ban guns with white house executive orders?

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anon

Herndon, PA

#1 Jan 15, 2013
it's pretty certain our president obama will use executive orders to improve the nations gun safety stance where it needs strengthening which has some tinfoil hat wearing republicans seeing blood and threatening impeachment, bla bla bla. so i ask, don't republicans know anything about the recent past or history as they call it? if you fit in that camp take a moment and read this then go chill because whatever the president does will be good for the country not his party like another party habitually does.

In 1989, then-President George H.W. Bush halted the importation of some semi-automatic firearms that could be considered “assault weapons” under existing legal authority provided by the 1968 Gun Control Act, under the determination that they were not “particularly suitable for or readily adapting to sporting purposes.”

Bush used his executive powers after a career criminal killed five kids and wounded 29 others with an AK-47 assault rifle on Jan. 27, 1989, in California.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 15, 2013
Both parties suck. Dontcha get it?

None of this has ANYTHING to do with 'protecting the children'.
bubba131

Fernandina Beach, FL

#3 Jan 15, 2013
Guns are inanimate objects and cannot kill...
Cars are inanimate objects and cannot kill..
Canoes are inanimate objects and cannot kill..
Popcorn is an inanimate object and cannot kill..

People operating inanimate objects kill.... not the objects themselves...DUH...
Anon

Herndon, PA

#5 Jan 16, 2013
bubba131 wrote:
Guns are inanimate objects and cannot kill...
Cars are inanimate objects and cannot kill..
Canoes are inanimate objects and cannot kill..
Popcorn is an inanimate object and cannot kill..
People operating inanimate objects kill.... not the objects themselves...DUH...
Sorry dude, American's ain't buying that song and dance story any longer. Guns kill. Period. Bush banned some and so will Obama. Then laws are going to change. Attitudes already have.
bubba131

Fernandina Beach, FL

#6 Jan 16, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dude, American's ain't buying that song and dance story any longer. Guns kill. Period. Bush banned some and so will Obama. Then laws are going to change. Attitudes already have.
Anon,
Whether they buy it or not is immaterial.
The people pilling the trigger kill.... guns cannot kill as they are inanimate.
Simple logic..
bubba131

Fernandina Beach, FL

#7 Jan 16, 2013
Make that "pulling the trigger"
( my spelling ability decreases with age)

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#8 Jan 16, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
O, yes. My attitude is changing right now as I listen to the Commie-Lib-in-Chief in the background on Fox news.
Gvmt Colostophy Bagfull

Kingsland, GA

#9 Jan 16, 2013
Let no crisis go to waste. Ten times more people are killed each year by medical malpractice and automobiles that are killed by firearmes.

However, government now has 100% control of the medical industry and automobile industry. Time to focus on the 2nd Amendment.

As was promised to Medvidav for Putin, during this second term we will get control of the peoples ability to defend themselves and to fight back. We will disarm them.

We are moving forward toward one idealic world government. Imagine there is no heaven it's easy if you try, no religion to die for and never know why. We must make the people stop clinging to their guns and religions. Come join us.
Tinfoilnotallowe d

Herndon, PA

#10 Jan 16, 2013
Gvmt Colostophy Bagfull wrote:
As was promised to Medvidav for Putin, during this second term we will get control of the peoples ability to defend themselves and to fight back. We will disarm them.
How about a reference or citation or some source other than your tinfoil wrapped brain for this "promise" oh weird one.
Amazing

Herndon, PA

#11 Jan 16, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
and if this happens you can prepare for life as you know it to hault. Prepare for the government to control every aspect of your life, and eventually rule you completely. It's only a matter of time before "ethnic cleansing" begins here or something similar based on the tyrant's preference at the time. What you fail to understand is that guns are not hindering this nation. They are putting fear in other countries who wish to take us over and our government who knows that if they piss enough people off we can rise up and overthrow a tyranical leadership. Not so if they take our weapons.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#12 Jan 16, 2013
I think Obamanation has jut gone a bridge too far.

The irony is that now it will be worth while for the drug cartels south pf the order to smuggle those same "Fast and Furious" gunsand thousands more back into the U.S.

O Bro better damned sure be prepared to revoke posse commitatus if he hopes to see enforcement of his latest grab of American birthrights.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#13 Jan 16, 2013
I,(NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

"Foreign and domestic." Good. Obama is covered either way.

I hope GI's are never faced with the choice that may well have to be made to save this country.
David

Kingsland, GA

#14 Jan 16, 2013
Ruby Ridge and Waco were nothing compared to what the ATF might do now under the "Patriot Act."

With drones and and the National Security Agency spying on us, the American People are in trouble.

“Commander & Chef”

Since: Sep 11

Saint Marys, GA

#15 Jan 16, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
I,(NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
"Foreign and domestic." Good. Obama is covered either way.
I hope GI's are never faced with the choice that may well have to be made to save this country.
My oath was slightly different and said nothing about the President of the United States, other officers, or the UCMJ.

I,[name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#16 Jan 16, 2013
Yes, as I'm sure you know, the one I cited was for enlisted folks. There is yet a another slightly different one for enlisted in the National Guards which references the governor and state constitutions.

I would guess there may be a slightly different version for National Guard officers as well.
Tinfoilnotallowe d

Herndon, PA

#17 Jan 16, 2013
What a bunch of delusional, paranoid, insecure losers. Republicans/Teapublicans all I'm sure.

Kingsland, GA

#18 Jan 17, 2013
US MARINE CORPS OATH OF ENLISTMENT
"I,(pick a name the police won't recognize), swear..uhhhh....high-and-tight .... grunt... cammies....kill....fix bayonets....charge....slash... .dig....burn....blowup....ugh. ..Air Force women....beer.....sailors wives.....air strikes....yes SIR!....whiskey....liberty call....salute....Ooorah Gunny....grenades...women....O ORAH! So Help Me Chesty PULLER!"

X__________
Thumb Print
XX __________
Teeth Marks

OORAH!
bubba131

Fernandina Beach, FL

#19 Jan 17, 2013
Tinfoilnotallowed wrote:
What a bunch of delusional, paranoid, insecure losers. Republicans/Teapublicans all I'm sure.
And you democrats are perfect??
LOL LOl You're an idiot
NFL Guy

Herndon, PA

#20 Jan 17, 2013
bubba131 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you democrats are perfect??
LOL LOl You're an idiot
Are we Democrats perfect? No, we're a big tent party and we all don't agree. Where we differ with republicans/teapublicans is that in the end, we Democrats put the good of the country before our party in our decision making. Also, we don't have near the number of batsh*t crazy people as you'll do. And lastly, the other major difference is that were still in charge of the White House and Senate and you're not, despite you're billion dollar election fail. Good times!

Location hidden

#21 Jan 18, 2013
Both parties suck and all of ya going at each other like spoiled children, calling each other and their respective parties names..... Your stupid.

'One size' legislation dosn't 'fit all'. What might be good for the major metropolis' ain't right for rural folks.
There's a very large population in this country that dosn't require, nor wants, the goverment.... republatards OR demoturds... to tell 'em how to live, what to do, how to raise their children, etc.

Don't take away my right, or legal ability, to own a mean, evil, black war-weapon... or any other gun... because 'your' scared of how it looks or what SOMEBODY with evil in their heart 'might' do.
I, as well as 99% of the countrys LEGAL gun owners, arn't the problem.

More laws ain't gonna change a thing. When our goverment, as well as 'we the people', can be proactive and use critical thought instead of being reactive and allowing emotions and fear control what we think and do.... then we can begin to do what's right and rebuild this countrys greatness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Marys Election Prediction 3 min Jorge 41
Do not vote for Nunn 8 min Nancy 4
Ethics? Moi? 13 min Get Real 11
Bob has a problem 1 hr nancy 24
Research on "black gill" in shrimp. 3 hr anon 24
Parsing The Nutter's issues. 5 hr Jay Moreno 8
St.Marys Seafood - Breast Cancer Awareness 9 hr Yuk 2
St. Marys Dating
Find my Match

St. Marys Jobs