Hospital Authority THEY LOSE
Local Joe

Kingsland, GA

#103 May 2, 2013
Race is not an issue here. Betty Roberts is black. We must remember that we are dealing with Spencers and their supporters. They are the same people that thought Ron Paul was electable. They are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. Their choice of lawyer and Jeremy's wife's behavior proved that. Every time we try to debate with one of them on here they dumb us down to their level and beat us with experience.
Wildcat

Kingsland, GA

#104 May 2, 2013
Camden has always and will always be segregated. It was that way when I was in high school in the mid 90's. Sports was the only mix of races. The cafeteria was even split. With that being said I have never seen an act of racism here. Local blacks and local whites don't want to mix. Blacks are not at the senior center because they don't want to be there. Go to the rec center and count the blacks not on the b ball court. 0! There are seperate churches, stores, restaurants, and Masonic Lodges. That's just the way it is here. No one would have a problem with blacks at the senior center. But I guarantee you this, you will not find a group of blacks that want to go. I don't believe that the Hospital Auth is a group of elitists either. Flem, Betty, and Jim are common Southern people who are as local and down to earth as they get.
non issue

Kingsland, GA

#105 May 2, 2013
There are four or five regular attendees of the day programs who are black. A very nice black couple routinely enjoy the activities.

Three of the Zumba instructors are black and up to a forth of the Zumba regulars are black, depending on the class.

This discussion is baseless and ridiculous. It confirms to me that the recent HA controversy is agenda based and contrived. Shameful.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#106 May 2, 2013
The agenda has been written about in the Times, Tribune, and Brunswick News- Jeremy's wimp brother Jason could not get on the HA. Nothing started until that happened.
Equal Government Access

Kingsland, GA

#107 May 2, 2013
The Hospital Authority is a serious legal, racial, social and political mess. The bigger problem for the voters of St Marys is the gutless and clueless St Marys City Council. Where were they these past seven years?

The problem is about the misuse of public funds by and for a handful of downtown "special" white seniors. They knew what they were doing.
Now that they have been exposed they will spin it anyways they can to cover and hide. Over $3,000,000,00 is a large amount of public money to be in the hands of elite "special" downtown white seniors when it appears they have no intent or purpose but to serve themselves using public funds. It looks like an exclusive private club financed with public funds.

The purpose of the Hospital Authority ended about seven years ago. Why is it still around? Poor government in St Marys is a tradition, but this takes it to a new level.

Those paying high property tax and high water and sewer bills must rise up and vote out those responsible or the finanical and political rape will continue.
Truth Hurts

Kingsland, GA

#108 May 2, 2013
Anon wrote:
The agenda has been written about in the Times, Tribune, and Brunswick News- Jeremy's wimp brother Jason could not get on the HA. Nothing started until that happened.
Seeking public office is not a crime: misuse of public money is a crime.

“Make St. Marys great again! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#109 May 2, 2013
Face it, when you are caught with your hand in the cookie jar, telling mom you were taking the cookies to the poor old lady next door is not exculpatory.
Tommy Weaver

Kingsland, GA

#110 May 2, 2013
jay, lust asking who would you trust with the cookie jar more the HA or polictians.
you know im right if the poictians had their hands on it that account would be closed because of a -0-balance.
so think about this the HA pays for the SC when tht money is blown on some downtown project. are you ready to let the seniors pay for our elected pipedreams. I looked at FY13 buget and it only cost the city a small amount. When the goverment gets their hands on it the buget will go out the roof because you know the elected will never say no to them.

Now in the meantime Jason is going to spend all his efforts in office to take from seniors but could not get defebulactor for our kids.
This is after we lost one of our local kids passed at a baseball game.

I was their when Jason told us he would not stop until he got that bill passed.
You make me sick

Saint Marys, GA

#111 May 2, 2013
Wildcat wrote:
Camden has always and will always be segregated. It was that way when I was in high school in the mid 90's. Sports was the only mix of races. The cafeteria was even split. With that being said I have never seen an act of racism here. Local blacks and local whites don't want to mix. Blacks are not at the senior center because they don't want to be there. Go to the rec center and count the blacks not on the b ball court. 0! There are seperate churches, stores, restaurants, and Masonic Lodges. That's just the way it is here. No one would have a problem with blacks at the senior center. But I guarantee you this, you will not find a group of blacks that want to go. I don't believe that the Hospital Auth is a group of elitists either. Flem, Betty, and Jim are common Southern people who are as local and down to earth as they get.
Sure life was wonderful as long as you weren't bused to Woodbine for a third world education.

But Hell who needed an education knowing the Mill's highest paid black wage was less than the lowest white wage.

High school in the nineties? Remember when that educated uppity black lady lawyer-ed up to force your Authority to allow her and her family access to your segregated downtown pool.

Times have changed but not the elitist.

anon

Kingsland, GA

#112 May 2, 2013
Tommy Weaver wrote:
jay, lust asking who would you trust with the cookie jar more the HA or polictians.
you know im right if the poictians had their hands on it that account would be closed because of a -0-balance.
so think about this the HA pays for the SC when tht money is blown on some downtown project. are you ready to let the seniors pay for our elected pipedreams. I looked at FY13 buget and it only cost the city a small amount. When the goverment gets their hands on it the buget will go out the roof because you know the elected will never say no to them.
Now in the meantime Jason is going to spend all his efforts in office to take from seniors but could not get defebulactor for our kids.
This is after we lost one of our local kids passed at a baseball game.
I was their when Jason told us he would not stop until he got that bill passed.

This type of reasoning reflects what is wrong with St Marys. IF IT IS ILLEGAL, DON'T DO IT. FOLLOW THE LAW STUPID. No wonder St Marys legal bills are so high!!!
anon

Kingsland, GA

#113 May 2, 2013
They make me sick too.

"Remember when that educated uppity black lady lawyer-up to force your Authority to allow her and her family access to your segregated downtown pool. Times have changed but not the elitist."

Same old St Marys: those who gave us a bad name in the past still do today. The same old downtown group slurping at the public teat.

Question: Are some of the "special" white seniors who where involved in the segregated downtown pool incident also involved in this current Senior Center mess? Did they just move the "special" club to another location and change the activities.

A private club funded with public tax money is wrong and illegal.
Neglected Sub Divisions

Kingsland, GA

#114 May 2, 2013
It is time to move St Marys City Hall out of the downtown area and to the center of the city where it can serve all citizens equally.
Tommy Weaver

Kingsland, GA

#115 May 2, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
This type of reasoning reflects what is wrong with St Marys. IF IT IS ILLEGAL, DON'T DO IT. FOLLOW THE LAW STUPID. No wonder St Marys legal bills are so high!!!
The last I checked I do follow the law. I think the goverment should start following the law. Our leaga bill is so high because they voted to hire a person from outside and he could careless of what we taxpayers have to pay and the council/city manager does so much shady crap that he may as well shut his office on SSI.

St. Marys, GA

#116 May 2, 2013
Tommy, do you think his fees are solely a function of where he lives?

Do you think a local attorney would cut his fees as a matter of civic noblesse oblige?

Could you name some of the "shady crap" that this city council and this city manager have done?

Cleaning up messes from prior councils' actions does not count.

I have suggested that the entire $3 million be given to the tax-exempt organization that provides free medical care to folks in Camden.

Here is how:

1. City council recalls all current members of H.A for misfeasance.

2. City council (all except the Bookends, that is) appoint all new board members who are sworn to do two things:

A. Vote at first meeting to give away the $3 million as suggested.

B. Vote immediately thereafter to disband the authority.

C. All submit their resignations to the mayor, who should be present at the meting to accept them.

Sheezam! Problem solved.

St. Marys, GA

#117 May 2, 2013
Okay, three things. :-)
Anne Rule

Kingsland, GA

#118 May 2, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Do you think a local attorney would cut his fees as a matter of civic noblesse oblige?
Could you name some of the "shady crap" that this city council and this city manager have done?
I have suggested that the entire $3 million be given to the tax-exempt organization that provides free medical care to folks in Camden.
Here is how:
2. City council (all except the Bookends, that is) appoint all new board members who are sworn to do two things:
C. All submit their resignations to the mayor, who should be present at the meting to accept them.
Sheezam! Problem solved.
By jove it looks like you got it Moreno. One more thing needs to be done to prevent this type of activity from continuing: move City Hall out of the downtown area so the old downtown hogs and sows can't attend Council meetings to easy and scare the gutless Council.
ReadNWeep

Kingsland, GA

#119 May 2, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Here is how:
Sheezam! Problem solved.
Unfortunately, the city council can't "give away" the money to some place in Camden other than St. Marys. That is what the law states. See OCGA 31-7-75.1(a). It states..."money in that trust fund SHALL be used EXCLUSIVELY for funding the provision of hospital care for the indigent RESIDENTS of the POLITICAL SUBDIVISION which owned the hospital or by which the authority was activated or for which the authority was created."

If the council assumes the oversight of the trust from the authority (by dissolution), the Council still has to follow OCGA 31-7-75.1(a) and the judge's order or they will be in the same pickle the hospital authority is in.

Spencer will have to get that part of the law changed to allow the city to recover the money from the trust if the city is to use the money other than what the law and court order dictates.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#120 May 2, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
All submit their resignations to the mayor, who should be present at the meting to accept them.
Sheezam! Problem solved.
"Meting?" Did you mean to write "mating?" It's a conspiracy!
Joe

Kingsland, GA

#121 May 2, 2013
Local Joe wrote:
Race is not an issue here. Betty Roberts is black. We must remember that we are dealing with Spencers and their supporters. They are the same people that thought Ron Paul was electable. They are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. Their choice of lawyer and Jeremy's wife's behavior proved that. Every time we try to debate with one of them on here they dumb us down to their level and beat us with experience.
what does all this stuff mean from the Attorney General? "We disagree with Spencer, he's a nut?" I'm thinking you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#122 May 2, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Here is how:
Sheezam! Problem solved.
You are just whistling up another fairy tale, Jay. None of what you suggest can happen or will happen. Once again you have proven that you have no idea what you are ting about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breaking News: Bikers for Hillary are on their ... 3 min Joe 4
Way to go JDA 23 min Really 42
Another Trump myth crushed 50 min Jorge 4
Clinton camp laughs off questions about press c... 51 min Jorge 4
Black Lives Mater to invade St.Marys this weekend. 55 min LMAO 305
2016 City Council Election 1 hr Laughing Bob 60
Trump can't keep his "stories" straight 5 hr Tex 1

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance