Camden County Business Death Watch
Hot Shot

Kingsland, GA

#1609 Jun 25, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
My understanding is that CHEF Victoria is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America.
http://www.ciachef.edu/
I have no trouble believing that.
I'll guarandamntee you she did not learn to bake by whipping up Betty Crocker cakes mixes.
I believe that the attacks are lies based upon:
A: Allegiance to certain competitors who are threatened.
B: A pathological hatred of ME.
C. A bizarre group of locals who take great delight in seeing non-Union entrepreneurs fail.
Your understanding is incorrect. She did not receive formal training. Nearly everyone recognizes her baking skills.

Her general cooking skills, I think are good. I don't think she is good at multi-tasking. Also I don't think her staff can handle a full house. She has shortcomings which contribute to the inconsistency. And she cannot manage the supply side of running a restaurant. She is too frequently out of stuff.

I have been there a total of 3 times. Twice very good. Once very bad, and that time the place was 3/4 full.

You think everything is based on hatred for you. The truth is no one gives a shit about you. Jay Moreno - the persecuted narcissist, you are one sick some beach.
Real Simple

Saint Marys, GA

#1610 Jun 25, 2013
I have no personal relationship with these people.

This is purely an observation that their business model (advertising, kitchen management, location) are the ingredient that always results in failure.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#1611 Jun 25, 2013
But clearly, you ARE hoping they fail. Why?

St. Marys, GA

#1612 Jun 25, 2013
Hot Shot wrote:
<quoted text>
Your understanding is incorrect. She did not receive formal training. Nearly everyone recognizes her baking skills.
Her general cooking skills, I think are good. I don't think she is good at multi-tasking. Also I don't think her staff can handle a full house. She has shortcomings which contribute to the inconsistency. And she cannot manage the supply side of running a restaurant. She is too frequently out of stuff.
I have been there a total of 3 times. Twice very good. Once very bad, and that time the place was 3/4 full.
You think everything is based on hatred for you. The truth is no one gives a shit about you. Jay Moreno - the persecuted narcissist, you are one sick some beach.
If you will talk with her about her supply chain, you will understand why. She orders from a new, gourmet division of a major food supplier. The new division is still working out some bugs, apparently. However, the quality is worth the wait.

St. Marys, GA

#1613 Jun 25, 2013
Hot Shot wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you tell anyone about the two times it was very good? Of course not, because you are just one more bastard who hopes they fail. Why?

St. Marys, GA

#1614 Jun 25, 2013
And how do you know that she did NOT receive formal training.

Do you really think some local (she is local) good ol' gal could bake like that with no training?

Why are you deliberately screwing with this woman?
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#1615 Jun 25, 2013
Orca in downtown St Marys is gone.
Real Simple

Saint Marys, GA

#1616 Jun 25, 2013
"However, the quality is worth the wait" if I was ordering from Amazon yes, an up and running restaurant no.

Call me old fashion but relying on facebook and cardboard signs for advertising won't get the job done.

Try posting a full menu with prices in the paper or a dedicated web page. We all understand specials change daily but the bulk remains the same.

By the way Moron if their here or gone tomorrow it won't make any difference in my life. Were talking about food, only frigging food fat man.

St. Marys, GA

#1617 Jun 25, 2013
anon wrote:
Orca in downtown St Marys is gone.
Never knew it was there. What was it, a whale sushi joint?

St. Marys, GA

#1618 Jun 25, 2013
Okay, a-holes, a large dolphin sushi joint.
Six Wheeled Sloth

Kingsland, GA

#1619 Jun 25, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you tell anyone about the two times it was very good? Of course not, because you are just one more bastard who hopes they fail. Why?
I didn't tell anyone it was bad until I saw your swooning reviews telling everyone over and over again how outstanding they are. They are inconsistent.

As far as the gourmet supplier goes, don't tell me 10 minutes after I order that you are out of friggin bacon for a BLT. I couldn't care less if the bacon is uncured, cired, Hormel, Harveys, or Walmart brand. Bacon is bacon, especially when it is combined with tomato, mayo, lettuce and whatever else she puts with it. It wouldn't make a dick-o-difference. She gets much worse marks from serving the entrees 10 minutes after the others at the table have been served than if she occasionally puts cured bacon in her BLT. I eat cured bacon at home for Gawd's sake.

Victoria has her priorities out of whack.

As far as her "formal" training is concerned, we asked both Victoria and Linda during one of the good meals where Victoria attended culinary school and all we heard was all of the different places she lived. Both of them talked all around the question and never answered it.

St. Marys, GA

#1620 Jun 25, 2013
I was told by the owners that they had applied for a wine and beer license.

I was told by a customer whom I trust that she was told by Victoria that she was a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America.

I repeated what I was told.

Anyone who believes this woman has acquired all of her obvious culinary skills with no training is a fool or a deliberate liar.
Six Wheeled Sloth

Kingsland, GA

#1621 Jun 25, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
I was told by a customer whom I trust that she was told by Victoria that she was a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America.
Anyone who believes this woman has acquired all of her obvious culinary skills with no training is a fool or a deliberate liar.
She had every opportunity to tell me(us) when she was asked where she was trained when we were complimenting her on her food. She did not mention any formal training. If you were not Camden County's most notorious liar and fool, I would take offense to your calling me one.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#1622 Jun 25, 2013
Six Wheeled Sloth wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't tell anyone it was bad until I saw your swooning reviews telling everyone over and over again how outstanding they are. They are inconsistent.
As far as the gourmet supplier goes, don't tell me 10 minutes after I order that you are out of friggin bacon for a BLT. it.
Boggle. I'm not doubting you, but how in the frack do you run out of bacon? Highly perishable items, particularly fish, I can understand. Bacon, stored at the proper temperature has a shelf life of what, a couple of months? If it starts to get old, you fry it up and serve it as a garnish on baked potato, salads, soups, etc.

Chef Ramsey needs to schedule an intervention.
Jabba Watcher

Brunswick, GA

#1623 Jun 25, 2013
Kinda funny, Jabba, that you find yourself defending B&B in the Camden County Business Death Watch thread.

Karma?
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#1624 Jul 2, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Either the owners were lying to you or you are lying to us. Either way, it's just not possible to believe your sugar-coated reports.
Jayson

Kingsland, GA

#1625 Jul 2, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Either the owners were lying to you or you are lying to us. Either way, it's just not possible to believe your sugar-coated reports.
B&B hasn't applied for their alcohol license yet because they don't have the money to apply for the license. Case closed.

I had some onion soup on Sunday at Panera Bread at River City that put B&B's onion soup to shame.

St. Marys, GA

#1626 Jul 3, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that when a restaurant sucks and I say so, you A-holes immediately sing its praises. When I discover and report on a good one, you lying bastards attack it mercilessly.

You people are really sick.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#1627 Jul 3, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that when a restaurant sucks and I say so, you A-holes immediately sing its praises. When I discover and report on a good one, you lying bastards attack it mercilessly.
I did not say anything about the quality of the food or service of any restaurant. You, and you alone, reported that an establishment applied for a wine and beer license. They had not applied at the time you so reported. I am accusing you of false reporting; in other words, I'm calling you a liar.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#1628 Jul 3, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! The genius is right and everyone else is wrong. Me included.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump on preventing mass shootings: 'we're goin... 3 min patriot 6
Another week and more charges by Mueller 11 min patriot 4
Wow, actual coward calling cop a coward 16 min patriot 5
Arm teachers? 15 hr The Power Game 16
Local Swamp 16 hr Stomach Ache 8
More good news for Dems & America Feb 21 Mary 3
Survey Says Feb 20 LonePalm 5

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance