MSNBC Lauds ‘Articulate’ Use Of ‘Blac...

MSNBC Lauds ‘Articulate’ Use Of ‘Black English’

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

“Commander & Chef”

Since: Sep 11

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Jun 30, 2013
Full title: MSNBC Lauds ‘Articulate’ Use Of ‘Black English’ By Inaudible, Mumbling Witness In Zimmerman Trial

Personal Liberty Digest
by Sam Rolley

MSNBC’s expert John McWhorter, a Columbia University linguist, explains that a star witness for the prosecution in the George Zimmerman trial, Rachel Jeantel, was abused by defense attorneys who simply didn’t understand her dialect.

McWhorter explained:“It’s been a little scary. Sometimes it’s like she’s speaking Hungarian, and he’s speaking Cantonese. She’s been articulate, just in a different kind of English than mainstream English, she’s speaking Black English. Everything she says, where you can see the Twittersphere, or people I know thinking she’s making a grammatical mistake. If a Martian came down and the Martian happened to be in South-Central rather than in Grand Rapids, the Martian would have as hard a time figuring out how this dialect worked as any other. She said in the clip that ‘I had told you.’ Many people are thinking,‘why is she using that?’ That’s Black English.”

So, does that mean U.S. courts should begin providing interpreters in cases where Black English speakers and people who speak garden variety English are in mixed company? Ain’t nobody got time for that.

You'll have to click on the link to the story to see the video.

http://personalliberty.com/2013/06/28/msnbc-l...

Why did Rachael Jeantel answer as she did? She did it because she evidently never learned standard English, either at home or in school.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, I am posting this as a commentary on the state of American culture and not the GZ trial. The schools have failed to teach a common, unifying, version of English and insist that the students demonstrate a mastery of that English to advance. Excusing improper English in a courtroom acts to dis-unify the country.

A common mutually understood language acts as a cultural rallying point. It seems our liberal brethren are more interested in separating us than unifying us.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#2 Jun 30, 2013
"A common mutually understood language acts as a cultural rallying point. It seems our liberal brethren are more interested in separating us than unifying us."
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/city/st-marys-ga/T...

Ah, but there's the rub.

Ebonics serves just that function for lower-class, Black, multi-generational-Welfare culture.

This subset of Black Americans do not feel the need to speak Standard American English. Why? Because they have correctly assessed the situation and determined that it is against there better interests to be assimilated into a homogenous society of self reliant Americans.

Why? Because they have become quite comfortable in a subculture which allows them to subsist on an economy that consists entirely of females reproducing for government benefits and males living off multiple females they've impregnated and income from illegal activities.

They have also figured out that so long as there are Liberal Democrats, the gravy train will never stop running so long as their spawn are registered to vote for the continuity of the subsidization of their degenerate lifestyles.

St. Marys, GA

#3 Jun 30, 2013
against their better interests
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#4 Jun 30, 2013
Damn, it's so embarrassing to think that people outside of Camden County can read this garbage. St. Marys Topix proves that many of the stereotypes about the south are true and there are still festering pockets of ignorant bigots.
former democratic voter

Saint Marys, GA

#5 Jun 30, 2013
Anon wrote:
Damn, it's so embarrassing to think that people outside of Camden County can read this garbage. St. Marys Topix proves that many of the stereotypes about the south are true and there are still festering pockets of ignorant bigots.
Says an ignorant bigot!!
Theres's the pot calling the kettle black.. LOL
bubba131

Saint Marys, GA

#6 Jun 30, 2013
Who in their right mind watchs MSNBC?
With those stalwarts of biased news.... Sharpton and Matthews.
Surely noone with an ounce of logic or common sense..
pork chop

Kingsland, GA

#7 Jun 30, 2013
I can't stand Moreno, but he is 100% correct on this one (two posts, same general subject).
Redneck

Kingsland, GA

#8 Jun 30, 2013
Anon wrote:
Anon, Perhaps you should educate yourself with what is going on all over our nation. The brood sows and sperm donors inhabiting The Pines and Cumberland Oaks have brethern and sisters in every part of the USA. Our welfare system is supporting a brooding system that would make any hog farmer happy and prosperous.

There is no such thing as a free lunch and our welfare system and Obamacare will eventually wipe out the huge middle class that was the envy of the world at one time.

SAD

St. Marys, GA

#9 Jun 30, 2013
Anon wrote:
Just out of curiosity:

Do you have a job?

How old are you?

Where were you educated?

Public schools?

Do you vote Democrat?
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#10 Jun 30, 2013
1. Yes.
2. Younger than you by a few years.
3. A university of higher standing than the one you supposedly attended.
4. Of course.
5. Not necessarily.

What does any of that have to do with my original post on this thread? LonePalm's statement "Excusing improper English in a courtroom acts to dis-unify the country" is still ridiculous and Topix is still a breeding ground for semi-illiterate racists such as yourself.

“Commander & Chef”

Saint Marys, GA

#11 Jun 30, 2013
Anon wrote:
1. Yes.
4. Of course.
5. Not necessarily.
What does any of that have to do with my original post on this thread? LonePalm's statement "Excusing improper English in a courtroom acts to dis-unify the country" is still ridiculous and Topix is still a breeding ground for semi-illiterate racists such as yourself.
Are you suggesting that the court provide an English/ Ebonics translator?

I think it is better for the schools to hold students to a high standard of performance in reading, writing, and speaking standard English with NO allowances for currently protected sub-cultures. Demanding less is a disservice to very groups you would pander to.
former democratic voter

Saint Marys, GA

#12 Jun 30, 2013
Anon wrote:
1. Yes.
4. Of course.
5. Not necessarily.
"Not necessarily a democrat"
Now theres a baldfaced lie!!
"Semi-literate"?
Go look in the mirror...
Lone palm postings are very well researched and stated.
Yours could use some work..

“Commander & Chef”

Saint Marys, GA

#13 Jun 30, 2013
I think Anon was referring to Jay rather than me.
Yep

Mcdonough, GA

#14 Jun 30, 2013
former democratic voter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not necessarily a democrat"
Now theres a baldfaced lie!!
"Semi-literate"?
Go look in the mirror...
Lone palm postings are very well researched and stated.
Yours could use some work..
. As could your reading comprehension.....he was talking about Moreno.

St. Marys, GA

#15 Jul 1, 2013
Anon wrote:
1. Yes.
4. Of course.
5. Not necessarily.
I'm always interested in how one becomes a Libtard.

From what university did you receive your Lib indoctrination?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brilliant Mr. President 4 hr A Team 1
"Failing All Tests of the Presidency" 4 hr NFL Guy 3
"Don't Hire People Who Are Smarter Than You" 6 hr LonePalm 9
Thanks JDA and Spaceport 6 hr Libertarian 2
Clownboy to address the nation tonight (8.21.2017) 10 hr Ken 3
Your illiterate President 11 hr Vet 10
Not One Republican Would Defend Trump 11 hr Vet 5

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance