Hospital Authority THEY LOSE
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#327 May 11, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, let me try this one more time.
Once the city decides to from an "Authority" (of any kind and as distinguished from a board or committee) and the State Rep of the time pushes it through the legislature to final approval, it is like the moment the lightning brings Frankenstein's monster to life.
That's right. The council cannot kill it legislatively nor can they control it or its actions including expenditures.
The council loses all power to effect an "authority," save one: the power to nominate and appoint members of the authority.
Ergo, the ONLY way the council can kill the Hospital Authority is to vote a lack of confidence in the entire current board, recall them, then replace them with a slate of board candidates sworn to
first donate the money to the locale 501(c)(3) providing indigent care in Camden then, on their second vote, vote to dissolve the Hospital Authority.
This MUST be done NOW, before the next city election in November.
Right now, the only two votes against would be Bird and Mr. Rindy Howell.
Jay...you keep pushing Sidney's buttons and he is going to beat the crap out of you! I would love to see it happen too. Don't think you are gonna pull a gun on him...I think he would be you to the draw.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#328 May 11, 2013
Telling it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Jay...you keep pushing Sidney's buttons and he is going to beat the crap out of you! I think he would be you ...
Definitely would not want to be you.

“Make St. Marys great again! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#329 May 11, 2013
He's not too bright, but he's not stupid.
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#330 May 11, 2013
You know...he says the same thing about you. He knows you aren't stupid enough to confront him. I wish you would flip that stupid...I would love to see him deck your ass.
Tom

Kingsland, GA

#331 May 11, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
He's not too bright, but he's not stupid.
My bet is that you will be silent when around him.
Tom

Kingsland, GA

#332 May 11, 2013
The city council meeting would not be a good place to make a scene, all I see is you going to the slammer.
flip flop

Kingsland, GA

#333 May 11, 2013
Tom wrote:
The city council meeting would not be a good place to make a scene, all I see is you going to the slammer.
He's been there before. Don't get me laughing. My wife brought me a frosty and I don't want to screw up her laptop.
anon

Kingsland, GA

#334 May 11, 2013
Paul Parsons wrote:
It it so sad that a worthless council with no political courage allows non elected authorities to misuse public tax revenue.
Without some honor and political courage on city council; St Marys will be run by those on council to protect their own financial interest. It appears there is not one altruistic person on council.
It appears no one on council is looking out for the majority of tax paying homeowners.
Untrustworthy, dirty and without political courage: what a way to have to discribe your government. But it is true.

St. Marys, GA

#335 Jun 1, 2013
The real cajones test will come Monday night, June 3rd.

This from the agenda:

VI. PRESENTATION:
BOARD ANNOUNCEMENTS (TERM EXPIRATIONS):
1. Hospital Authority (Betty Roberts, Frank Frasca, Colby Stilson, Gail Eaton)

Will the council have the cajones to recruit and vote-in new candidates sworn to vote to disband the hospital authority?
Truth

Saint Marys, GA

#336 Jun 1, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
This from the agenda:
VI. PRESENTATION:
Will the council have the cajones to recruit and vote-in new candidates sworn to vote to disband the hospital authority?
Let me think real hard...No.

For the love of God this gutless council can't make a stand on any issue unless first paying for a new study.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#337 Jun 1, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
This from the agenda:
VI. PRESENTATION:
A vote by the Authority to disband would be meaningless. The Authority was formed by vote of the Georgia state legislature and can only be disbanded by their vote. The legislature will not consider a vote to disband unless it is requested by the City Council.

That said, the appointments will be interesting. Some, perhaps many, will be loath to volunteer due to the present problems. The appointments will not be made until the second meeting in June. I expect Jeremy to volunteer again and be rejected again. Frasca will, without doubt, throw in his hat.
flip flop

Kingsland, GA

#338 Jun 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me think real hard...No.
For the love of God this gutless council can't make a stand on any issue unless first paying for a new study.
The council is running the city as they see fit. If you don't like it, the remedy is through the ballot box. This November you have the opportunity to change the Mayor and half the council.

Out.

St. Marys, GA

#339 Jun 1, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
A vote by the Authority to disband would be meaningless. The Authority was formed by vote of the Georgia state legislature and can only be disbanded by their vote. The legislature will not consider a vote to disband unless it is requested by the City Council.
That said, the appointments will be interesting. Some, perhaps many, will be loath to volunteer due to the present problems. The appointments will not be made until the second meeting in June. I expect Jeremy to volunteer again and be rejected again. Frasca will, without doubt, throw in his hat.
Please give a cite to support your contention that the hospital authority can not vote to disband itself and be disbanded.
No Faith in Gvmt

Kingsland, GA

#340 Jun 1, 2013
The voters of St Marys are addicted to political abuse. They will continue to elect and appoint officials who lack the courage or will to represent all citizens within the city. Council always bends to the will of a small but vocal minority of downtown bloodsuckers. Voters from the outlying sub-divisions like paying these officials to give them a good ole fashion financial screwing.
Really

Saint Marys, GA

#341 Jun 1, 2013
No Faith in Gvmt wrote:
The voters of St Marys are addicted to political abuse. They will continue to elect and appoint officials who lack the courage or will to represent all citizens within the city. Council always bends to the will of a small but vocal minority of downtown bloodsuckers. Voters from the outlying sub-divisions like paying these officials to give them a good ole fashion financial screwing.
After considerable thought it dawned on me why they bend in favor of downtown bloodsuckers and ignore outlying sub-divisions.

They like being Big Shots. Their social circle is full of bloodsuckers. At the end of the day who pats them on the back and kisses their ass's? Being King and Queen of the weekend social gatherings can be quite rewarding.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#342 Jun 1, 2013
The HA gets to vote on who the members are. All the council does is select 3 appointees for each position. Nothing will change. Spencers lose again. Hey Jeremy tell us why Jsson is not at the hospital? It is scary that some whacko like Jeremy teaches our kids.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#343 Jun 1, 2013
All of the board members whose time is up will stay on the board. No one is leaving. Eat shiz Spencers. Jeremy the unelectable and unappointable loser.
Fire Them All

Saint Marys, GA

#344 Jun 1, 2013
Anon wrote:
All of the board members whose time is up will stay on the board. No one is leaving. Eat shiz Spencers. Jeremy the unelectable and unappointable loser.
Doesn't matter about right or wrong when the mentally challenged think their sticking someone in the eye.

St. Marys, GA

#345 Jun 1, 2013
Anon wrote:
The HA gets to vote on who the members are. All the council does is select 3 appointees for each position. Nothing will change. Spencers lose again. Hey Jeremy tell us why Jsson is not at the hospital? It is scary that some whacko like Jeremy teaches our kids.
Actually, the state law says that the first time the city presents them with city nominated candidates, the HA can either vote to accept some or all of them or reject some or all of them.

However, if they reject ALL of them, the next slate the city submits MUSY be approved by the HA. Look it up. I did. O.C.G.A.

So, just keep submitting people who are sworn to donate the money to a charitable medical care provider and shut down the board. It will take a couple of cycles, but it will work.

St. Marys, GA

#346 Jun 1, 2013
MUST be approved

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats groan after Bill Clinton meets Lorett... 54 min LonePalm 2
I feel so much safer now 56 min Gunny 2
The fix is in 58 min Really 2
Ever hear of Vigo County Indiana? You can bet C... 1 hr LonePalm 1
St Marys Event Planner...NOT 1 hr Billy 126
A few questions for our local liberals 2 hr LonePalm 1
My portfolio has already 100% recovered 3 hr Capt Obvious 4

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance