City plans to raise your property taxes two and half times next year

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Oct 24, 2012
They are at it again. Planning to nail your ass to the wall with an increase in property taxes. This is for next year. Who knows how much your water and sewage rates are going up.

If you don't like what you are reading neither do I. there plan is to dump on the property owners. in other words they are going to take your property. If you have a home borrow as much as you can and walk away. Get out of here if you can. It has turn on you.
Al Pope

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Oct 24, 2012
You would think that ole Bob Ward must have thought about how he played the City of St. Marys had them eating out of his hand. I wonder just how much he really had to pay to get the $45,000,000.00 dollar Bond issue voted his way.
Timing is crucial

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Oct 24, 2012
If you plan to sell do it soon. If you plan to borrow on your home I would make application now.
Doo Sid Lee

Saint Marys, GA

#5 Oct 24, 2012
exit strategy from living in St. Marys a real looser of a town. This little back water town has been ruined for many years out.

Your property taxes on St. Simons Island will be less than living in St. Marys and I can tell you St. Marys is nothing comparing to St. Simons Island.
Acephalous

Saint Marys, GA

#6 Oct 25, 2012
Council is therefore acephalous without a Mayor capable of making a good decision for the good of St. Marys. Thanks again Osprey Cove for giving us Bill DeLoughy.
on the take

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Oct 25, 2012
Doo Sid Lee wrote:
This little back water town has been ruined for many years out.
This little backwater town was fine until they all wanted the same town they moved here from. Always here it was better here or better there.Then why the hell did they move if it was so much better.
yrt they say the navy saved us. bull take that navy out and sell that land a private company would put a port there within a year.There is your deep water port with railroad to it.No i dont want to see the navy go but if it did we would survive.Take a year or 2 but we would see more growth in jobs from a private sector.As it is now Washington DC tells us how many jobs are allowed.
We see that they cant see what is going on look at lybia deaths the president still dont what to say.
Inconsequential

Saint Marys, GA

#8 Oct 25, 2012
I can see a deep water port at the end of Point Peter. Best location anywhere along the Georgia Coast and in most of Florida.

It is equally as good as Fort Lauderdale and Port of Miami. North River is better than the Miami River. That covers a lot of inlets. Check it out. check the depths. width and we win, and win big.
on the take

Saint Marys, GA

#9 Oct 26, 2012
get in your boat or my boat and lets go check. at pt.peter you will have go into st.marys river that is not wide enough deep water to turn boats.yards there is 1 25-30ft channel right next to bank that is about 25 yds.wide. see what rail system you see there also.
then take a ride out to north end of drum island and look west that whole bay is 50-100 foot deep.with a railroad not far away. So has a company looking to open a port am i willing to buy land where there is deep water,rail inplace for most part, dont have to worry about point peter bridge being a problem,nor putting a rail road over north river. heck i can see deep water from kingsland if i get in a high enough pine tree.
My only point was to say this town will make it with or without navy.everyone thought we were deadafter gillman closed but the town is still here.I we could get them dunb@sses out of council that increased the city workforce because they thought the base was going to increase about 5 years back. city would be in better shape now. I wished i would of kept Gull Weaver in Sydney Howell is a total YES man.but we should of known that from his last time in there our screw up on him in there

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#10 Oct 26, 2012
"I wished i would of kept Gull Weaver in Sydney Howell is a total YES man.but we should of known that from his last time in there our screw up on him in there."

I do too. But he is a local, a union man, a GOB, a Friend of Bill, and an Agapebot. No brains / education required.
Colin Powell

Saint Marys, GA

#11 Oct 26, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
"I wished i would of kept Gull Weaver in Sydney Howell is a total YES man.but we should of known that from his last time in there our screw up on him in there."
I do too. But he is a local, a union man, a GOB, a Friend of Bill, and an Agapebot. No brains / education required.
I see Sidney must have called your hand and you don't like it.
on the take

Saint Marys, GA

#12 Nov 2, 2012
Colin Powell wrote:
<quoted text>
Sydney Howell could not call anything.I remember a few mill workers told him to his face they would vote for him,only because of their choices.If anyone sees him these days ask him about it.I think he is a POS in my book.
Sell

Saint Marys, GA

#13 Nov 4, 2012
If this is going to continue we need to sell out of this town and go somewhere else.
Homer

Kingsland, GA

#14 Nov 4, 2012
Please do. We can then buy back properties that we sold to you carpetbaggers at inflated prices for half price. If not from you then from the banks. This is a win/win situation. We get rid of you and make a profit doing it and it was your choice. I love it !!!
Home Boy

Saint Marys, GA

#15 Nov 4, 2012
Homer wrote:
Please do. We can then buy back properties that we sold to you carpetbaggers at inflated prices for half price. If not from you then from the banks. This is a win/win situation. We get rid of you and make a profit doing it and it was your choice. I love it !!!
I'm with you. Get the prices down to something we can live with. Then we can sell them again. Fresh crop of them up in New Jersey all pissed off. This is more fun than shinning gators
Ralph

Saint Marys, GA

#16 Jan 9, 2013
Now come the tax man in Saint Marys. Going to keep the police dept. screw the tax payer once more. They are easy.
Bar Pilot

Herndon, PA

#17 Jan 10, 2013
Inconsequential wrote:
I can see a deep water port at the end of Point Peter. Best location anywhere along the Georgia Coast and in most of Florida.
It is equally as good as Fort Lauderdale and Port of Miami. North River is better than the Miami River. That covers a lot of inlets. Check it out. check the depths. width and we win, and win big.
You've been eating too much of your own food. It has rotted your brain and made you fat.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#18 Jan 10, 2013
Colin Powell wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but he did stalk me in Walmart one night. Fortunately, he decided to call off his intended sneak attack from behind. And yes, I did see you coming up behind me in the soup aisle and then again while you were over in the bakery area wrestling with your decision to attack or not to attack. Good decision.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#19 Jan 10, 2013
anon wrote:
They are at it again. Planning to nail your ass to the wall with an increase in property taxes. This is for next year. Who knows how much your water and sewage rates are going up.
If you don't like what you are reading neither do I. there plan is to dump on the property owners. in other words they are going to take your property. If you have a home borrow as much as you can and walk away. Get out of here if you can. It has turn on you.
Let me guess: You are also a vocal opponent of SPLOST VII, right?
Ralph

Saint Marys, GA

#20 Jan 10, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but he did stalk me in Walmart one night. Fortunately, he decided to call off his intended sneak attack from behind. And yes, I did see you coming up behind me in the soup aisle and then again while you were over in the bakery area wrestling with your decision to attack or not to attack. Good decision.
The only thing that would stalk you would be a buzzard to eat your stinking carcass. Walking passed you the smell that comes from your wheel chair makes me think that time is near.
inconsequential

Saint Marys, GA

#21 Jan 10, 2013
As far as property taxes does not make much difference what they charge people are going to just abandoned the properties anyway. Not worth paying the taxes on the land and houses.

St. Marys is less than 3 years away from full blown Slum status anyway. Once the first few roofs cave in the pace seems to pick up as more and more roofs rot away. It takes thousands of dollars to replace a roof and if you can not pay the property taxes you damn sure will not replace a roof. This breeds other problems to many to mention.

Face it folks you have invested in a slum !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Distrct Voting and Downtown Gang 15 min Croton 47
Thriving Pooler wisely welcomes retail jobs. (Nov '13) 25 min Jorge 46
RIP Topix 7 hr georgia lady 7
Is Topix's "Dr.Lecter" a liberal or conservative? 15 hr silver bullet 2
N. Korea calls Obama name in latest hacking 15 hr LonePalm 3
New restaurant 18 hr Barney 7
Unlikely location Chosen for specialized Ebola ... 19 hr spur40 8
St. Marys Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web