Is Keating's salary of $80,000 justif...

Is Keating's salary of $80,000 justified?

Created by Anon on Mar 27, 2013

141 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

Tax Payer

United States

#63 Apr 8, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
He has been JDA director since June of 2009.
I believe his current (2nd) contract expires in June of 2015.
Unfortunately, Obama will still be president.
Is that the same Obama fella who is also the President of our surrounding counties? You know the counties that are NOT losing current businesses but are actually making gains. Try reading something other than the daily buffet menu.
Simplistic dolt

Lawrenceville, GA

#64 Apr 8, 2013
Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>
Easier said than done. When your being paid $94,498.56 and have a record of zero accomplishments that extend over years you better gamble that something with your name associated with it succeeds.
David Keating, AKA Mr. Survivor
True dat, but I think it's time to hold the entire JDA responsible. Mr. Keating serves at the pleasure of the JDA. It's been a while, but a couple of things I remember from all those leadership classes in the military are:
1. You can delegate the authority, but not the responsibility.
2. The maximum range of the M16A1 is 460 meters.
3. The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero.
Really

United States

#65 Apr 8, 2013
Simplistic dolt wrote:
<quoted text>
True dat, but I think it's time to hold the entire JDA responsible. Mr. Keating serves at the pleasure of the JDA. It's been a while, but a couple of things I remember from all those leadership classes in the military are:
1. You can delegate the authority, but not the responsibility.
2. The maximum range of the M16A1 is 460 meters.
3. The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero.
If the above is true than in three short sentences you've destroyed Morenos philosophy on leadership.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#66 Apr 8, 2013
The proof is what you have done to earn your salary. What has been the benefit? What has the community gained? Nothing has been positive and no results for the $90,000 + salary.

“Make St. Marys great again! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#67 Apr 8, 2013
I would like to think you A-holes will whistle a different tune when all the ground work he has been doing finally pays off when the economy turns around and he lands a big one, but I know better.

St. Marys, GA

#68 Apr 8, 2013
When will we see a delegation of you A-holes showing up at the JDA board meetings and, way more importantly, the CCBOC meetings clamoring for more results, even if it means more fundng?

Trash talk s cheap. Blathering A-holes are a dime-a-dozen ( a nickel in Camden.)
Really

United States

#69 Apr 8, 2013
"The economy turns around", "Lands the big one", "More importantly, more results, MORE FUNDNG (sp)."

Not from your Democratic Party but from your local TAX AND SPEND MORENO. More money doesn't fix poor leadership and a corrupt system.
Bobby

United States

#70 Apr 8, 2013
Really wrote:
"The economy turns around", "Lands the big one", "More importantly, more results, MORE FUNDNG (sp)."
Not from your Democratic Party but from your local TAX AND SPEND MORENO. More money doesn't fix poor leadership and a corrupt system.
Sounds like a liberal Dem to me.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#71 Apr 8, 2013
A big one has been landed. A golden parachute for Keating and nothing for Camden. Jay just tries to get a reaction and he could less about any thing else other than comments he can respond to and when that fails he goes to correcting spelling, etc. But it is some thing for him to do and it is his right to be as obnoxious as he cares to be.

St. Marys, GA

#72 Apr 8, 2013
Kids, he meant to write "and he could not care less about anything else..."
Jorge

Dornsife, PA

#73 Apr 8, 2013
Does the JDA not set goals and expectations?
JDA

United States

#74 Apr 8, 2013
Jorge wrote:
Does the JDA not set goals and expectations?
Yes, our goal is not to get fired. Our expectations is to blow enough smoke up the peoples ass's so we not only keep our jobs but we get pay raises along the way. Perfect so far wouldn't you say?

St. Marys, GA

#75 Apr 8, 2013
The fundamental error, made by the Spencer or Spencerite who started this thread - in the very first post - was to equate government per se , in any of it manifestations, to a business.

Governments, by their very nature, do not produce wealth directly. Rather, they consume it.

However, the objective of government expenditure is to produce public good. Not all good is produced immediately, like pumping potable water.
You have to drill the wells and construct the water tanks first.

The JDA well will come in but no thanks to you A-holes.

What the JDA director needs is community support, not criticism from a few loud mouthed, nouveau activist, bomb-throwing, Spencerite A-holes who have no experience whatsoever in business recruitment.
TAX AND SPEND MORENO

United States

#76 Apr 8, 2013
I love it when the left wing TAX and SPEND idiots led by your one and only MORENO attack Spencer because of years of failure by the JDA with Director Keating at the helm.

There is no requirement for the tax paying citizens to have any business experience.

Now the JDA with Director Keating A-holes who have no experience whatsoever in business recruitment is one major F...ing problem.

Not only no job gains but monthly we read about another business shutting their door.

No, more TAX AND SPEND money is not the answer. Leave this conversation to people that understand business and leadership,

St. Marys, GA

#77 Apr 9, 2013
"Leave this conversation to people that understand business and leadership."

Well, why don't you titans of industry and natural born leaders post under your real names so that, if so moved, readers might implore you to run for office?
Tokelau Islander

Saint Marys, GA

#78 Apr 9, 2013
Dumb asses look to the water. That is Camden's BIG asset. The other is I-95.
Birds of a Feather

United States

#79 Apr 9, 2013
Tax and Spend Moreno and the JDA have so much in common. Both suck off the TIT of government while providing no benefits to society or the local tax payers.

Moreno blames disability, JDA blames Obama and while were at it Trader after leaving the 44 million dollar debt behind blamed you the ignorant tax payers because you just don't get it.

All three have one thing to promote, MORE TAX.
Carnac

United States

#80 Apr 9, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
"Leave this conversation to people that understand business and leadership."
Well, why don't you titans of industry and natural born leaders post under your real names so that, if so moved, readers might implore you to run for office?
So you want to the be the city manager or mayor.
Ridiculous Statement

United States

#81 Apr 9, 2013
Wake up Moron!!

Fantacy Land
"if so moved, readers might implore you to run for office"

The Real World
"if so moved and worthy of being a puppet, special interest parties might implore you to run for office"

St. Marys, GA

#82 Apr 9, 2013
Have you Spencerites given any thought to negotiating a group discount with a local shrink?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Camden County Commentary dead? 28 min Radiant 32
The fix is in 54 min LonePalm 3
Democrats groan after Bill Clinton meets Lorett... 1 hr LonePalm 2
I feel so much safer now 1 hr Gunny 2
Ever hear of Vigo County Indiana? You can bet C... 2 hr LonePalm 1
St Marys Event Planner...NOT 2 hr Billy 126
A few questions for our local liberals 3 hr LonePalm 1

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance