Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#41 Feb 17, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. That is the Spencer/Tea Party whack-o way. When you scrape away all the facades, you find a core of deranged, anarchistic, sociopathic, megalomaniacal, exhibitionists.
Jay, You are a damned idiot. You sit there behind the safety of your keyboard and you spout off this rhetoric, but the real question still goes unanswered. When are you going to grow a set and say all that to one of the Spencer's face? I'll answer that for you because all you will do is lie.The answer is,you wont ever do it. Because you are a gutless coward. So now you you cant retort and say how you will be at Walmart today at 3 PM or you will be at the trough at Aunt B's eating around 2 PM to miss the crowd. Say all that you like but we all know if you were face to face with any of them you would clam up. If you did get the nerve to say it to them you would get a face full of spit. I know that's what I would do to your fat ass!
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#42 Feb 17, 2013
SeaBee 1 wrote:
Here's the problem with SPLOST. It is sold as a way to save tax payers on property tax. Well they take the money and build all sorts of new and shiney buildings that must be maintained, staffed and repaired by tax payers. Because you guessed it, you can use SPLOST to build it, but you cannot use SPLOST to maintain it and staff it. So in the long run, SPLOST is actually a huge increase in property tax.
But to be totally honest, my house is under contract and and I am moving to Charlton County where the government is a tad less oppressive.
Yep. If the tax base is in good enough shape that TPTB can give a break to developers in the form of a TAD, then it ought to be in good enough shape to give everyone a break on every purchase they make.
Sane Citizen

United States

#43 Feb 17, 2013
http://www.splost7.com/ Can we ignore Moreno for once and stick to the topic? Anyone who votes no on SPLOST VII is voting for much higher water-sewer and millage rates. It's that simple. Any talk of "punishing council" or making a political statement is just deluded rhetoric from people who are happy to cut off their noses to spite their faces. The only ones a NO vote hurts is the taxpayers so vote YES to VII.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#44 Feb 17, 2013
Sane Citizen wrote:
http://www.splost7.com/ Can we ignore Moreno for once and stick to the topic? Anyone who votes no on SPLOST VII is voting for much higher water-sewer and millage rates. It's that simple. Any talk of "punishing council" or making a political statement is just deluded rhetoric from people who are happy to cut off their noses to spite their faces. The only ones a NO vote hurts is the taxpayers so vote YES to VII.
Not everyone lives in St. Marys, and not everyone in St. Marys has sewer. I've still got an open mind on the issue, but don't really see the case for continuing what was supposed to be a temporary tax, just to bail out a small portion of the county for it's poor decision making skills. It's not that I wish to "punish" them, but I don't want to be an enabler, either.
Howard

Herndon, PA

#45 Feb 17, 2013
I have become somewhat amused at the local Tea Party rhetoric that comes from these individuals who belly up to the government trough on a regular basis. They regularly ridicule any government agency that is not directly involved in cutting their check. They're not against government only the government that isn't paying them money. Just take a look at the individuals who are the most vocal and they are currently or have in the past made their living or portion of their living off of a government agency or affiliate. Comical !!! Show up at a local Tea Party gathering and take a poll. Only one simple question needs to be asked. How many of you are currently or have in the past excepted money from a government agency or its affiliates. Watch'em squirm or lie .
Sane Citizen

United States

#46 Feb 17, 2013
Simplistic dolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone lives in St. Marys, and not everyone in St. Marys has sewer. I've still got an open mind on the issue, but don't really see the case for continuing what was supposed to be a temporary tax, just to bail out a small portion of the county for it's poor decision making skills. It's not that I wish to "punish" them, but I don't want to be an enabler, either.
SPLOST VII (like the six before it) benefits Kingsland, Woodbine, St. Marys and the County. Read the list of projects for each area.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#47 Feb 17, 2013
Telling it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Jay, You are a damned idiot. You sit there behind the safety of your keyboard and you spout off this rhetoric, but the real question still goes unanswered. When are you going to grow a set and say all that to one of the Spencer's face? I'll answer that for you because all you will do is lie.The answer is,you wont ever do it. Because you are a gutless coward. So now you you cant retort and say how you will be at Walmart today at 3 PM or you will be at the trough at Aunt B's eating around 2 PM to miss the crowd. Say all that you like but we all know if you were face to face with any of them you would clam up. If you did get the nerve to say it to them you would get a face full of spit. I know that's what I would do to your fat ass!
I have no doubt that you would. Just don't make me have to shoot your pit bull.
Wake Up

Saint Marys, GA

#48 Feb 17, 2013
Sane Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
SPLOST VII (like the six before it) benefits Kingsland, Woodbine, St. Marys and the County. Read the list of projects for each area.
The project list means nothing.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#49 Feb 17, 2013
Simplistic dolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone lives in St. Marys, and not everyone in St. Marys has sewer. I've still got an open mind on the issue, but don't really see the case for continuing what was supposed to be a temporary tax, just to bail out a small portion of the county for it's poor decision making skills. It's not that I wish to "punish" them, but I don't want to be an enabler, either.
No, you go way beyond simple. Give yourself the credit due an ignorant ass. St. Marys share of the total SPLOST pie is not determined by what they intend to do with it. What they do with it will not effect your governmental entity's share at all.

Yes, purists, I know tha the county can distribute it any way they want to, but, for the most part, it still continues to be divied up roughly IAW populations of the 4 entities in spite of Brandon losing that argument with the late CCC chairman, Bob Becker, in court.
PhD

Saint Marys, GA

#50 Feb 17, 2013
Dean M wrote:
<quoted text>
So your plan is to vote No to SPLOST VII thereby foisting the full burden on the taxpayers by creating "a political crisis"? To hell with the people struggling to get by, to hell with the homeowners and businesses, to hell with everyone as long as you get to play mini-revolutionary? Grow up and take off your tinfoil hat.
It is about growing up...the council and the special interest need to realize their efforts do nothing but put a band-aid on a gun shot wound. Sometimes a healthy struggle is worth the long-term survival of everyone.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#51 Feb 17, 2013
Sane Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
SPLOST VII (like the six before it) benefits Kingsland, Woodbine, St. Marys and the County. Read the list of projects for each area.
Yep, I've read the list of projects, and they mostly benefit the south end of the county. The distribution is weighted heavily in favor of St. Marys. Here's a link for those of us that have a fondness for examining raw data.
http://www.ci.st-marys.ga.us/docs/SPLOST_2013...

Ain't much for those of us that live or own property above the Satilla.
Browntown

Herndon, PA

#52 Feb 17, 2013
I would suggest that with 90% of the population and 95% of the generated revenue occuring south of the picket wire what would you expect.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#53 Feb 17, 2013
Browntown wrote:
I would suggest that with 90% of the population and 95% of the generated revenue occuring south of the picket wire what would you expect.
Exactly. "Simplistic dolt" is several rungs above this fool on the
ladder of human intelligence.
SeaBee 1

Woodbine, GA

#54 Feb 17, 2013
One more item. Who do you think pays the SPLOST here in Camden. It ain't the tourist. UGA Carl Vinson Institute did a study and guess what? 93% of SPLOST is payed by local Camden residents. In fact, we have the highest participation by citizens than any county in georgia. So how is this not a tax. Rather by property tax or SPLOST, your taxes are going up Camden.
Good Grief

Herndon, PA

#55 Feb 17, 2013
Once again it is already here. It is a reauthorization of a current tax. NOT AN ADDED TAX.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#56 Feb 17, 2013
Browntown wrote:
I would suggest that with 90% of the population and 95% of the generated revenue occuring south of the picket wire what would you expect.
98% of all statistics are made up, but according to the figures of the proponents, St. Marys will receive $18 million of the anticipated $44 million in revenue. That's just a hair shy of 41%.
Source: http://www.splost7.com/City-of-St--Marys.html
Taxed enough already

United States

#57 Feb 17, 2013
Why do we want to keep voting to tax ourselves? I spend roughly 65000 a year in Camden on gas, shopping etc. that's another $650 I have to pay on top of all my other property taxes, about $23000. When is enough enough?

And then all of these SPLOST projects are going to have to be fed. There goes my property taxes.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#58 Feb 17, 2013
Good Grief wrote:
Once again it is already here. It is a reauthorization of a current tax. NOT AN ADDED TAX.
You might have missed the "Special" part in Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax. The idea is to fund projects without incurring substantial debt. Here in my other home in Forsyth Co we're building a courthouse/public safety complex this time. Last go round was to purchase greenspace.

So far, the arguments in favor of SPLOST aren't much different from the whining I hear from my BIL after a month long bender.
miami

Saint Marys, GA

#59 Feb 17, 2013
it will not pass trust me i got all the good ol boy s coming out to vote. and all the king fisherman and all the red bass fisher man. its deader than hell!
Jorge

Herndon, PA

#60 Feb 17, 2013
miami wrote:
it will not pass trust me i got all the good ol boy s coming out to vote. and all the king fisherman and all the red bass fisher man. its deader than hell!
As Well said aptly in another post: "And Miami, if your brain had legs, it would take a week to walk around a BB."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The corrupt democrap party and their tools hit ... 3 hr keepitsane 3
The Roy Moore party of rapist and pedophiles 16 hr chucksmga 6
Woodbine-Galactic Culture Center Fri Out of Control 7
St Marys Marine Center Thu LonePalm 5
Camden County Leadership Thu Jack 5
New two-story retail center planned Dec 13 Not a pine left 2
Sarah Sanders shuts down CNN star Jim Acosta's ... Dec 13 Caped Crusader 8

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Marys Mortgages