#1548 Apr 10, 2013
Sorry entertainment complex.
AUC

Since: May 10

Atlanta, GA

#1549 Apr 10, 2013
just asking wrote:
When did sterling seafood close ?
They are allways closed on Monday. I passed yesterday, Tuesday, and the sign said "OPEN"

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#1550 Apr 11, 2013
just asking wrote:
Anymore word on the amusement park at exit 3 or 6?
Exit 3, south of Hwy 40 and west of but bordering I-95 S.

No word.
Really

Kingsland, GA

#1551 Apr 11, 2013
Why waste time with simulator rides to the moon when space cadet Davy has the real thing in his back pocket.
just asking

Kingsland, GA

#1552 Apr 11, 2013
AUC wrote:
<quoted text>
They are allways closed on Monday. I passed yesterday, Tuesday, and the sign said "OPEN"
that's good hate to see them go.
just telling

Saint Marys, GA

#1553 Apr 11, 2013
Exit 3 two hotels closed one back of Starters and the other back of the original Waffle house that is also closed and has signs saying remodeling. The Three story across the street for it has very little business it sets behind the Dairy Queen.
just telling

Saint Marys, GA

#1554 Apr 11, 2013
And they are talking about building more hotels ? You would think we are going to have a space port here where they launch satellites that is going to draw tourist to the area.
just telling

Saint Marys, GA

#1555 Apr 11, 2013
Don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch.
El Potro

Saint Marys, GA

#1556 May 1, 2013
Just how many long before this sequestration going to take anyway ?
Just the Facts

Kingsland, GA

#1557 May 1, 2013
El Portro tried to move their operation into the old Shonny's building but couldn't reach an agreement.

Anything operating in St. Marys is on thin ice due to overhead. Anything east of Spur 40 is dead the few remaining just don't realize it yet.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#1558 May 1, 2013
It's actually El Potro ("The Stallion.")

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#1559 May 1, 2013
just asking wrote:
<quoted text> that's good hate to see them go.
Hold on. Their truck is for sale and they surely looked closed yesterday - Tuesday.
Just the Facts

Kingsland, GA

#1560 May 1, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on. Their truck is for sale and they surely looked closed yesterday - Tuesday.
They are closed. Some staff moved to the Yulee resteraunt and I hear Mi Casa also.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#1561 May 1, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
It's actually El Potro ("The Stallion.")
Horsemeat? I thought they were serving el gato.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#1562 May 1, 2013
Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
They are closed. Some staff moved to the Yulee resteraunt and I hear Mi Casa also.
Sorry I confused you. I was referring to Sterling Seafood. THEIR reefer truck is for sale and they were closed Tuesday when I drove by.

Has Mi Casa left? Their food struck me as quasi-authentic Mexican at best. To many young trendoid, barfly, smelly smokers there for my liking.
Just the Facts

Kingsland, GA

#1563 May 1, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I confused you. I was referring to Sterling Seafood. THEIR reefer truck is for sale and they were closed Tuesday when I drove by.
Has Mi Casa left? Their food struck me as quasi-authentic Mexican at best. To many young trendoid, barfly, smelly smokers there for my liking.
Never understood why Lang never opened a local seafood market downtown. I guess that's why he runs a successful business while others fail.
Cooler

Saint Marys, GA

#1564 May 1, 2013
Nothing is working around Camden these days. A narrow line around the Interstate may be making it. Even there little cracks are showing. Sequestration is taking hold even though it has not officially hit. Most people have gone into survival mode and have quiet going out. The businesses are losing faster and faster what resources they have left. The expected worst of times to hit once school is out. June, July, and august will be the proof of the pudding. Maybe we should all shut down our homes and leave for the summer. Come back once the area settles down. If you have family in other areas this will be the summer to visit your home where ever that may be.
Really

Kingsland, GA

#1565 May 1, 2013
Cooler wrote:
Nothing is working around Camden these days. A narrow line around the Interstate may be making it. Even there little cracks are showing. Sequestration is taking hold even though it has not officially hit. Most people have gone into survival mode and have quiet going out. The businesses are losing faster and faster what resources they have left. The expected worst of times to hit once school is out. June, July, and august will be the proof of the pudding. Maybe we should all shut down our homes and leave for the summer. Come back once the area settles down. If you have family in other areas this will be the summer to visit your home where ever that may be.
Just travel to Nassau or Glynn counties. They have turned their economies around doing it without a Submarine Base of nearly 20 thousand folks. The civilian employment of Camden County is none existent. Thanks JDA.
Old News

Woodbine, GA

#1566 May 1, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Just travel to Nassau or Glynn counties. They have turned their economies around doing it without a Submarine Base of nearly 20 thousand folks. The civilian employment of Camden County is none existent. Thanks JDA.
How can that be?? Jay LOVES the JDA, and thinks they are doing a GREAT job. You sir are a lying piece of trash!!!
Carl

Orlando, FL

#1567 May 1, 2013
Talk to most small business owners like myself and you will find out thst businesses are picking up. My business is actually better than it has been in years. And, I hear the same from others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of St. Marys 23 min Jorge 3
Public not interested in district voting 53 min Poor Jay 24
JDA vs Private Business 1 hr AntiBS 7
St Marys Employess Christmas Bonus 1 hr The Odds Gal 4
Bush pulls Prez trigger, Democrats cheer! 21 hr Dr_Lecter 18
Great job, Mr. President, great job! 23 hr Lenny 18
Republicans exonerate everyone on Benghazi Thu Dr_Lecter 22
St. Marys Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web