anon

Saint Marys, GA

#224 May 7, 2013
Walter B wrote:
<quoted text>
How many more unelected Authorities, Boards or Committees in St Marys have undiscovered slush funds for illegal use by "special" friends or family?
Information like that is not made public. The public can't handle the truth. The best clue you will get is via a property tax increase and a water and sewer rate increase. Watch this power hungry Council, they are thinking about sticking it to us again.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#225 May 7, 2013
Fabulous wrote:
"Telling it like it is" has a Moreno/Kearns style infatuation with Mr Stein. Must be weird to be that obsessed. From the vulgarity and the nonsense babble I think its safe to assume this is the same lady that defended the twins (white trash style) at the council meeting.
Does this lady have a name?

Did she speak at last night's council meeting?

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#226 May 7, 2013
You can bet that this will not be settled in court until just after the upcoming St. Marys city elections.

While this is in fact a legitimate issue, and while the law is clearly on Rep. Spencer's side, the timing is absolutely perfect for this to be used by brother Jeremy as a wedge issue in a run for council or the mayor's seat.

Don't be surprised if he is not the only one to use it.

You might well see a Tea Party slate this year.
Hammer Time

Enfield, IL

#227 May 7, 2013
Telling it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
He hasnt got the best of anyone.#1 I never said the money was lost by the HA...with that being said why did they freeze any spending from the account, smart ass? So, I wasnt wrong from a certain point of view.#2 I dont have a hard on for Stein,I just know a crooked old man when I see one that has been hiding behind a law degree for a long time and it's time for him to be shown for who he really is.#3 He isnt under my skin.Far from it actually. I think you just need to shut the hell up.
No doubt, you are obsessed to say the least. Bottom line is this, the city approves the HA last night, they will settle the law suit with the HA without court completely agreeing to their terms. The state won't touch it they don't have a dog in the fight. Not too mention they despise Spencer in Atlanta too. Jason will try to get legislation passed but he can't. The seniors in St Mary's will continue to be helped. The Spencers will be done politically. End of story
Leberatarian

Saint Marys, GA

#228 May 7, 2013
Hammer Time wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt, you are obsessed to say the least. Bottom line is this, the city approves the HA last night, they will settle the law suit with the HA without court completely agreeing to their terms. The state won't touch it they don't have a dog in the fight. Not too mention they despise Spencer in Atlanta too. Jason will try to get legislation passed but he can't. The seniors in St Mary's will continue to be helped. The Spencers will be done politically. End of story
In other words if you are right. St Marys will continue their old corrupt ways; and Atlanta will continue their own corrupt ways.

Corrupt governments can't last forever. Are you saying the people of St Marys and Georgia have nothing else to look forward to but the government's self distruction and demise?

VOTE LIBERATARIAN; less government, more freedom.
St Marys SUX

Saint Marys, GA

#229 May 7, 2013
Hammer Time wrote:
<quoted text>
The seniors in St Mary's will continue to be helped.
Such arrogance, such smug contempt for honest government. Yet this type of person is typical of those who have controlled St Marys for decades.

You mean them "special" white seniors don't you? Less that one per cent of the seniors of St Marys knew about or used the St Marys Senior Center (club) and that it provides Zumba Dance Lessons, elaborate dinners and entertainment all at the expense of the tax payer.

If the word gets out and too many "non-special" non-white undesirable type seniors show up the city will shut it down.
A "special" private club at public expense is beyond corupt.

Or maybe a non-white "non-special" senior who is unlawfully excluded will file suit for admission: shades of the swimming pool incident a few years back that resulted in its closing!!!
Liberatarian

Saint Marys, GA

#230 May 7, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
You can bet that this will not be settled in court until just after the upcoming St. Marys city elections.
While this is in fact a legitimate issue, and while the law is clearly on Rep. Spencer's side, the timing is absolutely perfect for this to be used by brother Jeremy as a wedge issue in a run for council or the mayor's seat.
Don't be surprised if he is not the only one to use it.
You might well see a Tea Party slate this year.
You may be right. All St Marys has done previously is to replace one corrupt group with another. It is past time the majority of St Marys, Georgia and the United States reolize that government is not your friend.

The only answer is to VOTE LIBERATARIAN; less government and more freedom.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#231 May 7, 2013
Fabulous wrote:
"Telling it like it is" has a Moreno/Kearns style infatuation with Mr Stein. Must be weird to be that obsessed. From the vulgarity and the nonsense babble I think its safe to assume this is the same lady that defended the twins (white trash style) at the council meeting.
Let me give you a hint. You have already figured out the identity of "Telling it like it is." Now the hint---Stein supported and promoted Adam Jacobson against Jason Spencer in the last primary election.
Ralph

Saint Marys, GA

#232 May 7, 2013
St. Marys is on a very bad road of self destruction. If they raise the water and sewage rates again most of the small businesses will simply close the doors.
Ralph

Saint Marys, GA

#233 May 7, 2013
The few dollars they may pick up from the Hospital Authority will amount to little more than piss off a few more people. There is a limit to how much people are going to take before they leave the area.
Mostly Right

Kingsland, GA

#234 May 7, 2013
St Marys SUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Such arrogance, such smug contempt for honest government. Yet this type of person is typical of those who have controlled St Marys for decades.
You mean them "special" white seniors don't you? Less that one per cent of the seniors of St Marys knew about or used the St Marys Senior Center (club) and that it provides Zumba Dance Lessons, elaborate dinners and entertainment all at the expense of the tax payer.
If the word gets out and too many "non-special" non-white undesirable type seniors show up the city will shut it down.
A "special" private club at public expense is beyond corupt.
Or maybe a non-white "non-special" senior who is unlawfully excluded will file suit for admission: shades of the swimming pool incident a few years back that resulted in its closing!!!
The exception being the pool didn't close. The authority instead of making it a truly public pool removed itself from any responsibility by throwing the keys on the steps of City Hall. It was just a coincidence the City decided on a aquatic park with a hefty usage fee.

So we have two water recreation facilities just like when we had two high schools.
Ralph

Saint Marys, GA

#235 May 7, 2013
I hate to see the City Council get their hands on any more money. They will just piss it away. I hope Stein will prevail.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#236 May 7, 2013
Ralph wrote:
I hate to see the City Council get their hands on any more money. They will just piss it away. I hope Stein will prevail.
Okay.

How about if the money goes DIRECTLY from the HA's account into the account of the local provider of indigent care?

What's the name of that group of volunteer doctors and nurses and others that runs a free clinic?
Indigent Patient

Jacksonville, FL

#237 May 7, 2013
This Zumba-Gate thing is absolutely disgraceful. Thanks Rep Spencer for exposing and letting the public know about Zumba-Gate.
Telling it like it is

Denver, CO

#238 May 7, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me give you a hint. You have already figured out the identity of "Telling it like it is." Now the hint---Stein supported and promoted Adam Jacobson against Jason Spencer in the last primary election.
WELL GUESS WHAT...You are wrong again. Sorry, keep guessing.As far as the possibility of Jeremy running for office Jay, you're waaaaaay off your mark. He isnt going to run ...doesnt want to run.. he isnt going to run and you really need to let that go because you look like the idiot that you really are when you say that. Seriously, you need to stop saying that because it isnt true.The only person in this fight that is that power hungry is Stein.
Zumba Gate

Saint Marys, GA

#239 May 7, 2013
When a government is doing illegal things it no longer deserves the respect, support and recognition of the people.

Indeed, the people are obligated to resist, fight, ignore, disrespect and correct the government in any way they can.

An illegal government is beyond contempt. A government becomes illegal when it knowingly engages in illegal activities.

Governments exist to serve people, people do not exist to support governments.
Jimmy

Kingsland, GA

#241 May 7, 2013
Telling it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL GUESS WHAT...You are wrong again. Sorry, keep guessing.As far as the possibility of Jeremy running for office Jay, you're waaaaaay off your mark. He isnt going to run ...doesnt want to run.. he isnt going to run and you really need to let that go because you look like the idiot that you really are when you say that. Seriously, you need to stop saying that because it isnt true.The only person in this fight that is that power hungry is Stein.
If Jeremy has decided to forgo another run for public office, he has made a wise decision. Look what repeated losses have done to Jay.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#242 May 7, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay.
How about if the money goes DIRECTLY from the HA's account into the account of the local provider of indigent care?
What's the name of that group of volunteer doctors and nurses and others that runs a free clinic?
Are you referring to the clinic Jason works for?
RINO DEM Activist

Saint Marys, GA

#243 May 7, 2013
Zumba Gate wrote:
When a government is doing illegal things it no longer deserves the respect, support and recognition of the people.
Indeed, the people are obligated to resist, fight, ignore, disrespect and correct the government in any way they can.
An illegal government is beyond contempt. A government becomes illegal when it knowingly engages in illegal activities.
Governments exist to serve people, people do not exist to support governments.
I disagree. Governments are people too.
Anon

United States

#244 May 7, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peacekeepers is here 19 min Jay Moreno 2
Vandals hit downtown SM 33 min Jay Moreno 15
City should distance themselves from the Earthk... 44 min Jay Moreno 79
New pen names for Jay... 1 hr Fat Chicken 8
Jan 20th City Council Meeting 1 hr Closed Doors 19
Is the Recycling Program a Sham 1 hr FduhEarthKeepers 22
Any Local alternatives to EarthKeepers 1 hr FduhEarthKeepers 45
St. Marys Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web