Camden County Business Death Watch
yogibare

Saint Marys, GA

#1219 Jun 24, 2012
Bush 109 364 wrote:
Which Radio station ? 106.3 or 89.3
Think you should ask them to respond. NPR is begging for money all the time. So you have to be a little more specific.
the one that plays country and western
Confused rumor

Kingsland, GA

#1220 Jun 24, 2012
yogibare wrote:
The radio station here must be in trouble financially because someone told me they are begging listeners to help them get a loan or something.
I believe it is Barbara Ryan begging for votes to get a $250,000 grant from somewhereorother to save her magazine and prevent foreclosure on her way underwater house downtown.

Perhaps she and Alex could move to Alaska and live off the land. How Green would that be, huh?

I'll throw in for bus and sled fare. Anyone else?
AgD21

Kingsland, GA

#1221 Jun 24, 2012
Heard she put her house listed now as a church so she would not have to pay taxes on it.
huh

Saint Marys, GA

#1222 Jun 24, 2012
AgD21 wrote:
Heard she put her house listed now as a church so she would not have to pay taxes on it.
what's this go to do with the radio station being in financial trouble?
Well after all

Kingsland, GA

#1223 Jun 24, 2012
AgD21 wrote:
she and Alex are both new age priestesses of the Great Green Church of Mother Earth, you know!
Thought I was kidding eh

Kingsland, GA

#1224 Jun 24, 2012
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#1225 Jun 25, 2012
yogibare wrote:
The radio station here must be in trouble financially because someone told me they are begging listeners to help them get a loan or something.
I heard that and wondered about it. Like everything else in this county, no business.
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#1226 Jun 25, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text> I heard that and wondered about it. Like everything else in this county, no business.
which one? kbay or wecc?
puddles

Saint Marys, GA

#1227 Jun 25, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text> which one? kbay or wecc?
i heard it on kbay
Makebate

Saint Marys, GA

#1228 Jun 25, 2012
Oh Well, just going to get worse until we make our minds up a community that we have to get some jobs in here to make it.

We will loose two more subs in the next year or so. This comes to you by dawplucker, a malcontent politicaster.
Moreno Jay

Knoxville, TN

#1229 Jun 25, 2012
Thought I was kidding eh wrote:
http://www.stmarysgaweddings.c om/about.html
I don't know why I criticize others for the way they make money when I am a leach who has not worked a day in over ten years. I just sit on my morbidly obese arse by the mail box waiting for my free government handouts from eight different government entitlement programs.

"Entitlement" is the key word here you envious scum..........I am ENTITLED to my free government handouts.
Moreno Jay

Knoxville, TN

#1230 Jun 25, 2012
So choke on it.
ye heard

Calhoun City, MS

#1231 Jun 26, 2012
Thought I was kidding eh wrote:
http://www.stmarysgaweddings.c om/about.html
When are they gonna hold a service for Jay and rick? maybe aunt B's will have some soggy shrimp and okra after the services, ye heard??
Concerned Business Person

Clayton, MI

#1233 Jun 26, 2012
This topic is sure getting 'off topic' isn't it. Keep on the subject "Camden County Business Death Watch" .....or start a new post. I'm concerned about the businesses, not all these little side shows and ya-ya contests between all you turds.
Try to stay focused please..........gees louise.
Truth

Saint Marys, GA

#1234 Jun 26, 2012
THE WEE PUB

Walked in after 1pm to purposely miss the lunch crowd. Found a table that was clean and cleared of dirty dishes. Drink order taken in minutes and drinks on table within five minutes. Placed order for two specials (½ sandwich with soup) with a side order of fries after being told onion rings were not available.

While waiting I noticed three groups finishing lunch with another two or three tables waiting for their orders. Finally after about thirty minutes a cook came out of the kitchen to deliver an order but had not a clue where. He actually made three complete laps around the restaurant until picking a table and you could tell by his smile he got it right.

Ten minutes later out comes another order and it was heading for our table. Forty minutes waiting for the lunch special I thought was a bit much but what the heck a new place and we were hungry. Looking down as the order was placed in front of us I immediately realized it was not our order. Off went the food for its final destination, one and half laps this time before the servers smile returned after hitting pay dirt.

Our waitress returned to check on our refills. She noticed an empty table and a frown on my face. She apologized, went to the kitchen and returned with good news. Our order ticket had moved up to the number two spot and it wouldn’t be to long now.

Finally after about 50 total minutes out came our special lunch plates. The server with that recognizable big smile came directly to our table (probably coached by our waitress) left our food and marched back to the kitchen. After waiting a few minutes I decided to dive into my plate realizing that the kitchen door was not going to open with my order of french fries. I was right.

Our food was very good. The service sucked and many tables were not cleared of dirty plates for over thirty minutes. We did receive a lot of attention by a manager trying to entice us into ordering desert, not once but twice. The finale attention getter was getting up to leave and noticing a young lady enjoying her plate of ONION RINGS.
Bar Maid

Saint Marys, GA

#1235 Jun 26, 2012
Had you set at the Bar where you belonged you would had a beer to glutch down. After a few beers it would have made little difference what you got for lunch.

When you go to a bar damn it man drink.
Read my mind

Kingsland, GA

#1236 Jun 27, 2012
Bar Maid wrote:
Had you set at the Bar where you belonged you would had a beer to glutch down. After a few beers it would have made little difference what you got for lunch.
When you go to a bar damn it man drink.
The booze is where the profit is. If they delay your food long enough, chances of selling you a second drink WITH your meal are greatly improved. Virtually all restaurants that cater to boozers pull that very same stunt. Another reason I avoid them.
A J Crews 7

Saint Marys, GA

#1237 Jul 7, 2012
Good bye Sheila's Hallmark Card center, now enjoy traveling around with the Navy League. Two more businesses on that side of the shopping center are set to close soon. Guess which two ?
July

Woodbine, GA

#1238 Jul 7, 2012
Di's and Luigi?
ka ploosh

Knoxville, TN

#1239 Jul 7, 2012
Read my mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The booze is where the profit is. If they delay your food long enough, chances of selling you a second drink WITH your meal are greatly improved. Virtually all restaurants that cater to boozers pull that very same stunt. Another reason I avoid them.
You avoid them because you know that the younger, bar going set are much more likely to NOT put up with your trash. You are much more likely to be owned, just as you were at Burger King in Glynn County.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whats happening to the Chip Drury Island back o... (Feb '15) 50 min Wife Killer Carl... 7
Feeling The White House Slipping Away, Hillary ... 2 hr LonePalm 3
Another conservative paper endores Clinton 3 hr SallyR 6
Everything is negotiable in Trumpworld! 3 hr SallyR 4
UPDATE: Cascade Mall Shooter Captured - a Hilla... 3 hr SallyR 4
Trump is a failed businessman 4 hr Tom 1
96 year old vet voting for Clinton 4 hr Tom 5

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages