Cathy Kloess

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2 Dec 3, 2012
If the Navy is worried about 4 skydivers who do not go near the Prohibited area what are they going to do against a single airplane dropping someone they don't know into the Nuclear area of the submarine base? If we really are a threat (I am pretty sure that we are not) why would we allow the base to have Nukes so close to civilians if they are not capable of controlling the Nukes.

How much airspace do they need?

How much airspace will they ask for?

If the Navy occupied another country and took away the livelihood of people on another countries soil compensation would be offered.

This is what the Stanford's have been promised and what the Navy is trying to do for them.

We live in a country where the military is required to allow us to utilize the facilities that our tax dollars have paid for.

Since the Navy would like the Airfield only for their personal use they should pay for it. Then they should reimburse the city for lost revenue that The Jumping Place demonstrated an airport can bring to the City.

I of course value the Airport and the Asset to the City that it should be.

We brought nearly 1/4 th of the inhabitants of the City every year as visitors. This is one facet of aviation and was done in a very hostile environment.

If they could just find someone to run the airport that could see the potential instead of trying to take yet another asset from the community...
Really

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Dec 3, 2012
Maybe they should have shot the uninvited guests as per rules of engagement. I know they wouldn’t be happy if they did land in an actual exclusion zone where the Marines can use deadly force. I am certain that the Navy base was here way before the jumping place. You say that you brought 1/4th of the inhabitants of the city every year as visitors? That doesn't even make sense. But, if you are implying that you brought 1/4th of the visitors to St Marys, get real. Not a chance you brought in 25% of the visitors....
George

United States

#4 Dec 3, 2012
I am all for leaving the Airport alone as well as Sky Divers as long as everyone leaves the Sailors and Marines and Civilian Gaurds alone when they use justified force for all infractions that occur. Hint Hint There will be alot of DEAD and or crippled idiots. Cathy Kloess you have no Idea what you are talking about.
whateva

Japan

#5 Dec 3, 2012
I have seen some really dumb stuff on here before, but this takes the cake.

"We live in a country where the military is required to allow us to utilize the facilities that our tax dollars have paid for."

Is that in the Bill of Rights? Do you contend that you should have use of the base as your LZ simply because you refuse to comply with the FAA's Flight Restriction? Maybe next time you will get your wish and you will see how well those Marines protect those nuclear weapons when you have two less skydivers. Careful what you wish for!
George

United States

#6 Dec 3, 2012
whateva wrote:
I have seen some really dumb stuff on here before, but this takes the cake.
"We live in a country where the military is required to allow us to utilize the facilities that our tax dollars have paid for."
Is that in the Bill of Rights? Do you contend that you should have use of the base as your LZ simply because you refuse to comply with the FAA's Flight Restriction? Maybe next time you will get your wish and you will see how well those Marines protect those nuclear weapons when you have two less skydivers. Careful what you wish for!
There is alot more than skydivers going on here. I had more than 12 years in the Nuclear Weapon Security on that Base. I wouldnt want too nor will I explain the things that has happened, almost happened or possible could happen. I have no gain or loss in the Airport moving but in my humble Opinon and experance it needs to move.
on the take

Kingsland, GA

#7 Dec 3, 2012
George if you pay taxes you will have alot to lose.
I say let them jump but if they go over the fence line its fair game to have target pratice for the marines.

Since: Dec 11

Herndon, PA

#8 Dec 3, 2012
1.I do not want the airport to be moved.

2.My wife and I enjoyed watching the skydivers do their thing from our back yard for years.

3.There have been too many incursions into the base by skydivers. They were warned and the breaches continued. The owner of the Jumping Place has proven that she cannot prevent the skydivers from landing on the base. The Jumping Place needs to find another jumping place. The owner of the Jumping Place needs to shut her mouth and move on.
Jeff

Herndon, PA

#9 Dec 4, 2012
I want the airport moved I hate the sound of those planes flying over my house all the time and those jets taking off are really loud, almost as bad as those summarines warming up their engines before they go out in the water and sink so that the sailors can hide while they fornicate with each other.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#10 Dec 4, 2012
Nan-zilla wrote:
1.I do not want the airport to be moved.
2.My wife and I enjoyed watching the skydivers do their thing from our back yard for years.
3.There have been too many incursions into the base by skydivers. They were warned and the breaches continued. The owner of the Jumping Place has proven that she cannot prevent the skydivers from landing on the base. The Jumping Place needs to find another jumping place. The owner of the Jumping Place needs to shut her mouth and move on.
So Nan, you a lezbo?
O Bama

Herndon, PA

#11 Dec 4, 2012
Nan is a farked up old dude in st marys picking on a women who plays at being a politico and he does not have the balls to confront her to her face.

Since: Dec 11

Herndon, PA

#12 Dec 4, 2012
O Bama wrote:
Nan is a farked up old dude in st marys picking on a women who plays at being a politico and he does not have the balls to confront her to her face.
Sorry to burst your bubble, numb nuts. My computer was rendered OOC by a momentary power outage last week. It is being repaired (new mother board and CPU) as I type. I use another registered user name on my computer. I am using my better half's computer and failed to log her out of her user name before I made my comment. But if it gives you a thrill up your leg to really think what you posted, have at it. Nan and I enjoy commenting on the dysfunction displayed by our elected city officials and posted on this site on a regular basis.
AUC

Since: May 10

Atlanta, GA

#13 Dec 4, 2012
Toix ... what hapenedto post 1?
AUC

Since: May 10

Atlanta, GA

#14 Dec 4, 2012
Toix = Topix

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#15 Dec 4, 2012
The St. Marys airport has and never will be a danger to the Naval Sub Base.
If the commander on base says it is, then this person should be removed, for that commander is likely a greater threat to base safety.
It is simply a silly argument to try and make a case, especially when suggesting to open a new airport only a few miles away. It just doesn't make sense.
If small airports are truly a threat to this base you'd have to argue closing a slew of them from Glynn County to Nassau County Florida or farther!
More than likely,Sea Island and other investors want an airport closer to their interests because they see the asset of it. Plain and simple.
As for recreational sky divers, please, can't someone come up with a better excuse. The airport hauled in a lot of illegal marijuana back in the seventies. Could this be another interest for the Sea Island ilk interests?
With the kind of arguments attempting to be made, I suppose we should close down Mexico sense it's such a threat to the United States!(here I jest)
That airport is no threat to the base.
And, I do, know what I'm talking about.

Although, a desperate 'false flag' attempt to cause any doubt by the the thieving ilk, would not be a surprise. I'm sure this is not a new idea to them.
SDC

Valdosta, GA

#16 Dec 4, 2012
HMMMM...in Lowdnes County the local airport is pretty close to the Moody Air Base. Interesting.
whateva

Japan

#18 Dec 4, 2012
building7 wrote:
The St. Marys airport has and never will be a danger to the Naval Sub Base.
If the commander on base says it is, then this person should be removed, for that commander is likely a greater threat to base safety.
It is simply a silly argument to try and make a case, especially when suggesting to open a new airport only a few miles away. It just doesn't make sense.
If small airports are truly a threat to this base you'd have to argue closing a slew of them from Glynn County to Nassau County Florida or farther!
More than likely,Sea Island and other investors want an airport closer to their interests because they see the asset of it. Plain and simple.
As for recreational sky divers, please, can't someone come up with a better excuse. The airport hauled in a lot of illegal marijuana back in the seventies. Could this be another interest for the Sea Island ilk interests?
With the kind of arguments attempting to be made, I suppose we should close down Mexico sense it's such a threat to the United States!(here I jest)
That airport is no threat to the base.
And, I do, know what I'm talking about.

Although, a desperate 'false flag' attempt to cause any doubt by the the thieving ilk, would not be a surprise. I'm sure this is not a new idea to them.
Was English your second language? You write as if you are fresh off the boat. Anyhow, welcome to America.
on the take

Kingsland, GA

#19 Dec 4, 2012
whateva wrote:
<quoted text>
Was English your second language? You write as if you are fresh off the boat. Anyhow, welcome to America.
If you did not understand what they were saying you may need to get on a boat head back north

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20 Dec 4, 2012
I heard today that J. Stanford and C. Kloess were brother and sister. I also heard that they haven't gotten along since they were teenagers.

I said BS until it was pointed out that they actually look like each other. The fact that they are both pilots was also mentioned.

Cathy, say it ain't so!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President's Christmas message to America 11 min NFL Guy 1
TDS TV service? (Mar '13) 11 hr Jolly Roger 16
Republicans exonerate everyone on Benghazi 14 hr abm22 34
Merry Christmas from the Family 15 hr Nancy 15
merry christmas and happy new year 15 hr Nancy 7
Germany to investigate Bush/Cheney torture 16 hr anon 12
And so it starts.............. 19 hr Really 26
St. Marys Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web