miami

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

that s the only thing that will save st mary s. thats a fact.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps when the space center is not busy, they can horizontally launch tourists over to Fernanadina.
Barry Wiess

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
Perhaps when the space center is not busy, they can horizontally launch tourists over to Fernanadina.
I like that. Or how about dropping them over the side in a dinghy as the cargo ships are leaving the new port off Point Peter.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

How about a lighter-than-air ferry service from our bustling airport?

Or perhaps a surplus Marine Osprey?
tidbit

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
How about a lighter-than-air ferry service from our bustling airport?
Or perhaps a surplus Marine Osprey?
ding - ding. st. marys own blimp filled with the hot air generated at city hall. conservation at its finest.
Really

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Moreno Jay wrote:
I bet you got that information directly from your buddy JDA's Davy Keating.
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

This would be worse than electing Middleton or Sweat in as Probate Judge. However this is Camden the land of unethical, uninformed, predetermined elections. The highlight of all of the above being sworn in for us wil be "THAT GOOD, GOOD will be produced again!!!
beer maker

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

There is no way that there will be a bridge built from St. Marys to Fernandina. There have been discussions of one from St. Marys to Chester Road in the past. There is no real benefit for Nassau County for a bridge other than reducing traffic on A1A.
Wharf Rat

Dornsife, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

beer maker wrote:
There is no way that there will be a bridge built from St. Marys to Fernandina. There have been discussions of one from St. Marys to Chester Road in the past. There is no real benefit for Nassau County for a bridge other than reducing traffic on A1A.
The prospect of a bridge to Chester/Blackrock roads might be of some value to both St marys and Fernandina, as it would shorten the distance to Fernandina for southbound travelers wishing to get there from I-95. It would of coarse benifit Fernandina more, but would at least be a way for people to go through St Marys which has never been possible before. It would not be an end of the road destination anymore, which would at least give S.M more exposure.
Cheech

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Spaceport, Sea Port, Bridge to Fernandina. All pipe dreams to the extreme, except you all aren't smoking tobacco.

Could you share a little of that smoke with a friend "in need".
Chong

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

To many late night pot smoking to keep a clear head. Bridge was killed a long time ago Richard Daley had it working and he was shot down.
ya are all crazy

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

that would be like a bridge to no-where for fernandina.
What would it do to their motels on shrimp boat festival weekend.
Gondolas

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

May have a better chance of getting a string of gondolas like they use on mountains for sky lefts but have them enclosed. I actually think it would work and you could put them off in downtown Fernandina and in down town St. Marys on the dog poop park. An enclosed cabin suspended from an overhead cable, used to transport passengers up and down a ski slope or over scenic or treacherous terrain. I think we have the scenic and it would be a tourist attraction.
beer maker

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Wharf Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
The prospect of a bridge to Chester/Blackrock roads might be of some value to both St marys and Fernandina, as it would shorten the distance to Fernandina for southbound travelers wishing to get there from I-95. It would of coarse benifit Fernandina more, but would at least be a way for people to go through St Marys which has never been possible before. It would not be an end of the road destination anymore, which would at least give S.M more exposure.
People already go to Fernandina and it would not shorten the trip very much. Also there could be less traffic on A1A which the businesses from Yulee to the island would not like. Cumberland is the only reason for an out of towner to visit St. Marys.
forsure

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Keep the trash in stank marys! Don't need it in Florida!
bad math

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

He beer maker, sounds like you've been drinking too much of your home brew. A bridge would save motorists at least 35 minutes time. It's only six miles as the crow flies from St. Marys to Fernandina. Depending on traffic, it takes about 45 minutes to drive there from downtown St. Marys. But a bridge will never be built for many reasons, such as cost, environmental hurdles and need.
Truth

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

bad math wrote:
He beer maker, sounds like you've been drinking too much of your home brew. A bridge would save motorists at least 35 minutes time. It's only six miles as the crow flies from St. Marys to Fernandina. Depending on traffic, it takes about 45 minutes to drive there from downtown St. Marys. But a bridge will never be built for many reasons, such as cost, environmental hurdles and need.
The cost would be cut in half. Only a one-way bridge heading south would be required.
miami

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

get ready it s coming hurricane evac rout . trust me iam in the know.but it will have a small tole.it will start in 2017. and that is a fact.
Crony Capitalist Speculat

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

miami wrote:
get ready it s coming hurricane evac rout . trust me iam in the know.but it will have a small tole.it will start in 2017. and that is a fact.
My friend at city hall tells me when something like this is going to happen so I can take advantage of the situation. You don't see me out buying any real estate do you?
beer maker

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

bad math wrote:
You are assuming that a tourist would be in St. Marys. Also the bridge would never be built "as the crow flies".
However I do agree that it would save time for the people who work on the base and live in Fernandina. Another fact is that if it is built from the end of GA 40 in St. Marys, the incline of the bridge would devastate that area of town.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the St. Marys Forum right now

Search the St. Marys Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 10 min Synergy 39,412
Alinsky's 8 levels of control 17 min Bumer 5
Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary 19 min Anon 3
StM city manager finalist interviews tomorrow (... 26 min Horrible 51
So called homeless at WalMart lot exit 28 min Redneck 9
Chelsea Clinton announces pregnancy 36 min Mac The Knife 7
Climate change cult has to shout louder to be h... 1 hr LonePalm Sux 2
•••

Rip Current Statement for Camden County was issued at April 18 at 6:10PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••