 Oct 6, 2008
Fabulous peach wrote:
Shabangs!!
Shabangs with two exclamation points? Sounds to me like you started this just to advertise.

I went to Cherry pronounced Sherry and paid $45 for a haircut. Now I didn't mind the cost but a day or two after I decided I need a little more off. So I call and was given an appointment for 5 weeks later! I ask the receptionist "do I really need an appointment for a little more off". He said yes.

So guess what? I ended up going back and when I went to pay I ask if there was a charge and she said that's $45. I explained about the little off part and she goes and comes back and says....are you ready for this....it's been 5 weeks? She said it was because of the time lapse. WHAT! In all fairness I did get a full cut because I was talking the whole time and figured she knew why I was there.

Whenever I needed more off any other place they take you as soon as possible and don't charge. So make sure you have what you want before you leave. But if you're like me it's not to you get home and get your hands on that you know if it's right.

“Profile under contruction....”

Since: Sep 08

St. Marys

#8 Oct 8, 2008
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
Shabangs with two exclamation points? Sounds to me like you started this just to advertise.
I went to Cherry pronounced Sherry and paid $45 for a haircut. Now I didn't mind the cost but a day or two after I decided I need a little more off. So I call and was given an appointment for 5 weeks later! I ask the receptionist "do I really need an appointment for a little more off". He said yes.
So guess what? I ended up going back and when I went to pay I ask if there was a charge and she said that's $45. I explained about the little off part and she goes and comes back and says....are you ready for this....it's been 5 weeks? She said it was because of the time lapse. WHAT! In all fairness I did get a full cut because I was talking the whole time and figured she knew why I was there.
Whenever I needed more off any other place they take you as soon as possible and don't charge. So make sure you have what you want before you leave. But if you're like me it's not to you get home and get your hands on that you know if it's right.
Yeah I actually do hair at Shabangs so I was just curious to what people think about salons or stylists in town thats all..Its really good to know.Sorry that had happened to you there and your right if I had ever had a client that wanted just a little more trimmed or thinned I would just fit them into my schedule and not charge them more unless it was a whole different haircut..Shabangs is under new ownership and is going really well..So im really proud to work there and respect all hairstylists in town whether they work at Walmart or Shabangs!!
abz

Virginia Beach, VA

#9 Oct 8, 2008
You don't have anything better to do? Get a life.
Eyes Wide Open

Phillips, ME

#10 Oct 8, 2008
abz wrote:
You don't have anything better to do? Get a life.
Just because one chooses to chat on a local blog about whatever does not mean they don't have a life. If you're new to town and looking for a good stylist what better way to get opinions?
So what are you doing on here? Guess you have nothing better to do. Apparently you have no life if we are to believe what you think.
P.S.
I'm blessed with a great life! But seems yours must not be that great since you seem to care about what others are doing and a bit pissed off.
Eyes Wide Open

Phillips, ME

#11 Oct 8, 2008
Fabulous peach wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I actually do hair at Shabangs so I was just curious to what people think about salons or stylists in town thats all..Its really good to know.Sorry that had happened to you there and your right if I had ever had a client that wanted just a little more trimmed or thinned I would just fit them into my schedule and not charge them more unless it was a whole different haircut..Shabangs is under new ownership and is going really well..So im really proud to work there and respect all hairstylists in town whether they work at Walmart or Shabangs!!
I figured as much.
So does Cherry no longer run Shabangs? It's nice to know you respect all stylist no matter where they work. I have been to shops where the stylist think they are God's gift to hair and anyone's lucky to be there. I have had just as good a hair cut at Wal Mart as the $50 a cut places. It's all about the stylist not the name on the door.

It's really the luck of the draw to find one you like. By the way, my husband goes to Hair Nails and Tan for 3 years and loves it. As for me I have been to almost every salon here and some in Jacksonville.(In search of the perfect cut.)I now go to Bruce at Wal Mart. He's good with a razor. I still end chopping at it myself but that's no matter who does it or what I pay.
abz

Virginia Beach, VA

#12 Oct 8, 2008
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because one chooses to chat on a local blog about whatever does not mean they don't have a life. If you're new to town and looking for a good stylist what better way to get opinions?
So what are you doing on here? Guess you have nothing better to do. Apparently you have no life if we are to believe what you think.
P.S.
I'm blessed with a great life! But seems yours must not be that great since you seem to care about what others are doing and a bit pissed off.
I didn't take this post as someone just wanting to chat. I'm sorry when you start a post asking about places like where you work, all you're looking for is gossip or if anyone is saying something bad about yourself or your coworkers. Otherwise you would start the post "I work at Shabangs and was wondering what people here think about them and other salons in the county" Not putting yourself out there as a citizen looking for advise on where to go for a good stylist. As far as my life goes it's great! It's just fun to see how easily people get spun up about nothing.
Eyes Wide Open

Phillips, ME

#13 Oct 8, 2008
abz wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't take this post as someone just wanting to chat. I'm sorry when you start a post asking about places like where you work, all you're looking for is gossip or if anyone is saying something bad about yourself or your coworkers. Otherwise you would start the post "I work at Shabangs and was wondering what people here think about them and other salons in the county" Not putting yourself out there as a citizen looking for advise on where to go for a good stylist. As far as my life goes it's great! It's just fun to see how easily people get spun up about nothing.
Seems to me you are the one who got spun honey.lol
If you could read you would see I didn't ask anyone about a salon. That was a different poster. Wow ,for someone with a great life you'd think you'd have more to do than troll a blog making comments on something you don't care about. For your information I don't work and I did not ask where anyone works. I did however ask if someone was still at someplace. Not for the sake of gossip just curious since it's under new managment. Gossip IS for those who don't have a life and like I said that's not me. Toodles

“Profile under contruction....”

Since: Sep 08

St. Marys

#14 Oct 8, 2008
abz wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't take this post as someone just wanting to chat. I'm sorry when you start a post asking about places like where you work, all you're looking for is gossip or if anyone is saying something bad about yourself or your coworkers. Otherwise you would start the post "I work at Shabangs and was wondering what people here think about them and other salons in the county" Not putting yourself out there as a citizen looking for advise on where to go for a good stylist. As far as my life goes it's great! It's just fun to see how easily people get spun up about nothing.
Wow!!Im not trying to get anyone spun up or create gossip or to hear if theres anything bad being said about me or my co-workers..Im very passionate about my career and its just nice to get some feedback from my community whether good or bad thats what this website is for right??No harm intended...But I just bothered by negative people that just have to attack you on here or correct you or judge you..Especially if your not even from the area that is being talked about..and im not going to get down to your level and tell you to get a life that's just not my style.

“Profile under contruction....”

Since: Sep 08

St. Marys

#15 Oct 8, 2008
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured as much.
So does Cherry no longer run Shabangs? It's nice to know you respect all stylist no matter where they work. I have been to shops where the stylist think they are God's gift to hair and anyone's lucky to be there. I have had just as good a hair cut at Wal Mart as the $50 a cut places. It's all about the stylist not the name on the door.
It's really the luck of the draw to find one you like. By the way, my husband goes to Hair Nails and Tan for 3 years and loves it. As for me I have been to almost every salon here and some in Jacksonville.(In search of the perfect cut.)I now go to Bruce at Wal Mart. He's good with a razor. I still end chopping at it myself but that's no matter who does it or what I pay.
Your right about the stylist and not the salon..The truth is we live in a small town and I know most of the hairstylist in town and I would never put down another stylist work..That's just not professional..but I was just curious thats all its nice to hear from locals..I dont know why some people get on hear to say things like get a life and dont even answer the question being asked just to be negative I guess??

“Profile under contruction....”

Since: Sep 08

St. Marys

#16 Oct 8, 2008
abz wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't take this post as someone just wanting to chat. I'm sorry when you start a post asking about places like where you work, all you're looking for is gossip or if anyone is saying something bad about yourself or your coworkers. Otherwise you would start the post "I work at Shabangs and was wondering what people here think about them and other salons in the county" Not putting yourself out there as a citizen looking for advise on where to go for a good stylist. As far as my life goes it's great! It's just fun to see how easily people get spun up about nothing.
Honestly your comment shouldnt of even got a response out of me since you think its fun to get people spun up when your the only one that was being negative and didnt even answer the topic in the first place..Booooo....
Eyes Wide Open

Phillips, ME

#17 Oct 9, 2008
Fabulous peach wrote:
<quoted text> Your right about the stylist and not the salon..The truth is we live in a small town and I know most of the hairstylist in town and I would never put down another stylist work..That's just not professional..but I was just curious thats all its nice to hear from locals..I dont know why some people get on hear to say things like get a life and dont even answer the question being asked just to be negative I guess??
Unfortunately there's one in every group. You sound like a great person that I would like to have do my hair and chat with.

Have a fabulous day!
no name

Norridgewock, ME

#18 Jan 8, 2009
SALON ELAPAR
hairy situation

Norridgewock, ME

#19 Jan 22, 2009
If Shebangs/shabangs is under NEW ownership..I suggest you change the name cuz I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE!!!! EVER!!!!
I spent over $100 bucks for cut and color they gave me a very inexperience person who completely screwed up my color/hair...I had to go up north to a hair school for them to fix..& basically let it 'grow out'....I was originally told up front $40..then because she screwed up on mixing the color some how it ended up being more than double....I was a NEW client and they treated me like crap....I liked their facial person and stuck with her for another time after they moved from Saturday Park, went to that 'special' opening thing they had and got COMPLETELY turned OFF more from them.....it makes me ILL just to pass by there.....WORST 'HAIR' EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!
Kat

Knoxville, TN

#20 Jan 26, 2009
no name wrote:
SALON ELAPAR
I go there as well. Jill used to cut my hair when she was at Shabangs and I followed her to her own salon. My hair is baby fine and wimpy so styling it is tricky; she's been the only stylist that I've ever had that could actually make it look like more than it is!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump joins Hitler, Stalin and Putin 23 min Notanon 4
Trumpworld is an embarrassment 26 min bill 9
Trump's EPA Pick Spooks Liberals and the Enviro... 28 min patriot 2
North Dakota Pipeline must be diverted! 13 hr building7 16
Weather Channel educates Republicans 23 hr NFL Guy 4
Laura Adams is a snitch wearing a wire (Aug '15) Tue Smiley 4
City of St.M needs to get out of the real estat... Tue Know your purpose 13

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages