Steelaway is not leaving Part 2

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Fazzio Anne Stone

Cordele, GA

#1 Apr 20, 2013
We, and many members of this community, feel our traditional sailing vessel is an asset to this community. Yes, we dump our trash for free. That is a small consideration for our presence. But if this is a significant problem for you all, we will try to find a way to pay for this.
Here's how we were raised. If someone has a personal beef, they go to that person and, man to man work it out. If a law has been broken, call the appropriate authority. If the appropriate authority does not do their job, the fault lies with them and no one else.
Now, you all can either come see us, one on one, if you have a personal beef, and we will show you any and every document/receipt we can get our hands on and take you around so you can inspect every inch of our vessel, otherwise decease and desist harassing us and call the appropriate authority.
Due to your actions of libel and slander, you all have marred the image of St. Marys, GA which has resulted in defamation and loss of income for St. Marys, Camden County, the state of Georgia and infringed upon the rights of American citizens of the United States of America. You all have done harm to our livelihood even though we are totally legal. We find this disturbing, distasteful and shameful. We really don't care what you think about us, but we really think you all owe the citizens of St. Marys and Camden County, GA a formal apology for your actions and behavior.
Anon

United States

#2 Apr 20, 2013
Kiss our local ass. How bout that. Give up the people around here like you crap.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#3 Apr 20, 2013
John Fazzio Anne Stone wrote:
We, and many members of this community, feel our traditional sailing vessel is an asset to this community. Yes, we dump our trash for free. That is a small consideration for our presence. But if this is a significant problem for you all, we will try to find a way to pay for this.
Here's how we were raised. If someone has a personal beef, they go to that person and, man to man work it out. If a law has been broken, call the appropriate authority. If the appropriate authority does not do their job, the fault lies with them and no one else.
Now, you all can either come see us, one on one, if you have a personal beef, and we will show you any and every document/receipt we can get our hands on and take you around so you can inspect every inch of our vessel, otherwise decease and desist harassing us and call the appropriate authority.
Due to your actions of libel and slander, you all have marred the image of St. Marys, GA which has resulted in defamation and loss of income for St. Marys, Camden County, the state of Georgia and infringed upon the rights of American citizens of the United States of America. You all have done harm to our livelihood even though we are totally legal. We find this disturbing, distasteful and shameful. We really don't care what you think about us, but we really think you all owe the citizens of St. Marys and Camden County, GA a formal apology for your actions and behavior.
Thank you. And good luck with all in life.

Since: Jan 13

Camden County, GA

#4 Apr 20, 2013
Thanks for the detailed, but unnecessary reason you're here. 99% of us are glad you're here. The ship is nice to look at and the kids enjoy the tours. Ignore the 1% which you'll never please.
Buckwheat

Atlanta, GA

#5 Apr 20, 2013
Camden Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the detailed, but unnecessary reason you're here. 99% of us are glad you're here. The ship is nice to look at and the kids enjoy the tours. Ignore the 1% which you'll never please.
i 100% agree with Camden Vet! People look forward to seeing and taking tours& pictures of Steelaway that is a Fact!
Buckwheat

Atlanta, GA

#6 Apr 20, 2013
Buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>i 100% agree with Camden Vet! People look forward to seeing and taking tours& pictures of Steelaway that is a Fact!
If the grey water is an issue Why are a BUNCH of crab traps Surrounding the sailboats now and being sold, Contaminated if that's a fact then Your tainted Crab Shouldn't be sold for health reasons!!!
nobs

Brunswick, GA

#7 Apr 20, 2013
Camden Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, except I doubt it's even 1%. Probably more like .001%.

Steel Away is an asset to Saint Marys. It's a beautiful boat, I admire it every single time I visit the waterfront and have done so since the first day she arrived.
Buckwheat

Atlanta, GA

#8 Apr 20, 2013
Let the Crabbers Destroy St. Mary's economy all by them selves . I can see the headlines now"Crabbers run St. Mary's waterfront tourist out of town"that's good for the City!!!
fellow american

United States

#9 Apr 20, 2013
wish there was a thank-you button, Camden Vet, my brother served Green Beret/special forces, my husband in the Navy, also my grandfather and his father and his grandfather, served the navy, my son's father served in Vietnam.
Jorge

Dornsife, PA

#10 Apr 21, 2013
nobs wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, except I doubt it's even 1%. Probably more like .001%.
Steel Away is an asset to Saint Marys. It's a beautiful boat, I admire it every single time I visit the waterfront and have done so since the first day she arrived.
Now this makes sense. "It's a beautiful boat," let's give it a free ride. How about the beautiful homes downtown? Let's give them a free ride. Then there are the B&Bs. They bring tourists in; let's give them a free ride. There are some beautiful homes in The Cove; give them a free ride. How about my home?
Facts

United States

#11 Apr 21, 2013
99% of St. Marys tax payers don't even know the Steel Away exists. If they were aware and learned that the 1.3 million dollar Glilman boat property is being used to provide free mooring while the boating citizens of St. Marys must pay the Langs for the same service would be a problem.

Once again we are being told how valuable this asset is for tourism. Their hasn't been an increase in tourism during the years the Steel Away has operated in our area. In fact more shops have closed their doors and without Cumberland Island their wouldn't be tourist.

I would appreciate knowing what current elected officials have authorized this service prior to our next local election.
Tommy Weaver

United States

#12 Apr 21, 2013
John show me the tourist draw. I,ll show you over last 3 weeks I have spent 200.00 in marine gas in kingsland. I'll show where 2 clients rented motel rooms in kng. the only reason they did is because i told them st.marys was not for fishermen. the stores downtown thinks that sailboaters can keep them open. so if i were you drop all your money to downtown stores.

So im willing to bet several dollars if i was to use that dock like you do. to load unload quest the city would want the insurance papers to see it was covered.
Hell the city will not let us use it.
As far as ya breaking the 90 day law you know you are DNR says they just dont have the manpower to uphold the law which i think is BS and they will not worry about me calling when i see fishermen breaking the law. it will not happen.

Now if you are a man of your word like you say. what happened with you going to crooked river.
I have to pay taxes on my land and boat.
Ya are taking claim to the dock down there pay just 25% of that tax and regular fees the rest of us do.
This is the problem i have you get to do whatever ya want down there and the taxpayers are getting stiffed
Downtown GOB

United States

#13 Apr 21, 2013
So I make a couple dollars extra in profit, and the tax payers pay $200 more in taxes; it is ok by me. Looking out for number one and my downtown GOBs friends.

We got the council by the balls, they don't dare go against us.

If they do, we will send a few of our howling cows to attend a council meeting to scare them into compliance.
Contender Sunrise

Herndon, PA

#14 Apr 21, 2013
Tommy Weaver wrote:
John show me the tourist draw. I,ll show you over last 3 weeks I have spent 200.00 in marine gas in kingsland. I'll show where 2 clients rented motel rooms in kng. the only reason they did is because i told them st.marys was not for fishermen. the stores downtown thinks that sailboaters can keep them open. so if i were you drop all your money to downtown stores.
So im willing to bet several dollars if i was to use that dock like you do. to load unload quest the city would want the insurance papers to see it was covered.
Hell the city will not let us use it.
As far as ya breaking the 90 day law you know you are DNR says they just dont have the manpower to uphold the law which i think is BS and they will not worry about me calling when i see fishermen breaking the law. it will not happen.
Now if you are a man of your word like you say. what happened with you going to crooked river.
I have to pay taxes on my land and boat.
Ya are taking claim to the dock down there pay just 25% of that tax and regular fees the rest of us do.
This is the problem i have you get to do whatever ya want down there and the taxpayers are getting stiffed
So you don't but your gas from Nat? Why do you have any say in what the city does. You tell everyone to take their business to Kingsland. I don't blame the city for kicking your little azz off the city docks.

What kind of a charter business do you have? Whiting fishing at Pelican Spit? Fiddler herding at low tide in Beach Creek? Ghost Crab tours on Cumberland?

Couldn't be much.

Take your complaints to council meeting so you can make an azz out of yourself AGAIN. I like the entertainment when you are there.
Tommy Weaver

United States

#15 Apr 21, 2013
I dont whiting fish and where the hell is pelican split. go take a second see if those pics on facebook are whiting. We call them bull reds ad trout.
but you are right its not much but im booked every weekend up to may 26 and several during the weekdays boat only holds 56 gal.
complain to council is like talking to a wall so why waste my time.
You dont see me at city docks I use crooked river.

Im wiling to bet my charters have brought in more money to this county this month than the steel away has in the years he has been here.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#16 Apr 21, 2013
Downtown GOB wrote:
So I make a couple dollars extra in profit, and the tax payers pay $200 more in taxes; it is ok by me. Looking out for number one and my downtown GOBs friends.
If they do, we will send a few of our howling cows to attend a council meeting to scare them into compliance.
"Howling cows!" I love it! I know just the herd you are referring to.
StillLaughingAtT hisPost

Brunswick, GA

#18 Apr 21, 2013
Personally, I hope you stay right there in St. Marys. I never go there, and if you're there, it means I don't have to worry about bumping into you or your floating single-wide.

Weld it to the dock...please.
Jorge

Dornsife, PA

#19 Apr 21, 2013
Of course you’re not leaving, not when you’re living on someone else’s dime.
Are you paying for trash pickup? If not, you are a freeloader.
Are you paying for mooring or use of 3 city docks? If not, you are a freeloader.
Are you paying state or local taxes? If not, you are a freeloader.
Are you reporting income from charters? If not, you are a freeloader.
ditto

United States

#20 Apr 25, 2013
My oh my...a bit of sanity on St. Marys Topix??? What happened????
PISSEDOFFLOCAL

Herndon, PA

#21 Apr 26, 2013
Downtown GOB wrote:
You howling cows that think you can yell and scream at city council meetings may have got away with it last meeting, but next time it happens you will be removed from the premises. We are not going to put up with your Jerry Springer mentality. You are being watched and you will eventually screw yourselves. You don't have the right to do as you please. THERE'S ALOT MORE PEOPLE WATCHING THIS PLAY OUT THAN YOU THINK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Corrupt Are We 24 min white man 4
Linda Williams Political Career Is Over 54 min Jaybamo 11
wasted 7 hr LonePalm 6
Linda Williams Sign Illegally on Mildred 8 hr Moreno Jay 11
Dolphin Auto Sales (Oct '09) 9 hr Little things 80
25% of Current Florida Primary Ballots Never Vo... 9 hr Reality talking n... 6
2016 City Council Election 10 hr Slick 413
The Anti Linda Williams Crowd Owns Topix 12 hr Bobby 42

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web