concerned

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Kite and Key Wiring has always done a great job in our business and home. The owners name is Bob and he is very knowledgable.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Thank you.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
Now that I've answered the a-hole, attention decent folks:who would you recommend to install a water heater timer for me?
This is a relstively simple job (3-4 color-coded wires in 3-4 out) that most homeowners can handle with all parts readily available at Lowes. I've installed 2 at my current home as well as prior homes. Let us know if you can't get someone to do the job.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Yes, I have all the parts, but I can't do it seated in a wheelchair.

Not a high priority.
What did he Say

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Call Misty and use your managerial technoiques on her again.
Mr Townie

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

The guy from Kite and Key helped me decide to NEVER HIRE FROM CAMDEN COUNTY when needing anything for my home again.

He will waste your time looking at your project and then put you on the back burner if there is a more interesting project that comes up after you.

AND he openly bashes his competitors. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

To this day, I praise and refer people to my electrician from Brunswick.
Zakuska

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

You need to drink a shot, and stop beating dead horses. You are the one Mr. Townie that is out of line.
What did he say

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Zakuska wrote:
You need to drink a shot, and stop beating dead horses. You are the one Mr. Townie that is out of line.
Zak, your an idiot. This is exactly the place to express opinions on local business.
Jorge

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Camden has no monopoly on poor service. When I needed a repair on some specialty equipment, the Brunswick guy said (paraphrased) "screw you, you didn't buy it from me." I did call him to purchase the equipment originally but he never returned my call. More recently I called the Jacksonville guy recommended by the mfr and after 3 calls he returned the calls but blew me off repeatedly with "manana." After a friend & I fixed it ourselves, he calls back to schedule. Similarly, after consistent repeated screwups by Bennett in attempting to buy a truck (I ended up buying in B'wick),get service, & minor body repair, I went to Ron Anderson. They did not prove much better so I do oil changes at Walmart & everything else in Jax. Talk to friends & neighbors, they can steer you to good guys in Camden. I was happy with Jeff Goldy for general home repairs/gutter work.
AUC

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Jorge wrote:
Camden has no monopoly on poor service. When I needed a repair on some specialty equipment, the Brunswick guy said (paraphrased) "screw you, you didn't buy it from me."
I got the same answer at the Stihl shop located at the end of Point Peter Rd. when I ask him to check out / repair my gas blower.
bizzy bea

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

CamdenPride wrote:
Thanks for your reply, my point is the high taxes create high rent for these businesses making it impossible for a a mom and pop sized store to survive.
What the hell has happened here in ST Marys? I once toyed with openingmy own business but with rental rates of $2-3 per sq ft who the hell would open a business?
I seem to remember that rent was cheap and businesses flourished until that real estate Pimp Bill Gross and his buddy Terry Stover got the brilliant idea to open Cumberland Harbor and invite HGTV here.
Now look what we have progress but at what cost? We have sold our soul to the rich northerners and west coast elite and the average joe cannot afford to live here anymore. Neither can small business.
It is not the rents that forced businesses to close. It is the locals that can't relate to intellectual culture or the epicure. Don't blame the Northerners for businesses not flourishing. Why on Earth would any company want to open a business here or the surrounding areas! Unless of course, it's another BBQ joint, pawn shop, or chain restaurant.
The one and only Jaymor

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Mr Townie wrote:
The guy from Kite and Key helped me decide to NEVER HIRE FROM CAMDEN COUNTY when needing anything for my home again.
He will waste your time looking at your project and then put you on the back burner if there is a more interesting project that comes up after you.
AND he openly bashes his competitors. Very unprofessional in my opinion.
To this day, I praise and refer people to my electrician from Brunswick.
I'm pretty sure that's the one where I called left a message with the wife (not the answering machine.) Never heard back.
I wonder if there is not a niche for a retiree with a license to do nothing but small electrical jobs for homeowners? The guys who wire new construction clearly don't want to be bothered and the part timers know you have nowhere else to go so the service sucks.
How many hoops would an ET have to jump through to get a license?

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, damn it, you just can't find good pickled hummingbird tongue in cream sauce over angle hair pasta served with a vintage cabernet in an intellectuallly charged ambiance anywhere in this county!

Does that suck or what!?
Jorge

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

bizzy bea wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the rents that forced businesses to close. It is the locals that can't relate to intellectual culture or the epicure. Don't blame the Northerners for businesses not flourishing. Why on Earth would any company want to open a business here or the surrounding areas! Unless of course, it's another BBQ joint, pawn shop, or chain restaurant.
It's not the locals; it's the genius business owner that has an idea unsupported by facts. e.g. what are the local demographics? Bretts in Fernandina is a great restaurant, but you can't get out the door for less than $100. How would that play in Camden? How about a 5th Ave/Rodeo Dr boutique? Is there a business plan? Enough cash to make payroll when times are slow? You have to play to your audience.
pork chop

Dornsife, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Moreno Jay wrote:
Yeah, damn it, you just can't find good pickled hummingbird tongue in cream sauce over angle hair pasta served with a vintage cabernet in an intellectuallly charged ambiance anywhere in this county!
Does that suck or what!?
What is ANGEL hair pasta? Is it shaped like long "L's"?

Don't want to go into the 3 L's. Damn.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

AUC wrote:
<quoted text>
I got the same answer at the Stihl shop located at the end of Point Peter Rd. when I ask him to check out / repair my gas blower.
A good small engine repair shop can charge whatever they want. Lawyers set their own hourly rates, but how many of them can fix a chainsaw? There's plenty of lawyers around, but a serious shortage of technicians that can actually make sh!t work.
Mr Townie

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Simplistic dolt wrote:
<quoted text>
but a serious shortage of technicians that can actually make sh!t work.
That's because we are raising mindless dolts who spend all their time playing video games. Instead of riding bicycles, flying model airplanes and building electronic gear like HeathKit.

Today's generation of auto repair kiddys are a gaggle of dolts who couldn't troubleshoot anything without step by step instructions.

And they are challenged on following instructions.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

pork chop wrote:
<quoted text>
What is ANGEL hair pasta? Is it shaped like long "L's"?
Don't want to go into the 3 L's. Damn.
LMAO! You can't even be a proper arsshole. You spelled it correctly while trying to make fun of my typo! Fool. ESAD.
pork chop

Dornsife, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! You can't even be a proper arsshole. You spelled it correctly while trying to make fun of my typo! Fool. ESAD.
Just like you to criticize those for misspelling AND correctly spelling. Please run for office.....any office.....I want to laugh at you to your face again.
Bobby

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
You misspelled angel as angle, Jay. It is a common enough mistake so just admit it and stop trying to wise-ass your way out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,481 - 1,500 of1,822
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the St. Marys Forum right now

Search the St. Marys Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
When Black savages rob, beat, White grandmothers. 9 min Jay Moreno 21
Oil Prices Likely to Keep Falling as US Output ... 12 min LonePalm 6
Impeach Obama Now 14 min Jay Moreno 21
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 20 min silverfox 47,895
1 Blessing From God 24 min Hor Ha 13
How is the Federal Case coming Jules? 35 min Hor Ha 28
Same-Sex Parenting study flawed - Media left ou... 2 hr bi-polar 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Marys Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••