st marys sail boats ?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
miami

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Feb 11, 2013
how many half to sink before we run the free loaders off . the count is 9 . was 14 not long ago.
nobs

Saint Augustine, FL

#2 Feb 11, 2013
So, only sailboats sink?
AUC

Since: May 10

Atlanta, GA

#3 Feb 11, 2013
Your logic stinks why are you attacking sailboats go to the stink pots!
miami

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Feb 11, 2013
nobs wrote:
So, only sailboats sink?
that s what is all over are marshes sunk sail boats.
nobs

Saint Augustine, FL

#5 Feb 11, 2013
miami wrote:
<quoted text>that s what is all over are marshes sunk sail boats.
So, all of the powerboats that have sunk are... Imaginary?

What a foolish argument you're trying to make.
WTF

Kingsland, GA

#6 Feb 11, 2013
nobs wrote:
<quoted text>
So, all of the powerboats that have sunk are... Imaginary?
What a foolish argument you're trying to make.
Tell or show me a powerboat in St.Marys waterfront that has gonedown unattended. I have been here from 68 and can only think of 3 powerboats that sunk in camden county without owners getting out. 2 shrimpboats in brickhill 1 shrip boat on outside of north jetty it was a shrimp boat also.you take a ride downtown and you can see 6 in last 4 years all sailboats. So his foolish argument is valid that fishermen cares more for the water than sailboaters or cruisers that they like to be called
nobs

Saint Augustine, FL

#7 Feb 12, 2013
Sure, a 32' Carver went down at Lang's last year. And a 40' party boat sank a few years ago, it's partially broken up now. I wasn't aware of the ones you mentioned.

When Beryl hit, about 15 sailboats broke loose, a fair amount of those were docked at Lang's. At least one of the sailboats on the marsh is from Lang's. As far as I know, all but two or three were recovered within a couple of weeks after that storm.

In Fernandina there are several sunken boats, about half are powerboats. It's an invalid argument to say that only sailboats get abandoned and sink.

You say:

"So his foolish argument is valid that fishermen cares more for the water than sailboaters or cruisers that they like to be called"

I couldn't disagree more. The vast majority of cruisers are fisherman and have a great deal of respect for the environment. Sure, there are some bad apples. But that's true for any group of people imaginable.

Maybe you should make an effort to meet some of the cruisers, and get to know them a bit. Maybe you'll have a newfound respect for them, if only you keep an open mind.
WTF

Kingsland, GA

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Nobs I have met several everyone thinks the are better boaters than myself. At the south-end of brickhill river is wher I've met most of them when they are sitting on that sandbar. In the past I would slow down to check on them but after several of those cruisers have about sent their wake over my stearn and never slow down .I just yell at them and say you need water to float. For you to say they are fishermen is just plain stupid I have been down here for a few years and never seen a sailboat buying bait or tackel. You have several claim they are but go ask james at the baitshop how many has he ever sold to pulling a sail boat.
miami

Saint Marys, GA

#9 Feb 12, 2013
nobs wrote:
Sure, a 32' Carver went down at Lang's last year. And a 40' party boat sank a few years ago, it's partially broken up now. I wasn't aware of the ones you mentioned.
When Beryl hit, about 15 sailboats broke loose, a fair amount of those were docked at Lang's. At least one of the sailboats on the marsh is from Lang's. As far as I know, all but two or three were recovered within a couple of weeks after that storm.
In Fernandina there are several sunken boats, about half are powerboats. It's an invalid argument to say that only sailboats get abandoned and sink.
You say:
"So his foolish argument is valid that fishermen cares more for the water than sailboaters or cruisers that they like to be called"
I couldn't disagree more. The vast majority of cruisers are fisherman and have a great deal of respect for the environment. Sure, there are some bad apples. But that's true for any group of people imaginable.
Maybe you should make an effort to meet some of the cruisers, and get to know them a bit. Maybe you'll have a newfound respect for them, if only you keep an open mind.
if they new beyrl was coming why did they not go up the river they just wanted insuance money.dam freeloaders.
nobs

Saint Augustine, FL

#10 Feb 12, 2013
WTF wrote:
Nobs I have met several everyone thinks the are better boaters than myself. At the south-end of brickhill river is wher I've met most of them when they are sitting on that sandbar. In the past I would slow down to check on them but after several of those cruisers have about sent their wake over my stearn and never slow down .I just yell at them and say you need water to float. For you to say they are fishermen is just plain stupid I have been down here for a few years and never seen a sailboat buying bait or tackel. You have several claim they are but go ask james at the baitshop how many has he ever sold to pulling a sail boat.
Yes, it's the sailboats that are so bad about leaving a large wake... Oh wait, no it's not. It's the powerboats that speed around that do.

Yet again, I'm glad you continue to spew bullshit like this. Nobody can take the likes of you seriously.
nobs

Saint Augustine, FL

#11 Feb 12, 2013
miami wrote:
<quoted text> if they new beyrl was coming why did they not go up the river they just wanted insuance money.dam freeloaders.
Really? That's your brilliant conclusion?

What a fool you are.
WTF

Kingsland, GA

#12 Feb 12, 2013
nobs you may want to go sit in the ICW. 90% of the boats that we call "bank busters" are the cruisers/plessure boats that are driven by snow birds.So go back ang reread my post and I never said sailboat.
Then I'll guess and sat 95% of sailboats do not have any sails up coming down the ICW.
the SMYC put themselves in that class with cruisers.Thats because half cant or wont sail its to much work.

For miami point incurance companies will not let them go into fl hurricane season so they do sit in our rivers until then.
You may want to buy a rod-reelbuy some bait go sit and see what comes up and down that ICW
nobs

Saint Augustine, FL

#13 Feb 13, 2013
Do you know why 95% of sailboats don't have sails up cruising the ICW? It's because maneuverability is VERY limited under sail power alone. As a matter of fact, it's illegal for a sailboat equipped with a motor to sail through an open drawbridge.

WTF you are correct to a point about the insurance. Most companies restrict boats to a certain latitude, I can't remember what it is. But St Marys is too far south, and their insurance is invalid. I've heard of cruisers that have had to go up to Brunswick or even further north to keep their insurance.
WTF

Kingsland, GA

#14 Feb 14, 2013
nobs there is the Atlantic ocean not 2 miles from the ICW go sail out there.Unless they just put one up in last 2 weeks no draw bridge from north jetty to downtown. Heck come to think of Jykell Island is only draw I can think of on this end of state.
As far as the insurance its the ga/fl line
nobs

Saint Augustine, FL

#15 Feb 14, 2013
There you go again, proving your ignorance.
WTF

Kingsland, GA

#16 Feb 14, 2013
Please tell me how that is ignorance yo said they did not sail because its easier to drive with motor and against the law for a drawbidge.
unless you are lost the atlantic ocean is just east of the ICW. ther are zero draw bridges out there none that i have ever seen.When I'm fishing kingfish tournaments its faster to run the ocean unless its rough and shorter.
Trust me not very many around this part of ga. knows the frontwaters or backwaters better than I do There are a few oldtimers still around that do but only a few i am getting to that old state
nobs

Saint Augustine, FL

#17 Feb 14, 2013
I can tell that you know nothing about sailing, cruising, or sailors.
Buckwheat

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#18 Feb 15, 2013
I have met a lot of sail boaters in my years here and 98% of them have been Very nice people and Helpful ! Everyone Will take something for nothing that's a way of life! I have been on some sail boats and it is a great way of travel for someone who can do it!Not everyone has a lot of $$ to do things and sailing is a cheaper way to travel (with gas prices the way they are) unless something breaks like anything else.
Tapped Out

United States

#19 Feb 15, 2013
Buckwheat wrote:
I have met a lot of sail boaters in my years here and 98% of them have been Very nice people and Helpful ! Everyone Will take something for nothing that's a way of life
You made the point. They are taking tax dollars from the local tax payers. Go live off someone else.
WTF

Kingsland, GA

#20 Feb 15, 2013
nobs wrote:
I can tell that you know nothing about sailing, cruising, or sailors.
I know nothing about boating altogether thats why I have a USCG captains licsense and making alot of extra money and you are tied up to the city boat house freeloading off of taxpayers.

John come on start paying your bills. I thought you were going to crooked river to stay . what was the park going to cgarge you to use the parks dock or did jack say hell no to you freeloading off of him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clear sailing to the WH now!!! 6 hr Really 3
Dept of Defense sick of Republicans - and say so 6 hr Democrats beware 3
Governor vetos Georgia's Campus Carry legislation 8 hr Enough already 1
Trump is a Genius 9 hr Hillarys Next 161
Congratulatrions, Judge Guy! 10 hr LMAO 24
So who is it? 13 hr Whizzer 12
Why are rioters with faces covered not arrested? 16 hr Moreno Jay 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages