Since: Aug 09

United States

#1 Dec 5, 2009
Today I was looking through the recent opinion articles on the Tribune's website, and one caught my eye dealing with shopping locally in Camden. I personally would be all for it if Camden had anything to offer, but as it stands now for "major" shopping or holiday buying we are not left with many options unless of course you want to buy everything at Walmart, Kmart, Belk, or Bealls. I do not for the life of me understand why everyone is putting on such a fuss over KIC when there is nothing here. Opinions, thoughts, I would enjoy hearing others views.
Me Too

Madison, WI

#2 Dec 5, 2009
I agree. While I love living in Camden, the shopping leaves quite a bit to be desired.
I actually did go to Belk, Walmart and Kmart last night and they had nothing I was looking for. I went to the shopping area at Duval/Airport road in Jacksonville today. Had a great lunch at Olive Garden plus found every thing I was looking for and more! You have to offer something in order for people to KIIC

United States

#3 Dec 5, 2009
I actually did the same last night, looking for shirts for family pictures, Didn't find a whole lot.
carla

Madison, WI

#4 Dec 5, 2009
have you tryed the new coffee shop if not you should...
GA Gal

Madison, WI

#5 Dec 5, 2009
We tried to keep it in Camden while Christmas tree shopping. But sadly we could not. The lots were way overpriced and Lowes was out of the size we needed. So we went to Jacksonville and I was able to find exactly what I wanted at the first stop reasonably priced.

United States

#6 Dec 7, 2009
carla wrote:
have you tryed the new coffee shop if not you should...
While I appreciate the advertising plug on my post about shopping, I am not sure I would consider going to a coffee shop shopping. There are really no major purchases you can make there and unless I am in the area I do not go out of my way to get coffee.
pops

Gainesville, GA

#7 Dec 7, 2009
I asked in a fishing report about the motel close to the boat ramp? What about any type of camping and small grocery store around woodbine and any where to eat? Me and and friends and sometimes wifes would like to make our fishing trips down there into whole weekends. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 8 min ChicknButt 55,503
Robot with “morals” makes surprisingly deadly d... 42 min LonePalm Sux 5
St. Marys meatier matters. 1 hr Quest 4
Woodbine needs to Pay for Police and Fire prtec... 1 hr Calling out the Liar 17
"French" it ain't. 5 hr LonePalm 14
US Troops Do not want to go to Ebola Africa 6 hr Isolation 10
SMPD Five New Police Trucks 12 hr RNeck 11
•••
•••
•••

St. Marys Jobs

•••
•••