Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Viet Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
On important questions, the republicans and democrats always vote for themselves and ignore the welfare or needs of the country.
That is why we need a third political party: the Libertarian Party.
on the take

Dornsife, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
The reason Splost might not pass is like more and more other counties who vote no on Splost. The tax is a fraud. Once promoted as a tax on only special capital improvement projects the tax is now being used for just about any special interest goodies.
Make no mistake about it the tax payers of St. Mary are being blackmailed into passing Splost 7.
They cant blackmail us into it. Think of it this way 1st they said could only do projects put into plan,yet they built that thing in park.
2nd.Council said could not use to pay down bond but at the same time said they were going to pay 10 million on it.

They are a bunch of liers that have lost their respect a long time back.
As much hate the yankees will say about this if the city would vote !!!!! 7 WORKING REDNECKS!!!!! into office they would turn this crap around
Retro

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Libertarians are incapable of rational sain opinions and decisions. They want to take us back to the Pre-Lincoln days.
Schoolmarm

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Retro wrote:
Libertarians are incapable of rational sain opinions and decisions. They want to take us back to the Pre-Lincoln days.
"sain"......I see "Hooked on Phonics" didn't work out too well for you.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Retro wrote:
You're on the right track, but just not quite far enough back.

Pre Magna Carta sounds about right.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

on the take wrote:
<quoted text>
They cant blackmail us into it. Think of it this way 1st they said could only do projects put into plan,yet they built that thing in park.
2nd.Council said could not use to pay down bond but at the same time said they were going to pay 10 million on it.
They are a bunch of liers that have lost their respect a long time back.
As much hate the yankees will say about this if the city would vote !!!!! 7 WORKING REDNECKS!!!!! into office they would turn this crap around
Like during the Brandon regime? I think most of them are still alive and in town.

By the way, that "thing" in the park was a desperate, last ditch attempt to buy the DMA vote by former Mayor Eskridge, hardly a "Yankee."

The word is "liars" and what you attempted to say - but failed - was that YOU had lost YOUR respect for THEM. WHat you wrote conveyed exactly the opposite.

Will you be running? You are obviously well qualified per your criteria.
on the take

Dornsife, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Dont have the temper for them,I'm way to honest.
I have no use of jerry brandon.
trust me eskridge is/was a bigger POS than your buddy hase.
That last attempt shit dont fly they said that it was the LAW that every project had to be voted on beforehand. Thats no different than Bill Smith spending drug money the way he did or is it ok to spend it like that if council says its fine to.
Are you saying bill broke the law and the council did not.
they voted not the mayor to get votes from a certain dept. You do have a letter stating this right.
Caution

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Did anyone hear anything about smpd at council meeting tonight, I did not get to go.
on the take

Dornsife, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Caution wrote:
Did anyone hear anything about smpd at council meeting tonight, I did not get to go.
Just more pissing down your leg and say it was raining. Said they had put a commitee together and had 1 meeting, but failed to say that in the 12/3/12 agenda packet there was a iner office memo where a cunsultant group ad advised them to get rid of PD. Just more BS from a the mickey mouse group.
quietus

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Its over, Saint Marys is broke and the only thing left is will you run all the businesses out of town or close the Police Dept.

If DeLoughy and gang continue down this road they will be playing to and empty house.
on the take

Dornsife, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

quietus wrote:
Its over, Saint Marys is broke and the only thing left is will you run all the businesses out of town or close the Police Dept.
If DeLoughy and gang continue down this road they will be playing to and empty house.
I disagree,if they would make proper cuts in every department, cut all their special projects. They are hiring cunsultants to tell water/sewer dept.that if they would put greese in greese fittings that it would help the machines would last longer.I DONT need a degree to tell me that its called "common sense" that if we cut a treatment plant down it would save money. Yetinstead of telling workers to work harder they say to close 1 site but just move employees to the other and double up on help.
on the take

Dornsife, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Willing to bet I could get my wife down there and they would see a person that is tight on money.She has a lot to do with why we are in the shape we are.
Hell she can tell me buy the amount of gas I use of how bad/fast I drive or if its time to change the oil in my boat motor.
Caution

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Just sick and tired of all the money they spend that has nothing to do with running the town the way it should be, sell off real estate and get the books back to taking care of our city business not their special interest projects, that is what has got us in this mess.
Concerned

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

How bout the waste in the county? That is the real problem. From waste in every are of our local government . How many employees are paid to do a job and do not work as hard as they should? Why shouldn't saint Mary's not have a police department ? Because we are over staffed with lazy employees thru every part of the saint Mary's government ! So we lose a police department ? It should be down sized not gone. Most of them are propped up in their car on a cell phone most of the time they should be working. Keep the good employees and fire the rest.
Green Mountain Boys

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Thank God, Now maybe St Marys will turn in their charter. For many decades the city government has been a disaster. No one in St Marys government knows shit about running a government. Stop all the silly ideating about hair brained plans of becoming a tourist destination. Focus on the basic needs of the city: public safety and public works. Turn public over the the county and what do you have left: public works; now turn public works over to a county public works department and turn in the city charter. Enough of fools, idiots and crooks playing like important community leaders while ripping off tax payers with thier silly, crooked and ill concieved ideas.

The city owns too much real estate, sell some of it and pay down the debt. Sell the airport. Sell the Gilman yacht club. Get out of the water park business. Get out of the library business, the county library is good enough. Get rid of the old checker club senior center. Make yachts pay to dock at city docks and pay for the electricity they use. Focus on the needs of the homeowner taxpayers in the outlying subdivisions. Stop pouring money down the downtown rat hole.

Turn the PD assets over to county law enforcement.

Do these things and turn in the city charter.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Green Mountain Boys wrote:
Thank God, Now maybe St Marys will turn in their charter. For many decades the city government has been a disaster. No one in St Marys government knows shit about running a government. Stop all the silly ideating about hair brained plans of becoming a tourist destination. Focus on the basic needs of the city: public safety and public works. Turn public over the the county and what do you have left: public works; now turn public works over to a county public works department and turn in the city charter. Enough of fools, idiots and crooks playing like important community leaders while ripping off tax payers with thier silly, crooked and ill concieved ideas.
The city owns too much real estate, sell some of it and pay down the debt. Sell the airport. Sell the Gilman yacht club. Get out of the water park business. Get out of the library business, the county library is good enough. Get rid of the old checker club senior center. Make yachts pay to dock at city docks and pay for the electricity they use. Focus on the needs of the homeowner taxpayers in the outlying subdivisions. Stop pouring money down the downtown rat hole.
Turn the PD assets over to county law enforcement.
Do these things and turn in the city charter.
That, or elect people committed to doing what you suggest under the aegis of the city charter as an interim step to consolidation.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

on the take wrote:
Dont have the temper for them,I'm way to honest.
I have no use of jerry brandon.
trust me eskridge is/was a bigger POS than your buddy hase.
That last attempt shit dont fly they said that it was the LAW that every project had to be voted on beforehand. Thats no different than Bill Smith spending drug money the way he did or is it ok to spend it like that if council says its fine to.
Are you saying bill broke the law and the council did not.
they voted not the mayor to get votes from a certain dept. You do have a letter stating this right.
It was both a last ditch effort by Eskridge as well as a knowing violation of state law. I recognized it as such and said so sat the time and still do. In fact, during the meeting in which it was voted in, during the discussion, the fact that state law required any unexpended funds allocated to a city's DCESIGNATED AND APPROVED SPLOST funded projects had to be returned to the county
at the end of that year was in fact cited openly as a reason to piss away some $350,000 on "the thing."

I was simply a continuation of the well established St. Marys tradition of viewing the O.C.G.A. as a list of suggestions.
Really

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
It was both a last ditch effort by Eskridge as well as a knowing violation of state law. I recognized it as such and said so sat the time and still do. In fact, during the meeting in which it was voted in, during the discussion, the fact that state law required any unexpended funds allocated to a city's DCESIGNATED AND APPROVED SPLOST funded projects had to be returned to the county
at the end of that year was in fact cited openly as a reason to piss away some $350,000 on "the thing."
I was simply a continuation of the well established St. Marys tradition of viewing the O.C.G.A. as a list of suggestions.
You are exactly correct on all accounts.
on the take

Dornsife, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that our mayor broke the law by voting for "the thing" he was on council,and if I rremeber correct its been about a 4-2 vote for many years so a mayor has not had tp voye
Tom

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

We pay an attorney how much?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of146
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the St. Marys Forum right now

Search the St. Marys Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 57 min Aggie23 39,413
Alinsky's 8 levels of control 1 hr Bumer 5
Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary 1 hr Anon 3
StM city manager finalist interviews tomorrow (... 1 hr Horrible 51
So called homeless at WalMart lot exit 1 hr Redneck 9
Chelsea Clinton announces pregnancy 1 hr Mac The Knife 7
Climate change cult has to shout louder to be h... 2 hr LonePalm Sux 2
•••

Rip Current Statement for Camden County was issued at April 18 at 6:10PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
St. Marys Dating