Concealed Carry Holders Dream World. ...

Concealed Carry Holders Dream World. ABC News.

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

Vet

Herndon, PA

#1 Jan 12, 2013
A great little film and test by ABC News on concealed carry permit holders. Bottom line? Big fail. Watch and see why. Then remember not to stand or sit next to the gun nut that carries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 12, 2013
Vet wrote:
A great little film and test by ABC News on concealed carry permit holders. Bottom line? Big fail. Watch and see why. Then remember not to stand or sit next to the gun nut that carries.
Well I watched your video and I have read your comments in general. What accredited combat training have you had? I hear the rants of a liberal anti gunner and no specifics of your background to give credibility to your position.
Years ago ABC news and Leslie Stahl made a 60 minutes of the ease of a New Yorker getting a CWP in Fla. So I will say ABC is biased.
Your video was interesting, definitely biased. It was a setup. We saw what they wanted us to see.
You preach what you want us to hear.So I would like to hear your personal experience.
Redneck

Kingsland, GA

#3 Jan 12, 2013
Vet wrote:
Vet - I asked you on another thread. You didn't respond there. Will you respond now?

"Never heard a vet say he was a "noncom." When someone asks me about my military experience I say I am a retired chief petty officer. Lots of vets I know just say I'm a retired petty officer, sergeant, etc."

What was your "NONCOM."
Viet Vet

United States

#4 Jan 12, 2013
Vet wrote:
Vet- what is your point? Are you saying that since a student does not know how to handle a hand gun, that all citizens should have their 2nd Amendment rights curtailed?

I have served as a range officer and a small arms instructor in the military. Do you want to confiscate my personal weapon?

How do you supposed to decide who has 2nd Amendment rights and who don't? Do you own a fire arm?
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#6 Jan 12, 2013
You could sit next to me and you would never know I had a gun on me.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#7 Jan 13, 2013
Vet, what exactly makes us 'nuts'? One of your hero's, Lady DiFi(Dianne Feinstein), has a concealed carry permit. You and her want to take every gun but it's OK for her to carry...... she's not a nut-job, right?
furious

United States

#8 Jan 13, 2013
Vet wrote:
Are you unwilling to defend yourself? Do you, ignorant ass, know what is best for me?

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#9 Jan 13, 2013
Viet Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Vet- what is your point? Are you saying that since a student does not know how to handle a hand gun, that all citizens should have their 2nd Amendment rights curtailed?
I have served as a range officer and a small arms instructor in the military. Do you want to confiscate my personal weapon?
How do you supposed to decide who has 2nd Amendment rights and who don't? Do you own a fire arm?
The range is hot.

Ready on the Right? Damned straight!

Ready on the Left? Surely, you jest.
Anon

Fpo, AP

#10 Jan 13, 2013
Here Vet! Shows why you cannot listen to the media all the time. This was just a couple I found in the 1st few seconds when searching!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/22/man-char...

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2012/03/26/sher...

St. Marys, GA

#11 Jan 13, 2013
Vet wrote:
Bullshit! Here is why every decent, law-abiding adult in America should be armed and packing every day.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Robbery-victim...
Anon

Herndon, PA

#12 Jan 13, 2013
All of us need to lighten up and just look and listen without going ballistic. The ABC segment simply shows what every honest firearms instructor will tell you: the average legally armed civilian is unable to properly defend themselves in a sudden panic confrontation with an armed assailant.

St. Marys, GA

#14 Jan 13, 2013
That's because they are not constantly looking at every stranger in their surroundings as a potential attacker - a potentially fatal mistake.
Anon

Herndon, PA

#15 Jan 13, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
That's because they are not constantly looking at every stranger in their surroundings as a potential attacker - a potentially fatal mistake.
Jay, go back and look at the news segment again with an open mind. It has nothing to do with anticipation of attack. It is about the ability of a minimally trained armed civilian to react properly in a sudden life threatening encounter. The film points out the fallacy of arming teachers. Rather than protecting the classroom, they would almost certainly be a danger to their students and to themselves.

By the way, normal people do not and can not function if they are quivering in a constant state of paranoid fear, anticipating that the next stranger they meet is sent to do them severe bodily harm. That said, everyone should be alert and prepared when entering a dangerous area such as a shopping center parking lot.
Redneck

Kingsland, GA

#16 Jan 13, 2013
Anon wrote:
All of us need to lighten up and just look and listen without going ballistic. The ABC segment simply shows what every honest firearms instructor will tell you: the average legally armed civilian is unable to properly defend themselves in a sudden panic confrontation with an armed assailant.
Any one notice that the people they picked to be the ccw carriers were basically teenagers? The one they chose for the final test was so nervous that he most likely would have killed a couple of innocents. Also the assassin was a professional police trainer that was an expert in the use of firearms. Furthermore he most likely knew which of the people in the class was the ccw person.

Not even close to being a true test.

St. Marys, GA

#17 Jan 13, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Jay, go back and look at the news segment again with an open mind. It has nothing to do with anticipation of attack. It is about the ability of a minimally trained armed civilian to react properly in a sudden life threatening encounter. The film points out the fallacy of arming teachers. Rather than protecting the classroom, they would almost certainly be a danger to their students and to themselves.
By the way, normal people do not and can not function if they are quivering in a constant state of paranoid fear, anticipating that the next stranger they meet is sent to do them severe bodily harm. That said, everyone should be alert and prepared when entering a dangerous area such as a shopping center parking lot.
Okay, Mam, so as a result of your being alert, you've spotted your rapist and muderer rising up from behind the next car in the parking garage. Unfortunately, you are an un-armed, morally superior, Liberal. RIP.
Anon

Fpo, AP

#18 Jan 13, 2013
The news segment also had a firearms instructor as the aggressor. That is far from the mentally ill behind a gun in aspects of capability.
Coonass

Herndon, PA

#19 Jan 13, 2013
Quiet Typo wrote:
<quoted text>Well I watched your video and I have read your comments in general. What accredited combat training have you had? I hear the rants of a liberal anti gunner and no specifics of your background to give credibility to your position.
Years ago ABC news and Leslie Stahl made a 60 minutes of the ease of a New Yorker getting a CWP in Fla. So I will say ABC is biased.
Your video was interesting, definitely biased. It was a setup. We saw what they wanted us to see.
You preach what you want us to hear.So I would like to hear your personal experience.
ABC news don do 60 minutes, nor do Leslie Stahl works for dem! Dat would be CBS, I guarontee!!!
Anon

Herndon, PA

#20 Jan 13, 2013
Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Any one notice that the people they picked to be the ccw carriers were basically teenagers? The one they chose for the final test was so nervous that he most likely would have killed a couple of innocents. Also the assassin was a professional police trainer that was an expert in the use of firearms. Furthermore he most likely knew which of the people in the class was the ccw person.
Not even close to being a true test.
Yes, I noticed. They were about the age of the average military recruit. And, the point of the video was to show that barely trained civilians are so nervous that they are a danger to themselves and innocent bystanders. It is not relevant whether the "assassin" knew the identity of the ccw person. This was a test of the reaction of the ccw person. All failed as both I probably would and you too, unless you are a trained and constantly refresh trained military or police officer.

I'm not sure why you are so adamantly arguing this point. Ask a well qualified, honest arms instructor (One who is not just trying to sell you a weapon) and he will tell you the same thing. A person with only the basic training needed to qualify for a CW permit will almost NEVER react appropriately to an armed attack and is very likely to endanger themselves and bystanders. It just doesn't work in real life like it does on TV.

Location hidden

#21 Jan 13, 2013
Coonass wrote:
<quoted text>
ABC news don do 60 minutes, nor do Leslie Stahl works for dem! Dat would be CBS, I guarontee!!!
Ok der gumbo, dat waz Leslie Stahl of 60 minutes, no?

Location hidden

#22 Jan 13, 2013
Dianne Sawyer, well shizz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St Marys' Corrupt Government 7 hr Camden GOB 12
State Rep Race 8 hr Tuesday Vote 117
Thoughts and prayers 8 hr Bake the Cake 10
Buddy Carter 8 hr Glynn 2
St Marys Senior Center Authority 11 hr St Marys Senior 11
Trump caves again. Puts our soldiers at risk. 12 hr Newcomers 11
Pottery Studio 16 hr Cheech 3

St. Marys Jobs

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages