Hey hey

Saint Marys, GA

#1 May 8, 2013
Looks as if covered tracks for another officer last week . When a call was made on an another employee they arrested the caller. It's a joke what they get away with

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#2 May 8, 2013
Thank you for that thorough and highly informative reportage there, Scoop.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#3 May 8, 2013
In the last 25 years here all my interactions with SMPD have been positive.
Hey hey

Douglasville, GA

#4 May 8, 2013
When is the last time u called them on one of their own?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5 May 8, 2013
Give us the story.....
Noogie

Kingsland, GA

#6 May 8, 2013
Jorge wrote:
In the last 25 years here all my interactions with SMPD have been positive.
Some of mine have. Some of my calls for help from SMPD turned out to be turned around on me.

For example, I reported a guy who was trespassing on our Homeowners Association property and causing damage. The SMPD cop came, saw the damage, and said that since it was on HOA property they had no jurisdiction and it was a civil matter. I could sue the guy.

This is why I now insist on County Sheriff's Office response
Hey hey

Saint Marys, GA

#7 May 8, 2013
The story goes last week smpd had a domestic call on an officer. They showed up arrested the caller and did not even report the injury the caller had. Then wrote the statement to only benifit the officer.
No Surprise There

Savannah, GA

#8 May 8, 2013
Noogie wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of mine have. Some of my calls for help from SMPD turned out to be turned around on me.
For example, I reported a guy who was trespassing on our Homeowners Association property and causing damage. The SMPD cop came, saw the damage, and said that since it was on HOA property they had no jurisdiction and it was a civil matter. I could sue the guy.
This is why I now insist on County Sheriff's Office response
If what you say is accurate, the SMPD officer was wrong. Any damage to property which occurs within their jurisdiction, and which meets the elements of "Criminal Trespass" or "Criminal Damage to Property" is a criminal, and arrestable, offense.

If, in the officers' opinion, the elements were not met, then yes, it would be a matter for a civil judgement.

I wasn't there. You were. Having said that, I have a fairly low opinion of SMPD. They earned it. Good call to insist on a deputy. They tend to be more motivated; more responsive; and more competent. And Jim Proctor runs long, looping circles around Tim Hatch. As do most of the deputies when compared to their counterparts at SMPD.

You pay for professional protection. When you call for it, you have every right to ask for the ones that will provide it.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#9 May 9, 2013
Hey hey wrote:
The story goes last week smpd had a domestic call on an officer. They showed up arrested the caller and did not even report the injury the caller had. Then wrote the statement to only benifit the officer.
Well, like Noogie posted, call the Sheriff's office and register a complaint with them... to include SMPD's actions.
Larry Langford

Saint Marys, GA

#10 May 9, 2013
When will the St. Marys Police Department go BYE Bye ?
Lang Larryford

Saint Marys, GA

#11 May 9, 2013
When the city goes bagful and has to be un-incorporated and annexed by Kings land.
RRLD

Saint Marys, GA

#12 May 20, 2013
What hey hey failed to say is the officer was a deputy and the caller gave the deputy a black eye, just because you call 911 doesnt mean your not the one in the wrong.....dont get drunk and fight then you want have to call 911, dont tell 1/2 the story

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Indiana say f-off Queers 1 hr LonePalm 7
Michelle Obama declares "Black girls rock!" 2 hr White Girls Rock 2
St Marys Botanical Garden At Old Gilman Boat ho... 2 hr Seven Hundred Block 77
St Marys Citizens Want District Voting 2 hr JDA 50
Increasing clothes dryer efficiency. 3 hr Jorge 27
The Mayor and Gant are done with EarthKeepers 6 hr NotBob 6
St Marys EarthKeepers Joke Day 7 hr Bob 46
JDA WatchDog Group Formed 11 hr Wheres the beef 55
St. Marys Dating
Find my Match