Some very sad and belated "news" from...

Some very sad and belated "news" from Aunt B's.

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#1 Feb 19, 2011
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Some very sad and belated "news."

I had lunch at Aunt B's today. I've been cutting back on the frequency of my eating out for the last couple of months in an effort to shed some weight.

At the register, I overheard a conversation which led to my discovering that my friend, Cathy Gentry, co-owner of Aunt B's, had a serious cerebro-vasciular accident, or stroke, while working in the restaurant back on January 15th.

She was rushed to Shands and has been there ever since. I understand that they subsequently discovered that her right carotid artery was 100% blocked! I'm told she had a fairly large frontal lobe stroke in the restaurant, then another, smaller, occipital lobe stroke at the hospital. She has left side hemiparalysis, but her right side was unaffected.

The good news is that Shands has a renowned stroke program, headed by my neurologist, Dr. Scott Silliman, who is top notch.

Her dad told me she is now in the stroke rehab unit at Shands.

I'm sure all of her many friends and customers will be praying for her. While cards and letters will surely be appreciated, might I suggest that you also consider a couple of more trips to Aunt B's than usual and telling the cashier "This one's for Cathy."

Kudos to Janie and the whole staff for pitching in to fill the large gap.
Frank Hall

North Anson, ME

#2 Feb 19, 2011
Funny, you are such "good friends" and you are at Aunt B's 3-5 times a week yet it takes over a month for you to find out about this? Maybe you should step back and examine your "friendship".
wburnes

Milton, FL

#3 Feb 19, 2011
Frank Hall wrote:
Funny, you are such "good friends" and you are at Aunt B's 3-5 times a week yet it takes over a month for you to find out about this? Maybe you should step back and examine your "friendship".
Frank, I find it most amusing on your take with Julian. He's a piece of work as well as a POS!

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#4 Feb 19, 2011
I'm in there less than once per week.

It's a simple case of everyone assuming that someone else had already told me. They were all in disbelief when they found out today that I had not heard.

You know, it takes a particularly evil bastard to pursue whatever your problem is on this thread.

And yes, Tripp Dead Beat Casey, I know it's you. It figures.
wburnes

Milton, FL

#5 Feb 19, 2011
Moreno Jay wrote:
I'm in there less than once per week.
It's a simple case of everyone assuming that someone else had already told me. They were all in disbelief when they found out today that I had not heard.
You know, it takes a particularly evil bastard to pursue whatever your problem is on this thread.
And yes, Tripp Dead Beat Casey, I know it's you. It figures.
One more enemy Julian, maybe two!
Weeble

United States

#6 Feb 19, 2011
Moreno Jay wrote:
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Some very sad and belated "news."
I had lunch at Aunt B's today. I've been cutting back on the frequency of my eating out for the last couple of months in an effort to shed some weight.
At the register, I overheard a conversation which led to my discovering that my friend, Cathy Gentry, co-owner of Aunt B's, had a serious cerebro-vasciular accident, or stroke, while working in the restaurant back on January 15th.
She was rushed to Shands and has been there ever since. I understand that they subsequently discovered that her right carotid artery was 100% blocked! I'm told she had a fairly large frontal lobe stroke in the restaurant, then another, smaller, occipital lobe stroke at the hospital. She has left side hemiparalysis, but her right side was unaffected.
The good news is that Shands has a renowned stroke program, headed by my neurologist, Dr. Scott Silliman, who is top notch.
Her dad told me she is now in the stroke rehab unit at Shands.
I'm sure all of her many friends and customers will be praying for her. While cards and letters will surely be appreciated, might I suggest that you also consider a couple of more trips to Aunt B's than usual and telling the cashier "This one's for Cathy."
Kudos to Janie and the whole staff for pitching in to fill the large gap.
Are you praying for her, Jay? Or are you just keeping your fingers crossed?

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#7 Feb 19, 2011
No, I'm not. That would be hypocritical. I'm hoping for the best posible outcome.

However, Cathy is a devout Christian and would no doubt be comforted by knowing that decent Christian people will be praying for her.

Needless to say, I hope to reach those kind of people via my blog, not here.
ANON

United States

#8 Feb 19, 2011
I certainly wish the best for Cathy.
Curious

United States

#9 Feb 19, 2011
So Jay, what would your response be if you heard that Kearns suffered a similar tragedy? In that you've wished that she would "choke and die, bitch" and worse (mocking the death of her sister etc.), what would you say?
I wish all the best for Cathy but I find your sudden humanity suspect to say the least.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#10 Feb 20, 2011
I say again: I have never written word one about Kearns' late sister or late parents. I only post under my own name, unlike Kearns.

Would I mourn Kearns? Of course not. The Crazy Canuck virago is an evil bitch. Her demise would be a good thing.
Diceman

United States

#11 Feb 20, 2011
Moreno Jay wrote:
I say again: I have never written word one about Kearns' late sister or late parents. I only post under my own name, unlike Kearns.
Would I mourn Kearns? Of course not. The Crazy Canuck virago is an evil bitch. Her demise would be a good thing.
......and I wonder how yours would be looked upon by your fellow Camden Countians.
LarryG

United States

#12 Feb 20, 2011
Moreno Jay wrote:
I say again: I have never written word one about Kearns' late sister or late parents. I only post under my own name, unlike Kearns.
Would I mourn Kearns? Of course not. The Crazy Canuck virago is an evil bitch. Her demise would be a good thing.
Liar. You posted your disgusting remarks on that joke that you call your blog. Of course now you'll just go back (as usual) and remove those comments.
Anon

Inola, OK

#13 Feb 20, 2011
Moreno Jay wrote:
I'm in there less than once per week.

It's a simple case of everyone assuming that someone else had already told me. They were all in disbelief when they found out today that I had not heard.

You know, it takes a particularly evil bastard to pursue whatever your problem is on this thread.

And yes, Tripp Dead Beat Casey, I know it's you. It figures.
You know why they don't tell you. It is because they know u will broadcast it on here. Have some respect. Why would you ever write anything like this. All you do is bring negative attention to the restaurant and this ladies problem. You are a distinguishing horrible man

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#14 Feb 20, 2011
How in the hell does that bring "negative attention" to the restaurant? You're an idiot.

In fact, the fact that the quality of food and service has not diminished one iota is a testament to how well Cathy has trianed her staff and how much they love the lady.
Anon

Inola, OK

#15 Feb 20, 2011
Moreno Jay wrote:
How in the hell does that bring "negative attention" to the restaurant? You're an idiot.

In fact, the fact that the quality of food and service has not diminished one iota is a testament to how well Cathy has trianed her staff and how much they love the lady.
I will tell you how. Everyone at that restaurant hates you. People do not go there because of you. The wait staff runs there mouth all around town about it. I can not believe you would go this low by talking about this ladies condition on a public forum. There is a proper place for that talk and it is not here. Haven't you caused enough trouble to the restaurant? If I was Alex's husband cripple or not I would f-uck you up

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#16 Feb 20, 2011
Bullshit! To a woman,the waitstaff at Aunt B's are all quite pleasant. We get along just fine and have for years.

There's not a damned soul who does not goe there because of me. Pure bullshit.

No, if he had any balls, Mr. Alex would shut that bitch up.

Why don't you just pretend you're Mr. Alex and give it your best shot. Anytime, big mouth.
LarryG

United States

#17 Feb 20, 2011
Alex and her husband just think that Jays a poor, sad crackpot. They ignore him like most people do.
Anon

Inola, OK

#18 Feb 20, 2011
Moreno Jay wrote:
Bullshit! To a woman,the waitstaff at Aunt B's are all quite pleasant. We get along just fine and have for years.

There's not a damned soul who does not goe there because of me. Pure bullshit.

No, if he had any balls, Mr. Alex would shut that bitch up.

Why don't you just pretend you're Mr. Alex and give it your best shot. Anytime, big mouth.
You are crazy as hell. You bring that poor lady up on this horrible forum. You have no respect what so ever for her. Why would you do that Jay is sick. You know what people think of you. You are so filled with hate. Decent people steer clear of you. People will not go to the restaurant because you may harass them and attack them on here afterwards. This is a fact. The girls there can't stand you and they know what you have done to their business. They know that you will slander them on here so they pretend to like you. Someone is going to take you up on that offer. Are you really stupid enough to believe you don't affect Aunt Bs business Jay?

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#19 Feb 20, 2011
Of course I do - every time they drop my money into the register or spend a tip. The rave reviews I write are far more beneficial, however.

Why don't you take me up on that offer, hero?
anon

United States

#20 Feb 20, 2011
"No, if he had any balls, Mr. Alex would shut that bitch up." Nice, Jay. Smacked around any women lately?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Marys employment opportunites! 7 hr tom 19
F with da man 8 hr CrazyLikeAFox 2
The 6 biggest reasons Iím a climate-change skep... 8 hr LonePalm 3
Does our Sheriff really support battered women? 12 hr Nicole Brown 34
Global Warming-----Or Not 13 hr TaDa 29
Bye-Bye Spicey 15 hr Jorgee 21
FBI Seized Smashed Hard Drives From Wasserman S... 16 hr Sheeple 6

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages