Camden County Business Death Watch
bsbuskirk

Saint Marys, GA

#1138 May 16, 2012
Sad and ominous news wrote:
It was with sadness that I read in today's T&G that Janie Highsmith, one of the original partners in Aunt B's, is moving on to other opportunities.
Actualy, the evidence would suggest that she must have done so several weeks ago.
Said evidence is the quality of the food. To be more precise, not the quality, but the preparation.
Several signature dishes were just not the same the last couple of times I've been in there.
I'm sorry to that, in light of Cathy's post-stroke disability, unless Cathy and Coleman Gentry,the remaining owners, can get a new cooking partner or at a minimum a head cook with great cooking and managerial skills, their future looks neither bright nor long.
To lose Aunt B's would be a damned shame.
Let this be a lesson: NEVER, EVER start a business partnertship without competent advice from an attorney and accountant and never fail to heed their advice to have an insured buy-sell agreement which deals with the possiblities of death or disability of one of the partners.
Where are you going to go now to fill your gut, Moreno?
Lethal combination

Kingsland, GA

#1139 May 19, 2012
The combination of a coming weekday lunch price increase at Aunt B's(June 1) combined with an apparent lack of anyone responsible for and capable of quality control has the makings of a business killer.

The shrimp were cold and soggy today. Combination of plain flour breading (vice their traditional House Autry seafood breading which is excellent) and low grease temperature either from being set too low or dropping too much into grease at one time or consecutively without time for temp to recover.

Same problem with the fried okra.

Seafood chowder not near as rich as usual.

A pro in the kitchen is urgently needed.
Paula Dean

Knoxville, TN

#1140 May 19, 2012
Lethal combination wrote:
The combination of a coming weekday lunch price increase at Aunt B's(June 1) combined with an apparent lack of anyone responsible for and capable of quality control has the makings of a business killer.
The shrimp were cold and soggy today. Combination of plain flour breading (vice their traditional House Autry seafood breading which is excellent) and low grease temperature either from being set too low or dropping too much into grease at one time or consecutively without time for temp to recover.
Come on back to Savannah, Julian. I can satisfy your taste buds and fill that rotund gut of yours, honey.
Savannah

Woodbine, GA

#1141 May 19, 2012
Paula Dean wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on back to Savannah, Julian. I can satisfy your taste buds and fill that rotund gut of yours, honey.
What did we ever do to you? Please don't wish Julian on our fair city. We finally drove him out of here and if you're smart you'll do the same thing.
The old Shoneys building

Kingsland, GA

#1142 May 22, 2012
Some local will eventually have a go at making that site work.

Candidates: 1. Angelos. Just had another outstanding house special pizza there last night.
They have needed more space since the day Angelo Panoussis opened there.

2. Janie Highsmith could open another home cooking restaurant there.

3. Another El Potro location.

Any other ideas?
Fairton

Saint Marys, GA

#1143 May 22, 2012
The old Shoneys building wrote:
Candidates: 1. Angelos. Just had another outstanding house special pizza there last night.
Any other ideas?
May I suggest alternative use for the property. Too many food places located in the area.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#1144 May 23, 2012
How about the window tint and headliner place that opened in the building next to Enterprise Rent a Car? He probably had to give the first and last months rental payments when they went in there..little did the fools know that the the last month would be the second month! They will be gone by July. Their total revenue won't be a much as the rent.
Yes you may

Kingsland, GA

#1145 May 23, 2012
Fairton wrote:
<quoted text>
May I suggest alternative use for the property. Too many food places located in the area.
Do tell. What type of business not serving the immediate needs of travelers for food, fuel, or lodging would you suggest would be a higher and better use for an existimng restuarant facility within a stones throw of Exit 3?
scooter thug mex

Calhoun City, MS

#1146 May 23, 2012
Lethal combination wrote:
Jay your hero tommy went in there with his office sow's and eat all the good stuff before you got there.
scooter thug mex

Calhoun City, MS

#1147 May 23, 2012
Any other ideas?
Landry's,some of the best frog legg's and gator tail in the US, and garfish cakes to.
pitbull

Saint Marys, GA

#1148 May 23, 2012
Any other ideas?
I agree, It would be a great spot for Angelo's.
I'd like to see a Golden Coral also.
Agree on Golden Corral

Kingsland, GA

#1149 May 23, 2012
as well but not at that location. Too small. That property between Long Horns and Ruby Tuesdays or the lot that is on your right as you stop to exit Walmart onto Kings Bay Road come to mind as excellent locations for Golden Corral.
Red Lobster

Saint Marys, GA

#1150 May 23, 2012
When we come we come together from now on and it is not going to be Golden Corral It will be Olive Garden. You are not ready you are not as big as you think you are in Kingsland.
Oh please

Kingsland, GA

#1151 May 24, 2012
Olive Garden sucks for those of us who have eaten in real Italian restaurants owned and operated by -wait for it - Italian Americans.

Hell, you can't even get a decent bread - the sine qua non for an authentic Italian dining experience -at Olive Garden.
Big Girl at the Garden

Saint Marys, GA

#1152 May 24, 2012
All you can eat salad and bread before working on the endless pasta bowl. HEAVEN
Marion

Kingsland, GA

#1153 May 24, 2012
Oh please wrote:
Olive Garden sucks for those of us who have eaten in real Italian restaurants owned and operated by -wait for it - Italian Americans.
Hell, you can't even get a decent bread - the sine qua non for an authentic Italian dining experience -at Olive Garden.
I have eaten in a few restaurants on Lake Como. Angelo's of St Marys and Kingsland has Greek roots. The food is good not authentic Italian but pretty good food.
I really love the OG's Garlic Alfredo Potatoes.
Actually Church Lady

Kingsland, GA

#1154 May 24, 2012
Angelo was born in Greece but moved at an early age to northern Italy. As usual, you don't actually know what in the hell you're talking about. His Northern Italian cuisine was quite authentic. The new owners are carrying on the tradition and the recipes quite well.
Pastry Shop

Saint Marys, GA

#1155 May 25, 2012
Little bakery not making it in Kings Bay Shopping Center. Will Close when lease runs out. maybe before. This is the words of the owner of the bakery.
matlock

Calhoun City, MS

#1156 May 25, 2012
Actually Church Lady wrote:
Angelo was born in Greece but moved at an early age to northern Italy. As usual, you don't actually know what in the hell you're talking about. His Northern Italian cuisine was quite authentic. The new owners are carrying on the tradition and the recipes quite well.
was that what you was eating when you go the gullet bellie?FUJ!!!!
Bob Ward

Saint Marys, GA

#1157 May 26, 2012
Let me give you a tip on the clue of Bill DeLoughy's Character: The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; The man who respects it has earned it.....Guess we know Bill by the way you have squandered the city coffers, and voted to go deep into debt (bond) as to where you are coming from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHAOS! At Opening of DNC in Philly - Chairwoman... 11 min Mockingbird 3
Ret. USMC General endorses Clinton 32 min Anon 10
MORENO: what does the word "WHIGGER" mean??? (Apr '15) 1 hr Concerned St Mary... 370
Here is where to watch the DNC live 1 hr 20 Jan 2017 11
FBI Corrupt For Hillary 2 hr No Way 1
"Mr. Trump is a unique and present danger." 2 hr Moreno Jay 17
30 yr Republican resigns due to Trump 2 hr Moreno Jay 4
Black Lives Mater to invade St.Marys this weekend. 14 hr YouJustPulledAMor... 284

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages