boy cott st marys festival this weekend.

boy cott st marys festival this weekend.

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

miami

Herndon, PA

#1 Feb 8, 2013
the boaters and fisherman will get screwed on parking down town in st marys this weekend .i will not spend any money down town. the boaters and fisherman should come first.take it out of camden .tiooc!all you will be doing is supporting the realty cartel and cinnimagical. no thanks!
miami

Saint Marys, GA

#2 Feb 8, 2013
don t go.
float rig

Dornsife, PA

#3 Feb 8, 2013
miami wrote:
the boaters and fisherman will get screwed on parking down town in st marys this weekend .i will not spend any money down town. the boaters and fisherman should come first.take it out of camden .tiooc!all you will be doing is supporting the realty cartel and cinnimagical. no thanks!
I think you are a few bricks short of a full load.
Hunter

Herndon, PA

#4 Feb 8, 2013
That is the effect of sniffing to much bait !
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#5 Feb 8, 2013
No worries. It's just the same ol' crap. These "festivals" have been losing attendance every year because people have come to know that hey aren't going to see anything new. Food is overpriced and poorly prepared. Entertainment is zilch. Arts & Crafts is nothing more than junk. It costs the taxpayers for overtime for the police and ems. Just so a few can pee on each others legs and say "good show".
miami

Saint Marys, GA

#6 Feb 8, 2013
anon wrote:
No worries. It's just the same ol' crap. These "festivals" have been losing attendance every year because people have come to know that hey aren't going to see anything new. Food is overpriced and poorly prepared. Entertainment is zilch. Arts & Crafts is nothing more than junk. It costs the taxpayers for overtime for the police and ems. Just so a few can pee on each others legs and say "good show".
i wish they would just shut it all dam down .it s just a ploy for realty cartel anyway.

Since: Jan 13

Camden County, GA

#7 Feb 8, 2013
A note to anyone considering going, just ignore the above postings grab your family and go, you'll have a good time. I've taken my kids and neighbors kids countless times, they've always have fun. The food, at least what we've bought, has always been fine. The place is well organized and well policed, I've never witnessed or heard of any problems. A lot of people put a lot of time into these small town festivals and it shows. Go and have a good time. It starts at 7am with a new event called the Color Run, which sounds fun (a 1-mile run or walk where the participants get peppered with non-staining, non-toxic colored cornstarch). The kids should love it if you can get them out of bed. I plan on giving it a try myself. Thanks.
WTF

Saint Marys, GA

#8 Feb 8, 2013
I stopped supporting downtown when they complained about a kingfishing tournament sponsor about having their truck at the park.
I have not spent a dime past big A.
They could close Hwy 40 down after the railroad tracks and I would not know or care
miami

Saint Marys, GA

#9 Feb 9, 2013
Camden Vet wrote:
A note to anyone considering going, just ignore the above postings grab your family and go, you'll have a good time. I've taken my kids and neighbors kids countless times, they've always have fun. The food, at least what we've bought, has always been fine. The place is well organized and well policed, I've never witnessed or heard of any problems. A lot of people put a lot of time into these small town festivals and it shows. Go and have a good time. It starts at 7am with a new event called the Color Run, which sounds fun (a 1-mile run or walk where the participants get peppered with non-staining, non-toxic colored cornstarch). The kids should love it if you can get them out of bed. I plan on giving it a try myself. Thanks.
yes well policed a girl got ran over in the perade and it was dead at 3 oclock and no beer venders what a joke.
Pittsoff

Fairport, NY

#10 Feb 11, 2013
I have to agree and disagree, the festivals are a good little jaunt to enjoy for a short time. Parades seem to always be strange to me as they are more just political parades for who is running. I would like to see local businesses put a little more effort into their entries as well. If you are going to enter your business in a parade, atleast build some sort of float, and not just drive your truck with handwritten posterboard on the side. I think the parades still draw a crowd becasue they are in the am and kids still olove them no matter what, but I think more imagination needs to go into the entries. Also, with these festivals, the lack of "events" seems to be nill. There is usually some sort of "run" early in the am, but other than that, lack luster entertainment to keep people down there and lack of other events. Would like to see more crowd participative events. Possibly some better concerts. Not sure exactly how they would do this as I'm not directly involved, but as many years as these have been going on, it would seem someone would have the thought to look into this. I did attend the festival and spent the full morning to early afternoon down there. Visited with people and saw many booths etc. But having attended festivals over the years they have not seemed to have "grown" at all. Maybe that's what I see, or don't see as it were. The festivals do not seem to be getting any bigger or better. They are enjoyable to the extent I get to see alot of people I dont see on a regular basis and my kids still enjoy going. But would like to see some sort of improvement overall, from the festival organizers to the festival participants. Some need to remember it is a festival, in some ways a celebratory event, that if ou only participate in those, there are only a few a year, put some thought and effort in.....more people would attend and stick around..........just my thoughts
WTF

Saint Marys, GA

#11 Feb 11, 2013
I look at this way St.Marys has about 6 different events every year to draw what Woodbine and Kingslands draws in 1 event.
Crawfish in woodbine draws approx 250,000 over that weekend
catfish is about the same with a major national singer every year.
So kingsland and woodbine spends alot less money to draw the same or more people.

One of my buddys does shaved ice at these events and he stopped doing st. marys because its not worth the drive but he still does crawfish and catfish.
If St.Marys would just do rockshrimp and 4th of july that would make the turn out twice it is now holding 6.
would have bigger and better vendors
Table

Madison, WI

#12 Feb 11, 2013
St. Marys does 3 major events, one day each. Woodbine is a day and a half. Kingsland is 3 days. Kingsland no longer has national known talent and hasn't for a number of years. None of the events in St Marys are run by the city.
WTF

Saint Marys, GA

#13 Feb 11, 2013
Table not ran by the city.who was all those people fri.sat. and sun. with SMPW shirts on I wonder who was paying them? was it all volenteers putting up all those streetblockers picking up all the thrash.
Was that at no cost to the city.
major events?
rock shrimp.4th july,madi-gras, haydays christmas light walk christmas in the park, spring fling everyone of those we taxpayers pay overtime to smpw employees that looks like about 6.
On the 4th all the money goes to Kiwanas kingsland and woodbine keeps all their money raised to pay for overtime Keith Dixon made that happen years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
police work in the future 1 hr blue one 1
The JDA Lives Large 1 hr Proof seaker 14
Are the EarthKeepers good for St Marys 3 hr Dill 256
Is Jay alive? 4 hr Anon 11
Hillary 4 hr crooks 2
Bitter Barbra Streisand Out To DESTROY HILLARY ... 5 hr Ted 6
MORENO: what does the word "WHIGGER" mean??? 8 hr Jorge 340
More from around the web

St. Marys People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE