Borrell Creek Restaurant

Borrell Creek Restaurant

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Slowly sinking

Kingsland, GA

#1 May 19, 2013
Has anyone been to Borrell Creek Restaurant lately? I was appalled at all the changes: Smoke-infested outside deck area, loud red-neck profanity language, headache pounding band music and lack of professional hostess and wait staff service not to mention the lack of warmth in our entrees. What is going on there?!? I was told by the waitress that Mrs. Wong is no longer in charge. She has turned over the restaurant management to her son. I'd say this is a very serious bad mistake in her judgement. I haven't been there in ages but went with some friends and we were all appalled at the drastic and terrible changes that have taken place. Has anyone else experienced similar reaction to their visit there?!? Well, just must say that we will NOT be back to that establishment again. Who would have guessed our Borrell Creek Landing Restaurant would turn into a redneck bar hangout???? What a shame! I'm guessing we will visit Amelia Island in the future for our evening dinners.
NY Retiree

Kingsland, GA

#2 May 19, 2013
I agree 100%! Slowing spinning out of control.
NY Retiree

Kingsland, GA

#3 May 19, 2013
Gotta side with you guys. What a waste.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#4 May 19, 2013
Wife & I were there for Mothers Day. Mrs Wong was not there but service & meal were excellent. We were not excited about walking "The Gauntlet." This was here when Mrs Wong was present previously. We decided that in he future, we would use the first (bar) entrance. We like Millhouse but it is so noisy. Not many local choices for dinner.

“Make St. Marys great again! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#5 May 19, 2013
Slowly sinking wrote:
Has anyone been to Borrell Creek Restaurant lately? I was appalled at all the changes: Smoke-infested outside deck area, loud red-neck profanity language, headache pounding band music and lack of professional hostess and wait staff service not to mention the lack of warmth in our entrees. What is going on there?!? I was told by the waitress that Mrs. Wong is no longer in charge. She has turned over the restaurant management to her son. I'd say this is a very serious bad mistake in her judgement. I haven't been there in ages but went with some friends and we were all appalled at the drastic and terrible changes that have taken place. Has anyone else experienced similar reaction to their visit there?!? Well, just must say that we will NOT be back to that establishment again. Who would have guessed our Borrell Creek Landing Restaurant would turn into a redneck bar hangout???? What a shame! I'm guessing we will visit Amelia Island in the future for our evening dinners.
Save your gas! Amelia quality chef prepared cuisine has arrived in St. Marys! Sorry you have not heard.

Borrell Creek NEVER could hold a candle to this place!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/st-marys-ga/T...

“Make St. Marys great again! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#6 May 19, 2013
Now, check out their colorful Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bistro-Bre...
Tommy Miller

Saint Marys, GA

#7 May 19, 2013
Beech Street Grill had some of the best food in the area it to have closed.

Don't see this one making it either.
Tommy Miller

Saint Marys, GA

#8 May 19, 2013
Up scale restaurants one or two may make it just not in St. Marys. St. Marys has to many people that can not afford it.

“Make St. Marys great again! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#9 May 19, 2013
Tommy Miller wrote:
Beech Street Grill had some of the best food in the area it to have closed.
Don't see this one making it either.
Where/when was that?

More and more Covites are discovering Bistro & Brew. A party of four of them, all with North East accents, were right next to me Saturday night. They were oohing and aahing over the food.

While I was there, an upscale Black couple came in and said they had heard nothing but good things about the place and had been meaning to come for some time. They too were oohing and aahing when the food arrived.

If they are sufficiently capitalized to survive until word-of-mouth gets around among those who appreciate excellent, chef-prepared cuisine, they will do quite well.

Based upon my personal experiences at B&B, I would say there is a 95+% chance that all who have posted negatively about their experiences are simply lying.

“Make St. Marys great again! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#10 May 19, 2013
By the way, anyone who could afford Borrell Creek can easily afford Bistro & Brew.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#11 May 19, 2013
See also Olfactory Torture comment under Culinary Coup thread.
Borrell Creek Gator

Mcdonough, GA

#12 May 19, 2013
Borrell Creek once had a wonderful reputation. Now that Alfred is running the place, it has just become a hangout for the wings, beer and loud music crowd. You can't even carry on a conversation with others at your table in the dining room because of the loud bands outside. The shouting, cigarette smoke, and profanity of the drunks along with the loud bands has made the restaurant a nuisance in the area.

Alfred has a terrible reputation around town. Ask anyone who has anything to do with Lang's Restaurant.

Alfred thinks that he is going to turn Borrell Creel Restaurant into Outer Banks East. He is bringing in bands 4 days a week and is making life miserable for people living nearby.

Enjoy it while you can, Alfred. The end is near.
Non racist

Kingsland, GA

#13 May 19, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
By the way, anyone who could afford Borrell Creek can easily afford Bistro & Brew.
Really, an upscale black couple? How about just, " another couple"? And, saying that they were "upscale" leads me to believe you think of black people, generally, as low class. Any way you look at this comment, it is racist!
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#14 May 20, 2013
Non racist wrote:
<quoted text>Really, an upscale black couple? How about just, " another couple"? And, saying that they were "upscale" leads me to believe you think of black people, generally, as low class. Any way you look at this comment, it is racist!
Paranoid much? Watch for commies.

“Make St. Marys great again! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#15 May 20, 2013
Unfortunately, the majority of Blacks in America are indeed "low class." And a large subset of that faction are downright degenerate, savages.

That was not the case before your Lib forbears rallied to support LBJ's "Great Society."

Fools like you are the problem.

People like me - who speak the truth and vote - are the beginning of the solution.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#16 May 20, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Unfortunately, the majority of Blacks in America are indeed "low class." And a large subset of that faction are downright degenerate, savages.
That was not the case before your Lib forbears rallied to support LBJ's "Great Society."
Fools like you are the problem.
People like me - who speak the truth and vote - are the beginning of the solution.
I'm sure no one has every referred to you as 'upscale'.
Times

Saint Marys, GA

#17 May 20, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Unfortunately, the majority of Blacks in America are indeed "low class." And a large subset of that faction are downright degenerate, savages.
That was not the case before your Lib forbears rallied to support LBJ's "Great Society."
Fools like you are the problem.
People like me - who speak the truth and vote - are the beginning of the solution.
You need to retract that statement.

“Make St. Marys great again! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#18 May 20, 2013
Times wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to retract that statement.
Why?

It is absolutely, demonstrably, observably, and undeniably true.

You can't handle the truth.

Tough.
Fuzzy

Mcdonough, GA

#19 May 20, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
It is absolutely, demonstrably, observably, and undeniably true.
You can't handle the truth.
Tough.
Moreno hijacks every discussion. And some wonder why he is held in such disdain.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#20 May 20, 2013
Low income does not equal "lower class."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Other Peoples Money 11 min Klown Keene 1
This Weeks County Clown - Commissioner Keen 1 hr I believe in you 21
Democrats see danger signs in states where Clin... 3 hr LonePalm 2
St Marys Event Planner...NOT 3 hr Citizen Cain 121
Trump is not the victim: The rightÂ’s spin as vi... 4 hr LonePalm 2
Brunswick Trump HQ Grand Opening 5 hr Moreno Jay 4
Dem who opposed welfare fraud measure indicted ... 5 hr LonePalm 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages