Y'all voted for change so shut up and...

Y'all voted for change so shut up and suck it up.

Posted in the St. Marys Forum

“Make St. Marys great again! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#2 Feb 25, 2013
From the article:

"In a survey released Thursday, the National Retail Federation (NRF) said some 46 percent of consumers plan to spend less as a result of the payroll tax increase. One-third said they will reduce dining out and one-quarter will spend less on “little luxuries,” like manicures and trips to coffee shops."

Well, that ought to kill a million more small businesses in America. Way to go, fools.

Look for more local business closings.
Kanisha

Herndon, PA

#3 Feb 25, 2013
I still got my Obama phone and he still payin' me for my nine kids. Get used to it.
Truth

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Feb 25, 2013
Thanks Jay. Another example on how far our Mayor is removed from reality. Vote no on Splost 7 as he will piss it away just like splost 6. The sewer water bond debt. will get pennies on the dollar. If splost 7 passes we will be having this argument in six years over the same fourty four million debt.

St. Marys, GA

#5 Feb 25, 2013
Truth wrote:
Thanks Jay. Another example on how far our Mayor is removed from reality. Vote no on Splost 7 as he will piss it away just like splost 6. The sewer water bond debt. will get pennies on the dollar. If splost 7 passes we will be having this argument in six years over the same fourty four million debt.
The article says no such thing,but what is one more lie for the local Spencerite crazies in their quest for power by any means necessary?
Truth

Saint Marys, GA

#6 Feb 25, 2013
I see. The Mayor Promises 11 million for water/sewer debt. pay-down based on Splost 7 projected 18.5 million in revenue. Splost 6 collected less than 12 million.

The National Retail Federation isn't looking into the same crystal ball that predicts an economic boom is around the corner. The water/sewer debt. will get pennies on the dollar when revenue comes in at less than ten million/

You, the mayor and the Obama clones stick with name calling and stay away from the facts. History and spreadsheets don't lie.
Liberatarian

United States

#7 Feb 25, 2013
Always vote to reduce the size of this corrupt government.

Less tax equals less government. MORE FREEDOM, LESS GOVERNMENT.

Recognize the RINOs like John Mccain for what they are: big government democrats hiding in the republican party.
Jorge

Woodbine, GA

#8 Feb 25, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
From the article:
"In a survey released Thursday, the National Retail Federation (NRF) said some 46 percent of consumers plan to spend less as a result of the payroll tax increase. One-third said they will reduce dining out and one-quarter will spend less on “little luxuries,” like manicures and trips to coffee shops."
Well, that ought to kill a million more small businesses in America. Way to go, fools.
Look for more local business closings.
How do you propose we keep SS solvent? This is not an increase but the end of a temporary stimulus. You are anti-stimulus are you not?
Master Plan

Saint Marys, GA

#9 Feb 25, 2013
Don't underestimate Obama and his wealthy cronies.

You must of had a job to qualify for social security. The eligibility numbers will be taking a nose dive.
bubba131

Calhoun City, MS

#10 Feb 25, 2013
Hopefully congress will take no action and the sequester thing will be iniated.
Table

Clayton, MI

#11 Feb 25, 2013
They were not allowed to pay down the debt with Splost 6 but they can with Splost 7. It is they way Splost 6 was voted in. I wish you guys would get that through your head.
Truth

Saint Marys, GA

#12 Feb 25, 2013
Table wrote:
They were not allowed to pay down the debt with Splost 6 but they can with Splost 7. It is they way Splost 6 was voted in. I wish you guys would get that through your head.
When splost 6 was passed the water sewer debt wasn't an issue, idiot. Splost 6 was passed because 80% was slated to go for infrastructure. We got less than 18%. Can you get that through your head? Trust these clowns again? No way. Vote no.

St. Marys, GA

#13 Feb 25, 2013
Table wrote:
That's right. Paying the debt service was not on the wish list or the approved list for SPLSOT VI.

They have subsequently found out that I was correct when I stood before council several years ago and told them that my personal reading of the O.C.G.A, said that they could.

Just another example of why high intelligence trumps all-too-common-"common sense."

Call bullshit if you want, but ask those who were there.
Truth

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Feb 25, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. Paying the debt service was not on the wish list or the approved list for SPLSOT VI.
They have subsequently found out that I was correct when I stood before council several years ago and told them that my personal reading of the O.C.G.A, said that they could.
Just another example of why high intelligence trumps all-too-common-"common sense."
Call bullshit if you want, but ask those who were there.
I applaud you sir for your contribution. I certainly hope you were rewarded a consultation fee.
You deserved it.

The fact still remains that the wish list is just that. The City Council will do what they please with splost 7 just as they did with 6. Splost 7 will never result in 18.5 million and 60% will never go for paying off the water/sewer debt.

St. Marys, GA

#15 Feb 25, 2013
Not legally, they won't. It is a "wish list" when it is submitted to the county commission for initial talks. Once the negotiated list is published, apoproved, and put on the ballot, it is law when passed.

If they take the scofflaw approach of prior councils, then I, for one, will be willing to contribute to a fund to take them to court to force them to comply with what the voters voted for.

"I applaud you sir for your contribution. I certainly hope you were rewarded a consultation fee.
You deserved it."

Thank you. Had I been on council, we would have done that ages ago. Keep that in mind in a couple of years.
Well

Fernandina Beach, FL

#16 Feb 26, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Not legally, they won't. It is a "wish list" when it is submitted to the county commission for initial talks. Once the negotiated list is published, apoproved, and put on the ballot, it is law when passed.
If they take the scofflaw approach of prior councils, then I, for one, will be willing to contribute to a fund to take them to court to force them to comply with what the voters voted for.
"I applaud you sir for your contribution. I certainly hope you were rewarded a consultation fee.
You deserved it."
Thank you. Had I been on council, we would have done that ages ago. Keep that in mind in a couple of years.
Had you been on council, you would still have been only one vote.....is your last statement an indicator that you will be running again in a couple of years? I think you should.
What did he Say

Saint Marys, GA

#17 Feb 26, 2013
Moreno would have been first in line voting yes on the four million gallon water sewer expansion plant. Then him and Hase would have been off to the airport for the big special interest move.
Truth

Saint Marys, GA

#18 Feb 26, 2013
The City should hire Jay Moreno as the Splost Czar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
30 yr Republican resigns due to Trump 10 min LonePalm 2
Here is where to watch the DNC live 28 min Camden Dem 6
Trump says something intelligent for a change 1 hr Len4921 3
Hillary's Inconvenient Truth 2 hr I am not nice 6
MORENO: what does the word "WHIGGER" mean??? (Apr '15) 2 hr Concerned St Mary... 366
"Mr. Trump is a unique and present danger." 3 hr Tom 14
CHAOS! At Opening of DNC in Philly - Chairwoman... 3 hr LonePalm 1
Black Lives Mater to invade St.Marys this weekend. 3 hr YouJustPulledAMor... 284
2016 City Council Election 6 hr Laughing Bob 45

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages