created by: Anon | Mar 27, 2013

St. Marys, GA

141 votes

Is Keating's salary of $80,000 justified?

Click on an option to vote

• yes
  • no
Comments
41 - 60 of 116 Comments Last updated May 29, 2013
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#42 Mar 31, 2013
I wish they could attract MAGPUL industries out of Colorado. The new gun legislation that has passed up there is causing them to have to move their company! I wish they would move here to Camden County.
anon

Kingsland, GA

#43 Mar 31, 2013
Instead of Love Town it shuld be Lossing Town.
Sliver

Saint Marys, GA

#44 Apr 4, 2013
We need some kind of Summer Industries to come in here and have summer jobs. We are hurting. JOBS NEEDED !
anon

Kingsland, GA

#45 Apr 4, 2013
Sliver wrote:
We need some kind of Summer Industries to come in here and have summer jobs. We are hurting. JOBS NEEDED !
Those sucking at the government teat don't care. As long as they feel important in their government positions they are happy. Notice I did not say government jobs. Most boobs drawing government pay checks don't work or produce, they just draw pay checks.
Good Job

Kingsland, GA

#47 Apr 5, 2013
Thanks David and the crew of JDA. Although there is a strong connection between wood plants and St. Marys that old smell of money would offend our soon to be newly housed Gateway cocktail and sunset officals.

The five in the middle once again applaud your ineptness.

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/2013-04-...
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#48 Apr 5, 2013
Only thing that has been attracted is that there is no attraction because there is no abilty to do any thing with the worthless crew tha6 is suppose to attract some thing. I take that back they have attracted a reputation for the area as a grave yard for failing businesses.
Jorge

Herndon, PA

#49 Apr 5, 2013
I just loved that Money magazine designation "No. 1 Boomtown" back when I was looking for a job.
Really

Kingsland, GA

#50 Apr 5, 2013
Jorge wrote:
I just loved that Money magazine designation "No. 1 Boomtown" back when I was looking for a job.
That one article set in motion the real estate cartels path of destruction for this community.
simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#51 Apr 6, 2013
Speaking of low hanging fruit, is our much vaunted JDA talking to the folks at Beretta? It seems they aren't happy in Maryland, and are looking for a place to relocate.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/b...

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#52 Apr 7, 2013
It would appear that this space launch business is real and getting down to the short strokes.

Spencers and Spencerites: PLEASE STFU until the final selection is made.

You too, Alex.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#53 Apr 7, 2013
I love the smell of rocket fuel in the morning.

It smells like money.

Where have I heard that?
Tax Payer

Kingsland, GA

#54 Apr 7, 2013
Maybe I missed it having been focused on all the other pipe dreams that were once circling the toilet bowel but have now been officially flushed. I can't seem to recall the number of new local jobs these fictitious rocket boys will be handing out.

Jay, you seem the only one in the County that can locate the great David Keating. Will you ask him for use. Thank you.

P.S. Once again that's not the smell of money that's the smell of bullshit.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#55 Apr 7, 2013
"Use" of what?

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#56 Apr 7, 2013

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#57 Apr 7, 2013
Now, assuming you've actually read the article, can you give me any reason we should not ALL be clamoring to do what-ever-the-hell-it-takes to get those people to locate here?

This could be as big as the arrival of NSBKB, if not bigger. Think of the manufacturers of the gazillion inputs needed who might locate here as well.
Tax Payer

Kingsland, GA

#58 Apr 7, 2013
Great read..., Especially enjoyed the part where Keating declared we would not build the spaceport first and "hope they come". Brilliant

If you really do enjoy the smell of rocket fuel please "use us" to move your tax and spend fat ass to Texas. Rumor has it in the business circles there is going to be an expansion announcement before the end of the year.

You, Keating and Obama should stick with wasting tax dollars on things like solar powered A/ C systems.
simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#59 Apr 8, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
It would appear that this space launch business is real and getting down to the short strokes.
Spencers and Spencerites: PLEASE STFU until the final selection is made.
You too, Alex.
If the Gov and his team is pitching the idea to the prospect, that would be good advice for our much vaunted JDA also. At this point there isn't much they can do to help the process along, there is a lot they can do to derail it.

That's why the press release they issued a week before Deal came down here to speak was a bad idea. Upstaging the Gov, or any elected official is really bad, when you'll need their cooperation to make the deal happen. If they can't make the deal happen, then it's just one more in a string of failures from the JDA.

"There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit."

Robert W. Woodruff, AKA Mr. Anonymous
Tax Payer

Kingsland, GA

#60 Apr 8, 2013
simplistic dolt wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Gov and his team is pitching the idea to the prospect, that would be good advice for our much vaunted JDA also. At this point there isn't much they can do to help the process along, there is a lot they can do to derail it.
That's why the press release they issued a week before Deal came down here to speak was a bad idea. Upstaging the Gov, or any elected official is really bad, when you'll need their cooperation to make the deal happen. If they can't make the deal happen, then it's just one more in a string of failures from the JDA.
"There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit."
Robert W. Woodruff, AKA Mr. Anonymous
Easier said than done. When your being paid $94,498.56 and have a record of zero accomplishments that extend over years you better gamble that something with your name associated with it succeeds.
David Keating, AKA Mr. Survivor

“Tacitus gives us evidence”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#61 Apr 8, 2013
For how many years has he received $94+k? He's done well for himself. His boss must agree.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#62 Apr 8, 2013
He has been JDA director since June of 2009.

I believe his current (2nd) contract expires in June of 2015.

Unfortunately, Obama will still be president.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 26 min Synergy 53,090
Write In Time 46 min Elf Bomb 1
Why the Jay haters are shocked 49 min Anne Bolyn 6
Jacksonville Picks up City Council Race 1 hr Elf Bomb 1
PA signs on for the ACA (Obamacare) 1 hr Doc 1
Cpl Brad Todd arrested? 1 hr wrecker 5
Jay Monero files to run aginst Nutter 2 hr Terror of Topic 12
Qualifiers for St Marys City Council 2 hr Straight Shooter 78
EPIC Adventures Resort Kingsland $350 Million D... 5 hr King 15
•••
•••
•••

St. Marys Jobs