Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

"Bill Gross discussed his senior housing project of 50 units (recently given the "green light" by Council). His concern regarded the tap fees charged in St. Marys as compared to a project of a similar nature that he's working on in Brunswick. In St. Marys the tap fees will amount to approximately $685,000 while in Brunswick, for a project of 66 units, the fee will only be about $135,000. Discussion ensued with Council regarding comparisons with other Camden County areas and it was determined that St. Marys is approximately $3,000 -$4,000 more than any other municipality. No action was taken or motion made. " Seems to me that we really need this project as there are many other approaches. Since he wants to gamble, I don't think the citizens should pay one penny into his venture.$685,000 is reasonable. Otherwise go to Brunswick where it is less.
Kim

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

"Bobby Marr asked to hire a replacement for someone who submitted his retirement papers because of a quickly developing personal issue. Both of these positions were budgeted for in the new FY2012 budget. Mr. Marr will make every effort to hire an employee from the pool of those who were recenetly released as a result of the RIF experienced by Public Works. Both requests were passed unanimously." Geez, they just laid off 13. Lets see if anone comes back.
Kim

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

"Cumberland Harbor Bond Update and Proposed Sale of Lots: Mr. Moore explained that M3 American Properties, LLC wants the city to release the surety bonds currently in place - in exchange for developing the remaining property in Cumberland Harbor. Essentially, it boils down to a substitution of a promise to perform from the 3 bonding companies and M3 American Properties.
Mr. Moore will ensure that financial due diligence is completed prior to him making a recommendation to move forward. This will require more cash funding or cash-equivalent funding in order to avoid impacting the city or its finances in a negative manner. More discussion is/will be required." Can't understand why we would want to spend anything.
TDK

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

First, Mr. Gross knew the impact (tap) fees prior to planning this development....as far as being higher that other cities, I believe Kinglsnad and other cities has comparable tap fees. We shouldn't be bailing out developers who will profit from sales of properties....Second I applaud Mr. Marr for looking to rehire employees from the eliminated position pool. As far as Cumbarland Harbor.....Why should we be in the business of advancing financial incentives to failed developments. If they want to develop this property they should do so with the bonds left in place, this will protect the Cities interest and prove they are legit.
anon

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

TDK wrote:
First, Mr. Gross knew the impact (tap) fees prior to planning this development....as far as being higher that other cities, I believe Kinglsnad and other cities has comparable tap fees. We shouldn't be bailing out developers who will profit from sales of properties....Second I applaud Mr. Marr for looking to rehire employees from the eliminated position pool. As far as Cumbarland Harbor.....Why should we be in the business of advancing financial incentives to failed developments. If they want to develop this property they should do so with the bonds left in place, this will protect the Cities interest and prove they are legit.
Let us hope we have some on council who are looking out for the homeowner taxpayers. Let us hope that not everyone in local government is bought and paid for by real estate interest. Land speculators and developers have had their way with Camden County for a long time. Enough is enough.
Out of Money

Kingfield, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

Once again thanks to stmaryscitizens for posting articles about what's really happening in this city. I can't make it to many council meetings and I really appreciate the info.
And thanks to Jeremy Spencer for pointing out that "one of the people responding to the RFQ for the SMIG project is affiliated with 38 properties currently listed as delinquent in taxes." Oh now that sounds like someone you'd want to give the project to, doesn't it? What a joke.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

Assuming he has the best bid, give it to him with the clear understanding, in writing, that the check the city cuts him when the project is finished will be net of the delinquent taxes.
Purple Hase

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

Those of you out there know I am not a fan of Deb Hase, but I will swallow my pride here and thank her of suspending the retirement contributions to council members during the lay off of 13 employees. That is the right thing to do and I would also like to thank her for making sure that they revisit the budget in July to amend the ordinance to make sure the language of the water fees to do increase on residents every July 1st.

With that being said, I think we need a new finance director. It appears she only gives the information she wants to give to benefit her department.
Out of Money

Kingfield, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

From www.stmaryscitizens.com "Retirement Match Suspension: After some discussion it was proposed that the match be reinstated for the employees only and while this was not in the budget, the funds would be "found." Passed Unanimously."

Isn't it amazing how they can "find" funds? Funds for the boathouse property, funds for the airport relocation boondoggle, funds for Washington "fly-ins", funds for the City Attorney ($200,000 plus per year) etc.? Where does all of this come from? Oh, hang on...I just checked my bank account and found the answer.
Purple Hase

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

Out of Money wrote:
From www.stmaryscitizens.com "Retirement Match Suspension: After some discussion it was proposed that the match be reinstated for the employees only and while this was not in the budget, the funds would be "found." Passed Unanimously."
Isn't it amazing how they can "find" funds? Funds for the boathouse property, funds for the airport relocation boondoggle, funds for Washington "fly-ins", funds for the City Attorney ($200,000 plus per year) etc.? Where does all of this come from? Oh, hang on...I just checked my bank account and found the answer.
I could not agree more...someone posted the city budget earlier and the executive & legislative departments travel expense is $11,300 dollars...and some council members have stated that they pay for their own travel to some of these events...so where does the rest of the money go that is not used. Certainly, not to the general fund or to pay off debt...that would make sense. There is probably some stupid policy that permits them to us it elsewhere or to give to some other damn agency...who really knows.
Yogi

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

Moreno Jay wrote:
Assuming he has the best bid, give it to him with the clear understanding, in writing, that the check the city cuts him when the project is finished will be net of the delinquent taxes.
That would be fair. But, I think he would try to weasel out some tax dollars for himself.
stmaryscitizensc om

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

stmaryscitizenscom wrote:
http://www.stmaryscitizens.com /AT-CITY-HALL.html
We want everyone to know we are shutting our web site down effective noon on Friday
Tbone

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

This place isn't worth the effort to try to save it. After 26 years, St. Marys is dead to me.
Jaysux

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
We want everyone to know we are shutting our web site down effective noon on Friday
Yes, another Jay antic.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

Jaysux wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, another Jay antic.
No, it's not, lying scum, as you very well know.
DDK

Kingfield, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
Are you too dense to realize that that site only comments on here under a registered name? You must be really intimidated by that site for some reason. What's wrong? Do facts really scare you that much?
NoName

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Judged:

What financial due diligence is Mr Moore going to make sure occurs with the CH sale to 3M??
Thanks,
Kim wrote:
"Cumberland Harbor Bond Update and Proposed Sale of Lots: Mr. Moore explained that M3 American Properties, LLC wants the city to release the surety bonds currently in place - in exchange for developing the remaining property in Cumberland Harbor. Essentially, it boils down to a substitution of a promise to perform from the 3 bonding companies and M3 American Properties.
Mr. Moore will ensure that financial due diligence is completed prior to him making a recommendation to move forward. This will require more cash funding or cash-equivalent funding in order to avoid impacting the city or its finances in a negative manner. More discussion is/will be required." Can't understand why we would want to spend anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the St. Marys Forum right now

Search the St. Marys Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
National Council of La Raza 7 min Irreversible 8
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 17 min Bill in Dville 49,557
JDA Bleeding Camden Taxpayers 24 min Truth 230
Watch Mayor M and Comrade Kearns collude to abr... 24 min Herbert 37
What If Democracy Is a Fraud? 49 min felix 3
Will Perdue be elected to Congress? 1 hr Simplistic dolt 11
East Coast Drilling 1 hr Jay Moreno 16
•••
•••
•••
St. Marys Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••