Council bookends in bed with Spencer ...

Council bookends in bed with Spencer kooks.

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#1 Oct 3, 2012
From today's T&G coverage of St. Marys City Council meeting:

" appointedWendy Steele
to the citys hospital authority
in a split vote.
Bird nominated Jeremy
Spencer, the other applicant,
but only Bird and Howell
voted in favor of Spencer."

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Oct 3, 2012
Yea, It's sad that the only thing the bookends have to hold up are one pathetically out-dated non-descript almanac and four Richy Rich comic books from the seventies, while none even qualify to be dog catcher.
Pot House Politician

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Oct 3, 2012
Sure wish we could get more people appointed to committees, athorities and boards in St Marys. So many qualified people ready to serve and so few boards, authorities and committees.

Please appoint those in favor of marijuana grow house and helping the real estate cartels.
Ellie Mae

Kingsland, GA

#4 Oct 3, 2012
I guess Moreno has forgotten than his man, Gant defeated Spencer by less than 1%. That means that clearly almost half of the voters chose Jeremy Spencer to represent them, yet

When he is willing to serve on a board or authority, those opponents of his slam it! Talk about holding a grudge!

If half of the voters wanted Spencer to be their voice on Council, why wouldn't the existing council members be willing to hear that half of the voters.

Politics = ugliness!

People like Moreno are bullies and they hide behind a keyboard and criticize others, that is just sad.

St. Marys, GA

#5 Oct 3, 2012
Oh, boo hoo.
JOE

Houston, TX

#6 Oct 3, 2012
Jay,you talk all this noise about how bad you are,why dont you grow a set of balls and confront one of the Spencer's with all this crap you post here.
ANON

Knoxville, TN

#7 Oct 3, 2012
Ellie Mae wrote:
I guess Moreno has forgotten than his man, Gant defeated Spencer by less than 1%. That means that clearly almost half of the voters chose Jeremy Spencer to represent them, yet
When he is willing to serve on a board or authority, those opponents of his slam it! Talk about holding a grudge!
If half of the voters wanted Spencer to be their voice on Council, why wouldn't the existing council members be willing to hear that half of the voters.
Politics = ugliness!
People like Moreno are bullies and they hide behind a keyboard and criticize others, that is just sad.
I really believe that a majority of council felt that Ms. Steele would be a greater asset to the Hospital Authority than would Mr. Spencer. I have nothing at all against Mr. Spencer, but I think it was a good decision.
Anon

Herndon, PA

#8 Oct 3, 2012
The Spencers are not kooks, they are just passionate about their government. They need to continue being so, but be careful of whose advice they take.

St. Marys, GA

#9 Oct 3, 2012
No, they're kooks. Okay, passionate kooks but kooks nonetheless.
JB bolt

Saint Marys, GA

#10 Oct 3, 2012
Jay are you out of your mind. Why would these guys be in bed with anyone. They vote how they see it. More than I can say for the rest of the Council and you half Sister Debra Hayes. What ever you say we are looking at a fatter Debra telling the story. Shame on you Jay Moreno.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#11 Oct 3, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
No, they're kooks. Okay, passionate kooks but kooks nonetheless.
and you are?
Dilworth

Kingsland, GA

#12 Oct 3, 2012
I was at the council meeting and it amazes me people don't see what's going on. Howell looking to protect his wifes pay check and Bird nominating someone to look after his interests in the Senior Center and the hospital money it gets from the Hospital Authority. People even mention the word consolidation and the Howell/Bird connection goes into overdrive to protect their territory. Connect the dots. Howell's wife Senior Center Director. Bird's parents active Senior Center members. Howell's wife and other Senior Center staff on Jason Spencer's re-election committee. Hence Jeremy Spencer's nomination. Come on people the very people who rant and rave about nepotism and good ole boy politics are doing the same thing they are accusing other of. They are 2 faced and loonies to boot.
Anon

Herndon, PA

#13 Oct 3, 2012
Don't forget other relatives of the Howells are on staff and on the board too. Major protection of jobs going on.
Dilworth

Kingsland, GA

#14 Oct 3, 2012
There you go. People want to know why taxes are high and the city is in such shape. Nepotism and decisions based on protecting family paychecks from the city. You can't talk consolidation in public and protectionism when it comes time to act. Hypocrisy at the highest level.

St. Marys, GA

#15 Oct 3, 2012
Dilworth wrote:
I was at the council meeting and it amazes me people don't see what's going on. Howell looking to protect his wifes pay check and Bird nominating someone to look after his interests in the Senior Center and the hospital money it gets from the Hospital Authority. People even mention the word consolidation and the Howell/Bird connection goes into overdrive to protect their territory. Connect the dots. Howell's wife Senior Center Director. Bird's parents active Senior Center members. Howell's wife and other Senior Center staff on Jason Spencer's re-election committee. Hence Jeremy Spencer's nomination. Come on people the very people who rant and rave about nepotism and good ole boy politics are doing the same thing they are accusing other of. They are 2 faced and loonies to boot.
Bingo! Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!
ground crew

Kingsland, GA

#16 Oct 3, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo! Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!
I saw this response somewhere else today. Can't you at least be a little original, scooterturd?

St. Marys, GA

#17 Oct 3, 2012
I did too, but only after I posted "Bingo..," etc.

Now, for nitpicking, juvenile, assholes with terminal JDS, such as yourself,I'll stipulate that when I came across the other similar statement, my first thought was that the other guy copied me. A quick check of the time stamps revealed that his post preceded mine by about 90 minutes, as I recall.
Table

United States

#18 Oct 3, 2012
Gee Jay I figured you would have said Jeremy was padding his record for his next election. You do say that about people from what I have heard.
Natures Landing

Valdosta, GA

#19 Oct 3, 2012
Dilworth wrote:
I think the "other side" has learned you have to fight fire with fire...and take the whole system down from within.

St. Marys, GA

#20 Oct 4, 2012
Table wrote:
Gee Jay I figured you would have said Jeremy was padding his record for his next election. You do say that about people from what I have heard.
I thought it all to obvious that he was attempting to do "the Royal resume" trick to even merit mention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 6 biggest reasons Im a climate-change skep... 1 hr LonePalm 7
Trump: No transgender individuals in military 1 hr Jorge 6
St. Marys employment opportunites! 8 hr Gubor Detector 23
FBI Seized Smashed Hard Drives From Wasserman S... 8 hr The Media 8
Global Warming-----Or Not 9 hr LonePalm 31
White House purge, Im going to fire everybody, 13 hr Outside the Box 1
F with da man Tue CrazyLikeAFox 2

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance