Hospital Authority THEY LOSE
Joe

Saint Marys, GA

#123 May 2, 2013
Are you familiar with the Hospital Authorities Law?
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#124 May 2, 2013
When all else fails pull the race card. A non existing issue for sure. There is no excuse to scream racism and act like a n#gg last time I checked there was a black man in the white house. The days of discrimination are long gone.
St Marys Political Father

Saint Marys, GA

#125 May 2, 2013
"If public money was spent to provide fitness classes, elabarate dinners, entertainment and drinks will it be refunded?"

Yes, sometimes we may have appeared paternalistic but we have always done what we thought best for our "special" senior citizens of St Marys. Now everybody just settle down and relax. Maybe we did make a mistake here. If our internal investigation shows we did make a few mistakes we will take care of it. OK now that's it. We are having little side meetings to work this little problem out. Go home now and don't cause anymore problems.
Mentally Challenged

Kingsland, GA

#126 May 2, 2013
Anon wrote:
When all else fails pull the race card. A non existing issue for sure. There is no excuse to scream racism and act like a n#gg last time I checked there was a black man in the white house. The days of discrimination are long gone.
What f...ing naive planet do you live on?
Jamie Lynn

Saint Marys, GA

#127 May 2, 2013
Anon wrote:
Well now boy, all else has not failed. See you even start off wrong and the rest of what you say don't matter.

Exposing the Hospital Authority's misdeeds is anything but failed. Their worthless asses are on the run as they try to cover tracks of their misdeeds. The HA's time has come and gone. It is 7 years past time for the St Marys City Council to pull the plug on this useless Authority which has no legal reason for existing.
ANON

Kingsland, GA

#128 May 2, 2013
Whats unny as hell to me all ths shit started after one was not put on the HA an the other as let go by the hospitol after nearly killing a kid and not going by the rules
ANON

Kingsland, GA

#129 May 2, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Tommy, do you think his fees are solely a function of where he lives?
Do you think a local attorney would cut his fees as a matter of civic noblesse oblige?
Could you name some of the "shady crap" that this city council and this city manager have done?
Cleaning up messes from prior councils' actions does not count.
I have suggested that the entire $3 million be given to the tax-exempt organization that provides free medical care to folks in Camden.
Here is how:
1. City council recalls all current members of H.A for misfeasance.
2. City council (all except the Bookends, that is) appoint all new board members who are sworn to do two things:
A. Vote at first meeting to give away the $3 million as suggested.
B. Vote immediately thereafter to disband the authority.
C. All submit their resignations to the mayor, who should be present at the meting to accept them.
Sheezam! Problem solved.
Jay this is what I'm saying why pay a person from SSI when we had locals that would do it for less.
I have been to several meetings and when a guestion is askedto him by mayor mostly his response is "I'll check into it" not that I blame him when he gets paid by the hour.

now to the shady stuff:
1. They are allowing Roger Weaver to push this MHD crap knowing these people are breaking DNRlaws
2. They push this "keep it in camden" then send that kind of money to SSI
3. Look at woodbine,kingsland and county's leagal fees compared to ours.
4.They said could not pay water bond with splost now they can knowing thats the only way it would pass.
5. Then mr. morrisey says after I ask if the 1st 11 million was going to bond his word were that the city will get the money in 3 buckets of splost tax and that the first 1.5 million will go to bond on each bucket.
Jay you have a higher degree than i do so please exsplain how 1.5 million times 3 = 11 million. i think thats shady
6 mr. gant and post pushing for SPLOST while at city meetings
now with this HA money if they got their hands on it they would blow it and 1 of 2 things are going to happen
1 the city will say no to the seniors or the city will fund 95% of it at the taxpayers cost.

HONES do you think if the city had got the money back when the HA got it there would be more or less in that account.
I say the HA cuts a deal gives the city the ammount they got from the sale I think was around 800k let HA keep the money they earned from good investments continue helping seniors and the Spencers go find something else to fight for. How about our youth playing sports Jason. Your words to us back then was "Iwill not stop until a defib was at all rec. games" Now ya have them up there in atlanta incase your heart stops but not good enough for our kids.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#130 May 2, 2013
The HA should have been disbanded after the nursing home was sold, at a minimum. It probably should have been disbanded after the hospital closed down.

Council may have pissed the HA money away years ago, but not today. When the HA is disbanded - and it will be - the money will go to indigent care as the law requires - and has ALWAYS required.

I've explained to you previously that it was never stated by anyone other than you and a few other posters that 100% of the money from SPLOST should go to water/sewer debt service. In fact, I've explained why that would not be a good idea at least once on here if not more times. To recap: 100% to Water/Sewer WILL cause a millage increase to cover the other SPLOST eligible capital expenditures that were not covered in order stupidly bow to political pressure to put it all in W/S.

As to letting the HA keep the interest earned, should we make the same deal with bank robbers who have invested wisely in the intervening years between the heist and their later arrest?

How about embezzling county employees? Do they get that deal?

I see nothing whatsoever wrong with city officials "campaigning" for the passage of SPLOST during city council meetings. I would go so far as to say those who did not were remiss in their duties.
Tripp

Kingsland, GA

#131 May 2, 2013
Now here this, now here this. Give the money to the hospital and let them manage it. That is all.
Tommy Weaver

Kingsland, GA

#132 May 2, 2013
Jay Im not sure what your ballot had on it when you voted for it. My ballot said 11,000,000 would go toward water/sewer bond. so if you can tell us how 1.5 million 3 times = 11 million my math says it will only be 4.5.

Now you want to go by the law its against the law for any elected person to speak for or against SPLOST while on city meeting.

As far as the millage rate increase is not true.
When it was up in Glynn and Coffee counties the elected said the same as you are. The voters of both counties voted it down and neither county has had to raise millage rates. The voters said make the right cuts or will be voted out.
Some how both counties budgets lowered and the cities lowered also and lost no services.
So I never said all of it to go to debt butthe 11,000,000 that was on ballot.
hell i say we spend another 1,000,000 on Orange Hall.What a bang for the buck there.

Then on the bank robbery if they only steal 2 million invest it right and stay on run for 5 years by law the bank can only ask restution for the 2 mil plus intrest.

St. Marys, GA

#133 May 2, 2013
Tommy, I'm sure your memory is playing tricks on you regarding the ballot language.

I might be wrong, but I suspect $11,000 million IS all of it.

Did either Glynn or Coffee counties have the hugely underutilized sewer capacity that St.Marys has? Have they had the dramatic decline in property values that Camdedn has?
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#134 May 2, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Camdedn has?
$11B? We're talking real money. Have you forgotten what county we live in, genius?
Special White Senior

Saint Marys, GA

#135 May 2, 2013
I just want to say that I resemble all the remarks about having fun and enjoying all the elaborate dinners and entertainment paid for by my friends on the Hospital Authority. You should see me Zumba dance. Man I can cut a rug. My husband gets hot when he see me Zumba. Senior center is party central for me and my family. Thanks taxpayers.

I also want to say that segregation is not my fault. We have nothing against brown and black people, you know. That thing with the city pool a few years back; heck we didn't mean anybody harm. We try to not spred the word about the senior center too widly, if you know what I mean. We closed down our fun at the pool, hope we don't have to close down our fun at the senior center. People like to stay with their own kind. Other people get free things from the government, why not us?

I done a lot for this city over the years and now the city owes me and that is why I live downtown near city hall. I hope everyone else enjoy thier retirement years like we do at the senior center. Thanks taxpayers.
I Hate Splost

Kingsland, GA

#136 May 2, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Tommy, I'm sure your memory is playing tricks on you regarding the ballot language.
Did either Glynn or Coffee counties have the hugely underutilized sewer capacity that St.Marys has? Have they had the dramatic decline in property values that Camdedn has?
Estimated gross income for Splost 7 was over 18 million for the town of St. Marys. Over 60% or 11 million dollars was promised to pay off the water/sewer bond debt.

The 1.5 million was the bond interest increase.

In other words, as I predicted, the City will make the minimum bond interest payment never touching the principle and piss the rest away. Use splost 6 as an working example of broken promises from the five in the middle.

This water sewer bond debt will be hanging over the heads of St. Marys residents for generations to come. This will guarantee the passage of all further splosts.

Joe

Saint Marys, GA

#137 May 2, 2013
Joe wrote:
Are you familiar with the Hospital Authorities Law?
"(g) Hospital authorities created pursuant to this Code section shall have perpetual existence." There must be more.
Real Simple

Kingsland, GA

#138 May 2, 2013
"Did either Glynn or Coffee counties have the hugely underutilized sewer capacity that St.Marys has? Have they had the dramatic decline in property values that Camdedn has?"

Glynn and Coffee didn't have a council that took a risk gambling the tax payers money away on real estate cartel speculation.

The last five years of the recession had very little effect on the 17 thousand plus Sub Base workers. The passage of E-splost added another revenue stream. Camden County had more economic stability then the other two counties during the recession.

The real difference was the non-government jobs. Our JDA has done absolutely nothing while Glynn and Coffee has prospered.
Tommy Weaver

Kingsland, GA

#139 May 2, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Jay I gave you more credit than I should of i guess

retirement of general obliglation of general bond 11,000,000
equipment 2,503,375
inprovement of infructure4,327,918
total 17,831,293

Now Im going to guess that the citys website is playing tricks.
thats what was on ballot.
not sure about glynn but i get paid about every weekend from a guy from coffee and no they did not assume people were coming they built as needed. We can blame our oversized sewer on 2 of them sitting up there now and any others that is in realestate.

The whole country took a hit in the housing crash.
So now with my 2nd grade math question how does 1.5 million+ 1.5million +1.5 million = 11 million

See jay here is the kicker John Morrissey said in that budget meeting 1.5 million is going to go to new debt.
So now you explain to me what is new debt on a bond.
before i paid off my loan the only new debt on a loan is intrest.
Unless you have a line of credit on your home.

Jay ya can talk crap about my writing and english but you dont stand a snowballs chance in hell to beat me on math my debt is ZERO my credit rating last i checked was 804
Anon

United States

#140 May 3, 2013
Wildcat wrote:
Camden has always and will always be segregated. It was that way when I was in high school in the mid 90's. Sports was the only mix of races. The cafeteria was even split. With that being said I have never seen an act of racism here. Local blacks and local whites don't want to mix. Blacks are not at the senior center because they don't want to be there. Go to the rec center and count the blacks not on the b ball court. 0! There are seperate churches, stores, restaurants, and Masonic Lodges. That's just the way it is here. No one would have a problem with blacks at the senior center. But I guarantee you this, you will not find a group of blacks that want to go. I don't believe that the Hospital Auth is a group of elitists either. Flem, Betty, and Jim are common Southern people who are as local and down to earth as they get.
Just stop it!! We all know the purpose Betty Roberts serves on the board. It has a lot to do with the purpose her and her husband Getald have served for these SAME corrupt folks for years.

How many meetings have Betty attended in the last year? I know embarrassing, ain't it!! But her purpose is not to actually attend meeting and offer independent opinions!!
I Remember

Kingsland, GA

#141 May 3, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Just stop it!! We all know the purpose Betty Roberts serves on the board. It has a lot to do with the purpose her and her husband Getald have served for these SAME corrupt folks for years.
How many meetings have Betty attended in the last year? I know embarrassing, ain't it!! But her purpose is not to actually attend meeting and offer independent opinions!!
The debacle of the City pool in the nineties taught two valuable lessons.
1- How to properly lawyer up when there is a possibility the Judge is not in their back pocket.
2- The P/R value of a "Token".

St. Marys, GA

#142 May 3, 2013
"Jay this is what I'm saying why pay a person from SSI when we had locals that would do it for less."

Tommy, do you remember when we had a female attorney low bidder on city staff? Do you recall how that worked out?

Do you recall that she was the city attorney when Turtle and The Franks hired Stein to successfully intimidate and con the feckless St. Marys City Council of the time to agree to let the HA continue to exist and pretend they were obeying the consent order?

You get what you pay for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHY is USA BANKRUPT ? 18 min slippery path 37
Homework for mayor, council, and taxpayers. 54 min Ralph 11
Republican clowns on display 1 hr Moreno Jay 6
Alex Kearns is Running for City Council 2 hr Moreno Jay 135
Black lives matter 2 hr Moreno Jay 2
Giant Balloon Release to Celebrate Labor Day 3 hr Jorge 125
EarthKeepers Now Trying To Ban Balloon Memorial... 3 hr Organizer 157
More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages