BEWARE of "A Happy Cab" taxi service

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 25, 2012
If you have cause to use the services of "A Happy Cab" taxi service, beware of hidden fare fees. I was forced touse their services this morning and the following ensued:
My car broke down on I-95 North. I called "A Happy Cab" taxi service and asked if they had a flat fee for their services, as I had been told by a few friends.
Stacey Dixon, formerly Stacey Crumb, formerly involved with the auto detailing shop "Styling FX", informed me that they charged a flat fee of five dollars for eight miles.

I explained that I was on I-95 North, one mile south of the Woodbine exit 14 and needed to get to the Woodbine jail. I asked if they could get me to work. She cheerily replied they could, and had me explain again where I was, and made no mention that they would be including the mileage from their business site in the eight miles. I naturally thought that the eight miles would not start until they picked me up, as other cab companies start their meters when they pick up the fare. I had intended to pay ten dollars, anyway.

When the cab driver had me half-way to work, he asked if I had been told that the flat fee would be twenty-five dollars, because they included the mileage from their business site to where they picked me up on I-95 North.

When I got to work, I called "A Happy Cab" and spoke with Stacey, I informed her that I did not appreciate not being told that the fare would be five times the amount she quoted over the phone and that I would be sharing my experience with my friends and acquaintances. She responded "I should have left you on the side of the road" and then hung up on me; How very professional of her.
Thanks for the warning

Kingsland, GA

#2 Jul 25, 2012
Who owns "Happy Cab?" Is Charles Davis still in he taxi business?
native son

Arvada, CO

#3 Jul 26, 2012
What a dunb ass, no wonder you work at the jail, u really thought someone would drive to Woodbine pick u up and drive you a few miles for $10.00? I fyou did u are to stupid to even be a jailer.
AUC

Since: May 10

Atlanta, GA

#4 Jul 26, 2012
native son wrote:
What a dunb ass, no wonder you work at the jail, u really thought someone would drive to Woodbine pick u up and drive you a few miles for $10.00? I fyou did u are to stupid to even be a jailer.
You donít have to call somebody
-dumb ass
-stupid
Also if I agree with your opinion!
Precipitancy

Saint Marys, GA

#5 Jul 26, 2012
Before you go head long into a verbal contract you should have considered the fact that you were 14 miles from no where. How could a driver go all the way to Woodbine and drop you off and make his way back to at least exit 3 before he would be in a zone that could produce another cab rider. This would take far more time and money than $8.00 you are some kind of dumb to think people want to pick you up off side of I-95 and drop you off in three miles from the exit have to travel back to I-95 enter south bound and exit 3.

Just the fuel alone could come close to two gallons. no wear and tear on auto let alone the driver being paid for his time of better than an hour from start to finish. I hope you tipped the driver well.
Browntown

Orlando, FL

#6 Jul 26, 2012
Could this be grumblings from a tommy supporter upset that happy cab has a bill smith advertisement?
Hallucination

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Jul 26, 2012
AUC wrote:
<quoted text>
You donít have to call somebody
-dumb ass
-stupid
Also if I agree with your opinion!
Some times the word fits and nothing else describes the person.
Hallucination

Saint Marys, GA

#8 Jul 26, 2012
Browntown wrote:
Could this be grumblings from a tommy supporter upset that happy cab has a bill smith advertisement?
Oh No, tell me it is not true. Tommy would not stoop that low.
Brown Round

Kingsland, GA

#10 Jun 10, 2013
Cabs aren't cheap. Talk sometimes is. Next time ask more questions. Too bad for the misunderstanding. What we have here is a failure to communicate.
Anon

United States

#13 Jun 10, 2013
You drive from one end of this country to the other for less than $10. $25 is highway robbery. No pun intended.

“Commander & Chef”

Since: Sep 11

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Jun 10, 2013
I think the point was that he was quoted one price and charged another after he was already obligated to pay.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#16 Jun 12, 2013
Call the rec center and ask to speak to Shawnee. She can give you the details.
owners should fix this

Atlanta, GA

#17 Mar 23, 2015
Happy Cab has shafted a few of my friends and most recently a few collage students
smellyoldford

Saint Marys, GA

#18 Mar 23, 2015
I guess you didn't have a happy ending.
elliemae

Saint Marys, GA

#19 Mar 23, 2015
owners should fix this wrote:
Happy Cab has shafted a few of my friends and most recently a few collage students
I have a degree in collage. I make some purdy ones too.
Jed

Saint Marys, GA

#20 Mar 23, 2015
elliemae wrote:
<quoted text>I have a degree in collage. I make some purdy ones too.
Hey, that's the way they spell it over yonder.
disgusted

Kingsland, GA

#21 Jul 11, 2015
People..you live in bumfuck ga.....get a clue..also I agree..u r a Dumbass
disgusted

Kingsland, GA

#22 Jul 11, 2015
ellie???..you make happy endings??didn't know you could get a degree in whoring????...Lmao

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#23 Jul 11, 2015
disgusted wrote:
ellie???..you make happy endings??didn't know you could get a degree in whoring????...Lmao
But you can get a government guaranteed loan to become a licensed massage therapist at any of a number of store front locations in Jax.
CJs tootsey roll

Kingsland, GA

#24 Jul 11, 2015
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
But you can get a government guaranteed loan to become a licensed massage therapist at any of a number of store front locations in Jax.
Yeah, little difference from a free Georgia college education at a regional 2 or 4 year college for old people on a space available basis..........that won't be used for anything except so called bragging rights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA nominee Ronny Jackson withdraws 17 min Out of Control 1
$3,700,000.00 Public Funds With Missing Annual ... 58 min No Audit Audrey 6
Jim Stein (Apr '14) 2 hr anon 40
State Rep Race 2 hr LifeLong Resident 50
Trump Trolls the Clintons (Again) 3 hr The almost Presid... 2
The bar is low for Trump's best people 12 hr Alice 4
More good news for America & Democrats 4/25 15 hr Please 4

St. Marys Jobs

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages