created by: Anon | Mar 27, 2013

St. Marys, GA

141 votes

Is Keating's salary of $80,000 justified?

Click on an option to vote

• yes
  • no
Comments
1 - 20 of 116 Comments Last updated May 29, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Mar 27, 2013
If you had a business and you hired some one to get economic developements for the business and you paid them a salary over $80,000 you would not employ that person if they didn't bring in business that justified their salary. The City is a business but not a responsible business. The City does not apply the principals of a business. The City is now in such a state that no business would locate here when businesses are failing and moving. It is a blighted City that has no government that is responsible and fiscal. Who would want to locate in an area of failed businesses? Does that not tell you that it would be foolish? It is going to get worst.
Real Tax Payer

Kingsland, GA

#2 Mar 27, 2013
More accurately his salary is $94,498.56.

He holds the fourth highest salary for Camden County Employees.

The answer is no.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Mar 27, 2013
Thanks for pointing out the mistake. Hemorrhage is much worst. Sorry for the misleading statement. That is really good work if you can get it. Also, I forgot he did work on getting the sausage factory here that employed two or three before that folded the tent and left. Also he was present when the Spaceport was discussed. That brings up another question. What is going on with that? I don't hear or see any efforts on the governments in our county doing anythng on that. I do recall some effort about kiddy rides in Kingsland for these that may pass through on the way to Florida.
Toni

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Mar 27, 2013
Run him off just like he did to CTI (Cory's Thunder Inc.) on the industrial Park area behind the St. Marys Police Department. Big letters in front of Building
CTI

a review of every salary in the County that is not controlled by State Law should start right now for everyone that works for cities or county. This is bull shit !
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#5 Mar 27, 2013
Keating doesn't work for the city of St. Marys. At least he's not supposed to. He's supposed to work for the county as a whole.

To be honest, the entire economic development effort in Camden is a disaster. Let's look at similar areas that are successful in attracting and keeping good industries, and do what they are doing.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#6 Mar 27, 2013
Simplistic dolt wrote:
Keating doesn't work for the city of St. Marys. At least he's not supposed to. He's supposed to work for the county as a whole.
To be honest, the entire economic development effort in Camden is a disaster. Let's look at similar areas that are successful in attracting and keeping good industries, and do what they are doing.
They don't employ Keating!!!!
Really

Kingsland, GA

#7 Mar 27, 2013
Keating does work for the city as in the other two cities and the rest of the county.

Artie Jones III work directly for the city of St. Marys as economic development director. Guess what his salary is?

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#8 Mar 27, 2013
Really wrote:
Keating does work for the city as in the other two cities and the rest of the county.
Artie Jones III work directly for the city of St. Marys as economic development director. Guess what his salary is?
People, he works FOR the county. He works WITH the cities.

He pursues business on virtually the same budget that has been rubber stamped into the budget since I came here nearly 20 years ago.- about $250,000. Subtract his salary and that of his assistant and what the hell doe she have left to market the county.

His problem is still a G.O.B CCBOC that does not really give a shit about bringing industry here - a CCBOC where many if not all of the commissioners have G.O.B. Brahmin backers who most assuredly DO NOT want to see wage competition.
Job

Kingsland, GA

#9 Mar 27, 2013
The truth is that he does not work. His efforts, what ever they may be, do not work. When you can't do the job you should not have the job. He works for us. We pay his salary. The governments, which we support with our bucks, allow this to happen. We can't fire him. We are saddled with him and we are the victims of misuse of public funds. It is taxattion without representation. Mismanagement of resources by this charged with managing the resources. No one wants any one to lose a job if he is doing the job. What are we getting for $90,000 plus. Tough times call for tough action.
Really

Kingsland, GA

#10 Mar 27, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
People, he works FOR the county. He works WITH the cities.
He pursues business on virtually the same budget that has been rubber stamped into the budget since I came here nearly 20 years ago.- about $250,000. Subtract his salary and that of his assistant and what the hell doe she have left to market the county.
His problem is still a G.O.B CCBOC that does not really give a shit about bringing industry here - a CCBOC where many if not all of the commissioners have G.O.B. Brahmin backers who most assuredly DO NOT want to see wage competition.
I always love these left wing tax and spend idiots piping up. They can never grasp the idea that public servants(Government)work FOR the people.

The JDA Director represents the county as a whole. The people that reside inside City limits still pay more in county AD Valorem Tax than City tax. You need the dog catcher and live in the city the county will respond asap because they work for us.
anon

Kingsland, GA

#11 Mar 27, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I always love these left wing tax and spend idiots piping up. They can never grasp the idea that public servants(Government)work FOR the people.
The JDA Director represents the county as a whole. The people that reside inside City limits still pay more in county AD Valorem Tax than City tax. You need the dog catcher and live in the city the county will respond asap because they work for us.
For the most part it does not work for us. That is the problem. We work it doesn't.
Toni

Saint Marys, GA

#12 Mar 27, 2013
neither are the others in the 12 government agencies that are working for either St. Marys, Kingsland and Woodbine. They all should be under one Development authority. No wonder we are being picked clean.

The Businesses that have been holding on are going to start closing. You will not have a business community in St. Marys.
Robby

Saint Marys, GA

#13 Mar 27, 2013
I was at meeting in St.Marys this past monday and after just listening to the bullcrap for a hour. They do not know how to find their ass with both hands. They sat there without a clue of what this city needs.I only hope that the county has a better undestanding on things.
The STM.dumbass 7 are lost

And for the man I think he said Billy Hope, said he lived here 60+years. I hope you know you pushed SPLOST your friends will think alot less of you when in 6 years The city will still owe 40+ million on a sewer bond. I hope you know the council is going to make a LIA out of you.
IDK

Loxahatchee, FL

#14 Mar 27, 2013
Robby wrote:
I was at meeting in St.Marys this past monday and after just listening to the bullcrap for a hour. They do not know how to find their ass with both hands. They sat there without a clue of what this city needs.I only hope that the county has a better undestanding on things.
The STM.dumbass 7 are lost
And for the man I think he said Billy Hope, said he lived here 60+years. I hope you know you pushed SPLOST your friends will think alot less of you when in 6 years The city will still owe 40+ million on a sewer bond. I hope you know the council is going to make a LIA out of you.
Billy Hope is one man....one vote. Since they are clueless (and I agree they're in a rowboat with no oars) what specifically do you recommend as a solution. Don't come back with "industry"......beca use obviously Camden as a whole needs some industrial base, but how YOU would entice a manufacturer to locate there if you had the power to do so. And no, a frigging spaceport, seaport, or Wally World are not viable solutions. There are already non operating spaceports, enough seaports, and Disney is right down the road.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#15 Mar 27, 2013
Think about St. Marys being a row boat. Half on one side rowing to la la land and the other half lost in space rowing in the opposite direction. Going no where and no way to get any where and it is your boat purchased with your money to go some where. They can anchor in the marintime district where there use to be crap traps.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#16 Mar 27, 2013
Apparently, I was too subtle for you rabid Spencerites.

Keating is not the problem. YOU are.

Try barking up the right tree, idiots.

Your beef s with the CCBOC and the city councils.

Step 1: Insist that cities starve their immortal development agencies into a torpor by ceasing all funding.

Step 2: Insist that the cities contribute at least
as much as what they were pissing away on their own efforts via contracts with the JDA.

Step 3: Put your money where your mouth is. Demand that CCBOC enact a 1/4 mill tax increase earmarked exclusively for increased national and international marketing activity by the JDA.

Step 4: Drop your idiotic, union thuggish insistence that you only want high-paying jobs and preferably union.

Step 5: Being willing to honestly weigh values to community of offering relocation and development tax incentives. Don't be hidebound, nouveau-politico, ideologue clowns.
noquackwannabee

Saint Marys, GA

#17 Mar 27, 2013
Some people just insist on demeaning others. Insist on Keating doing his job. No need for a millage increase, demand performance for salaries paid.
Jimmy

Kingsland, GA

#18 Mar 27, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Step 1: Insist that cities starve their immortal development agencies into a torpor by ceasing all funding.
as much as what they were pissing away on their own efforts via contracts with the JDA.
Step 3: Put your money where your mouth is. Demand that CCBOC enact a 1/4 mill tax increase earmarked exclusively for increased national and international marketing activity by the JDA.
Step 4: Drop your idiotic, union thuggish insistence that you only want high-paying jobs and preferably union.
Step 5: Being willing to honestly weigh values to community of offering relocation and development tax incentives. Don't be hidebound, nouveau-politico, ideologue clowns.
Is all of this elitist BS intended to make us forget that Keaing dropped the ball and let a high-end internationally-known industry relocate to Jacksonville without him even knowing it had been in St. Marys for over 5 years? I know you think Keating is the best thing to come to Camden County since blue tarps, but there is no excuse for this.
Pathetic Performance

Kingsland, GA

#19 Mar 27, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
OR FIRE David Keating and Artie Jones III, clean house and bring in people that get results. The surrounding counties are recovering as we continue sliding backwards.

"Demand that CCBOC enact a 1/4 mill tax increase" Glynn votes down splost and is slowly recovering. Only Tax and Spend Mareno would suggest more tax money is the answer. Idiot.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#20 Mar 27, 2013
He IS the only truly qualified and truly trying JDA director the county has ever had.

If he had a board and a CCBOC that were TRULY hungry for results and willing to pay the price, we would see results.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deconstructing The Nutter's website. 5 min Nan-zilla 7
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 min ChicknButt 53,517
Tracking Jay Moreno's campaign filings. 25 min URaDOUCHEBAG 6
Jay Moreno's campaign site - in progress. 1 hr URaDOUCHEBAG 22
Real Estate Cartel Candidates 1 hr Really 13
Looking for a contractor to remove popcorn from... 2 hr Hammer 1
Is Alex Kearns Planning October Surrprise Lawsu... 2 hr Gorilla Boy 6
Back Row Buzzards will not be welcome if Moreno... 3 hr Snowbird 27
EarthKeepers running against Jay 4 hr Nancy 27
•••
•••
St. Marys Dating

more search filters

less search filters