Draft Jay Moreno for Mayor
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#41 Jul 25, 2013
Other than possibly doing well on a test or two, what has the genius actually accomplished? Nada!

What makes you think he will break his mold?

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#42 Jul 25, 2013
I would also press council to totally defund the Downtown Development Authority then send an amount equal to half of the former DDA budget to the JDA annually.

St. Marys, GA

#43 Jul 25, 2013
I would press council to abolish the curbside recycling program and adjust garbage collection fees downward.

St. Marys, GA

#44 Jul 25, 2013
If the last 4 holdouts in Gaines Davis who refuse to grant easements would continue to block sewer service to their neighbors, I would advocate instituting eminent domain procedures against them.

The city could probably buy out all 4 a market value for $500,000 then get on with it.

St. Marys, GA

#45 Jul 25, 2013
I would advocate abandoning the idea of a "public-private partnership" for the old Gilman boathouse property then, during the next regularly schedule election, hold a referendum to see if the citizens would prefer to keep it as a city owned and developed park and dock with boat slips, or sell it to a private developer.

The referendum results would be final and acted upon ASAP.

St. Marys, GA

#46 Jul 25, 2013
Jorge wrote:
Other than possibly doing well on a test or two, what has the genius actually accomplished? Nada!
What makes you think he will break his mold?
I don't measure my self-worth by accumulation of wealth and "things." I live mostly between my ears. I'm sure you can't relate to that but that's okay. You're obviously a very simple man - and an incorrigible A-hole with no gravitas.

I do well in what actually interests me.

I will not run again until I've completed my degree in public administration in a few more semesters.
Sicko World of Moreno

Saint Marys, GA

#47 Jul 25, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't measure my self-worth by accumulation of wealth and "things." I live mostly between my ears. I'm sure you can't relate to that but that's okay. You're obviously a very simple man - and an incorrigible A-hole with no gravitas.
I will not run again until I've completed my degree in public administration in a few more semesters.
Yes, after you hang that pig skin on your wall you will automatically become a Genius in public administration. All the A - holes will bow and applaud your wisdom.
Angela

Mcdonough, GA

#48 Jul 25, 2013
Jay- I don't think you realize that you are being baited to run so that these people have more things about you to ridicule and make fun of?! Knowing how you are despised, are you really going to fall for this?
Nirvana

Saint Marys, GA

#49 Jul 25, 2013
I knew you had it in you. Thank You, I can see you setting in the Mayors set.

Just don't let the nay sayers get to you.
Weak

Saint Marys, GA

#50 Jul 25, 2013
Want to see what kind of guy Jay Moreno is go to the Savannah Georgia topix and see how he builds up St. Marys. I really think he is the right man for the times we are in. Jay Moreno We Need You In St. Marys to be Mayor.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#51 Jul 26, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
You've obviously confused "accomplished" with "accumulated."
flip flop

Kingsland, GA

#52 Jul 26, 2013
As much as I hate to admit it, #s 42,43,44,45 are good ideas. I would only be for eliminating the recycling program (#43) if it was a proven money loser.
flip flop

Kingsland, GA

#53 Jul 26, 2013
A commitment to push for voting districts,#s 22/23 is a biggie in my mind also.

I don't have to "like" a candidate to vote for him. I'm looking for platform substance.

St. Marys, GA

#54 Jul 26, 2013
Angela wrote:
Jay- I don't think you realize that you are being baited to run so that these people have more things about you to ridicule and make fun of?! Knowing how you are despised, are you really going to fall for this?
Of course I do. Rethink who is playing who. When did you become a "friend?"

St. Marys, GA

#55 Jul 26, 2013
flip flop wrote:
As much as I hate to admit it,#s 42,43,44,45 are good ideas. I would only be for eliminating the recycling program (#43) if it was a proven money loser.
Recycling, per se, is a money loser. We are nowhere near running out of landfill space.

Numerous studies have shown that the most sensible way to go is to let the biodegradable substances in landfills have enough years to fully biodegrade, then, when the market scarcity and prices for recoverable metals make it economically profitable, go back and mine the recyclables from the old landfills

We have curbside recycling in St. Marys because of the current mayor and council's political cowardice in the face of Alex Kearns and her "Earth Keepers" minions of Lib loons.

St. Marys, GA

#56 Jul 26, 2013
If mayor, I would push council to vote to demolish the damned bait shop at the Gilman Memorial Waterfront Park.

Tired of hearing about it. It should not be there competing with private enterprise anyway.
Tax and Spend Moreno

Saint Marys, GA

#57 Jul 26, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
"...you uneducated ignorent ass."
I hope you lubed your petard first.
Outstanding and expected reply when called on the carpet for your tax and spend voting record.

Professor Moreno why don't you explain to all the A-Holes in detail how Splost one was authorized, approved and how the money was actually spent in comparison to Splost six and soon to be Splost seven.

All good politician have a duty to explain all tax dollars collected and spent.
Al Pope 7

Saint Marys, GA

#58 Jul 26, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
If mayor, I would push council to vote to demolish the damned bait shop at the Gilman Memorial Waterfront Park.
Tired of hearing about it. It should not be there competing with private enterprise anyway.
Here, here, I think it was an ill conceived plan. They will not allow it to work they way they have to operate. stinking bait rotting as you walk in the park. Not very good idea and placed across from two bathrooms that have there smell going into the bait shop what were they thinking when it was set up.

If you were going to have a bait shop it should have been down on the end of the boat ramp dock or the other dock on the other side of the boat ramp. there it would work and out of the way. have good water to keep the shrimp alive.

These days it would make more sense to just put the bait shop over at the other boat ramp. Never going to have peace at the old boat ramp not anymore to many against you.

Not your town anymore it belongs to Osprey Cove
Al Pope 7

Saint Marys, GA

#59 Jul 26, 2013
They have the money and we don't get use to it. The ones with the money make the decisions. Nothing new there just the way it is. You guys may as well move on out that is what I am thinking about doing. It is over we lost St. Marys a long time ago. Accept it and move on.

I use to hate Woodbine but it is looking better and better.
Al Pope 7

Saint Marys, GA

#60 Jul 27, 2013
Here is your chance to shine this evening. At the Rail Road tracks in Downtown St. Marys between the building on the right and the Theatre by the tacks across the street there is a meeting for Trayvon Martin. How would you handle this type of gathering of people ? Jay Moreno lay it out for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SMPD Case 2016-00024875 7 min The Real Epic Josh 4
Who is Josh Brandon House 9 min The Real Epic Josh 25
Dangerous Moreno #2 1 hr Slick 35
Hooray for Jay Moreno Just what this place needs 1 hr Slick 8
Gracias, Donald, gracias!!! 2 hr Jose 1
Moreno's political signs vastly outnumbered dow... 2 hr Jorge 64
Trump's Florida advisor resigned 9/30/16 2 hr Larry 3

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance