Who would be the best future Mayor fo...

Who would be the best future Mayor for St. Marys?

Created by Galloping Pollster on Jan 24, 2013

344 votes

Click on an option to vote

Deborah Hase

Chuck Trader

Tom Cyphers

John Morrissey

Greg Bird

Keith Post

Sidney Howell

Jim Gant

Nancy Stasinis

Jay Moreno

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#22 Jan 25, 2013
Traitor wrote:
Rumor has it, he is already campaigning in the black churches to run for mayor. Traitor starts early to win, please keep this in mind if you are willing to run against him for mayor.
Will you Ku-Kluxing/ mill-rat, a-holes EVER retire that old "he's campaigning in the Black churches" canard? That died when Smith's political life did.
WTF

Dornsife, PA

#23 Jan 25, 2013
I would like for everwhom thinks Im clueless or nuts why they.
I wentto every meeting on the reason of water bill raise.

In every meeting he said that BOA wanted the city to have less debt to income. and more money in the bank.
big dog

Dornsife, PA

#24 Jan 26, 2013
WTF wrote:
I would like for everwhom thinks Im clueless or nuts why they.
I wentto every meeting on the reason of water bill raise.
In every meeting he said that BOA wanted the city to have less debt to income. and more money in the bank.
I think I agree with you, but I feel like I read it backwards.
St Marys First

Kingsland, GA

#25 Jan 27, 2013
The name that needs to be on this list is Brian Fewox. He ran for Mayor once and I think we need someone who is not afraid to take on the establishment in place now. We need to call on him to run.

St. Marys, GA

#26 Jan 27, 2013
But will he resign the first time he gets frustrated? Being mayor does not convey the same power as being the union negotiator with all the brother thugs behind you threatening economic harm.

Did he run for mayor or council? I know he subsequently ran from council before finishing his term.
James Taggart

Saint Marys, GA

#27 Jan 27, 2013
I don't see any decent person running to stick their neck in the noose. Not without a Federal Probe to clean up the mess we have now.
Tammy Rowe

Saint Marys, GA

#28 Jan 27, 2013
It does not make any difference it is over for St. Marys not worth saving. I have given up.
Ruby Ruby

United States

#29 Jan 27, 2013
James Taggart wrote:
I don't see any decent person running to stick their neck in the noose. Not without a Federal Probe to clean up the mess we have now.
You are joking right? The federal government is even more corrupt and hopeless than the local abortions.
Just Me

Dornsife, PA

#30 Jan 27, 2013
Actually, it wasn't Chuck Trader that caused the water/sewer rates to go up it was the deal made by former Councilman Gary Blount and his financing schemes that caused it. His council voted to approve the bonds based on development forecast that never produced. With that said, Trader had to recommend a hard choice to raise rates to service the debt owed by the city. I could recommend some level headed citizens to tackle the problem and make decisions that would be in the best interest of the citizens. They are:

Jerry Brandon for Mayor
David Joiner for Council
Bob Fuller for Council
Gull Weaver for Council
David Folsom for Council
Chuck Trader for Mayor
Mike Wooden for Council
Malcom Fuller for Mayor

These are some excellent candidates who should be drafted into local politics
Cindy

Saint Marys, GA

#31 Jan 27, 2013
No one decent will run just remember that. Not now, would not lend my name to this mess.
Ralph

Saint Marys, GA

#32 Jan 27, 2013
St. Marys has no future. It has been ruined beyond repair. While having your pipe dream remember $45 Million in debt plus interest. It is over.
nobs 2

Dornsife, PA

#33 Jan 28, 2013
Just Me wrote:
Actually, it wasn't Chuck Trader that caused the water/sewer rates to go up it was the deal made by former Councilman Gary Blount and his financing schemes that caused it. His council voted to approve the bonds based on development forecast that never produced. With that said, Trader had to recommend a hard choice to raise rates to service the debt owed by the city. I could recommend some level headed citizens to tackle the problem and make decisions that would be in the best interest of the citizens. They are:
Jerry Brandon for Mayor
David Joiner for Council
Bob Fuller for Council
Gull Weaver for Council
David Folsom for Council
Chuck Trader for Mayor
Mike Wooden for Council
Malcom Fuller for Mayor
Bullcrap Chuck Trader was one of the voting council to do all the hiring of extra employees when they thought the SUB-SCHOOL was coming to kingsbay.
They all want to blame it on past members. 90% of our problems came from that.
Trader was the mastermind of renewing the bond with BOA.was to raise water rates to have a better debt to income ratio free up 1 million dollars into general fund,earn intrest on that until 2015 then apply that to this balloon payment we have coming up. Then they turn around bought gilman dock instead of saving it.
then per Greg Birds words we have to figure out a way to come up with this money by cutting services raising rates by another 35% next year to make that payment.
When and IF they ever say they will make proper cuts in public works and will pay 100% of SPLOST-7 to this depbt we all need to vote NO on it.
I say grow a pair fire all the 30% of city workers that they hired hoping on that sub school
During that meetin with trader he said that 100%of water bills went right back into paying off this bond and paying water dept.workers
Someone do the math how many house/apartments are paying waterbills . I will say 20,000,times that by 65 average waterbill thats 1.3 million a month. Thats a shitload of payroll for just water dept.
Then again every employee has a F-250 to drive home.Wonder what that bill is
Chuck

Dornsife, PA

#34 Jan 30, 2013
It is encouraging to see that Deborah Hase and John Morrissey are so far down in the straw poll.
Upchuck

United States

#35 Jan 30, 2013
Do you believe the poll is valid? I don't.
Chuck Trader

Dornsife, PA

#36 Jan 30, 2013
Upchuck wrote:
Do you believe the poll is valid? I don't.
Of course not. St. Marys loves me.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#37 Jan 30, 2013
Putting Trader back in is bringing back the problem. They all are part of the problem. Hell Jay would be better than that bunch of nit wits. No matter what you have to suck up the costs and pay for it. That is the legacy of the St. Marys City Council. You pay for their misfeasance and malfeasance.

St. Marys, GA

#38 Jan 30, 2013
Just Me wrote:
Jerry Brandon for Mayor
David Joiner for Council
Bob Fuller for Council
Gull Weaver for Council
David Folsom for Council
Chuck Trader for Mayor
Mike Wooden for Council
Malcom Fuller for Mayor
You lost me on Jerry Brandon.

We're you here during the reign of Jerry And The Pirates?

If so, were you in a coma or were you one of the pirates?

St. Marys, GA

#39 Jan 30, 2013
I'm with you on Gull Weaver and Chuck Trader for council and mayor, repsectively. I just don't know anything about the others.
miami

Dornsife, PA

#40 Jan 30, 2013
moreno been up traders a$$ since bird beat him like a drum. trader is old news never to hold another office in st marys again. so long chuck.
Anon

Herndon, PA

#41 Jan 30, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost me on Jerry Brandon.
We're you here during the reign of Jerry And The Pirates?
If so, were you in a coma or were you one of the pirates?
We haven't had a good mayor since Brandon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State Rep Race 2 hr Voter 38
More good news for America and Democrats 8 hr Brassica Rapa 4
Stacey Abrams 11 hr Ebony 5
Hints to not get pulled over in Saint Marys Sat Thinking of moving 4
St Marys Cruise Terminal Sat who cares 6
Trump beats Obama in approval poll Sat Making America Great 3
Mr. Gabriel Kim Wants part of Mill Site Sat Voter 9

St. Marys Jobs

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages