Big changes in store for Osprey Cove?
George

United States

#21 Mar 18, 2013
You might check out vehicle registration in Ga. Do you have a motorhome?
Amelia Island may be a better investment.

Since: Dec 11

Herndon, PA

#22 Mar 18, 2013
George wrote:
So, in the end, is everyone happy living in Osprey Cove? We are thinking of buying there...Any comments? Thanks...
Osprey Cove is like a little piece of heaven. And it should stay that way as long as Osprey maintains its presence on Council and the Mayor's office.

Remember this, Osprey residents, as November approaches. We need to maintain our visibility in City Government.
AUC

Since: May 10

Atlanta, GA

#23 Mar 18, 2013
Nan-zilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Osprey Cove is like a little piece of heaven. And it should stay that way as long as Osprey maintains its presence on Council and the Mayor's office.
Remember this, Osprey residents, as November approaches. We need to maintain our visibility in City Government.
Trust ... this will change this time!

Since: Dec 11

Herndon, PA

#24 Mar 18, 2013
AUC wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard that before. I'm not even a little worried.
Jim Gnat

Saint Marys, GA

#25 Mar 18, 2013
AUC wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are right and Nanny-girl is wrong. I wonder if the local constuction guy would not mind putting in a bid for the boathouse...m dream of a convention center is still my hope for the city. Who cares about the turds in the river.

Did I tell you all I am passionate about the boathouse property...three years later after the purchase and I am still passionate. SPLOSTgasms for all.
AUC

Since: May 10

Atlanta, GA

#26 Mar 19, 2013
Nan-zilla wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard that before. I'm not even a little worried.
If this is what you hope for than you hope that St. Marys is going down the drain!
Bill G

Elburn, IL

#27 May 17, 2013
Hello.
We visited Osprey Cove recently. Appeared to be a lovely area near a charming village. We're researching this area for our future home. Would very much appreciate help with our research.

Seems to be many houses for sale in this area. Is that just due to the economy or is it a negative place to live and we should look elsewhere?

Would appreciate informative comments.
Thank you.
BG
5/17/2013
Hank

Kingsland, GA

#28 May 17, 2013
Bill G wrote:
Hello.
We visited Osprey Cove recently. Appeared to be a lovely area near a charming village. We're researching this area for our future home. Would very much appreciate help with our research.
Seems to be many houses for sale in this area. Is that just due to the economy or is it a negative place to live and we should look elsewhere?
Would appreciate informative comments.
Thank you.
BG
5/17/2013
Take what I and others on Topix say with a grain of salt. Yesterday I was in a more pleasant and upscale elsewhere. If you want to live within a little glass dome with day passes out then OC is for you.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#29 May 17, 2013
do wa ditty wrote:
New owner.
Long time, highly respected local builder being excluded from future construction in the Cove.
All residents must be members of the club. No more free riders.
Unsavories will be excluded from Cove functions.
Partnership with Cumberland Harbour and shared amenities.
Like it or lump it.
What is happening with the rest of the roads and sewers in Cumberland Harbour? Has work started back there?
Tommy Two Fingers

Saint Marys, GA

#30 May 17, 2013
Nan-zilla wrote:
I like it. This could be the fuel that reignites the St. Marys real estate market, especially the higher end of the spectrum.
You are out of your mind. This little back water town is just that a little back water town that better get some jobs in here. High end real estate is going to St. Simons and Sea Island. what is left over will go South into one of the developments in North Florida that makes a lot more sense than here.
John

Saint Marys, GA

#31 May 21, 2013
jen_st wrote:
<quoted text>
What is happening with the rest of the roads and sewers in Cumberland Harbour? Has work started back there?
I have read in the local papers and seen online that work in Cumberland Harbour is back on. The remaining infrastructure work began last month to finish out roads, sewers, etc. It will be great to see the development get back on track.
Boomer

Lawrenceville, GA

#32 Jan 30, 2016
Travelling and looking at places all over. North Carolina to Alabama to Tennessee. This weekend headed north to see what North Ga looks like. Osprey Cove nice but prices are steep. Jacksonville nice but roads seem to me a mess. Selling a dream here but when must resale could be challenging. Fort Myers so far the nicest.
Jorge

Saint Marys, GA

#33 Jan 30, 2016
Boomer wrote:
Travelling and looking at places all over. North Carolina to Alabama to Tennessee. This weekend headed north to see what North Ga looks like. Osprey Cove nice but prices are steep. Jacksonville nice but roads seem to me a mess. Selling a dream here but when must resale could be challenging. Fort Myers so far the nicest.
For a retiree it it cheaper overall to live in Ga. Taxes for seniors is minimal, local taxes and insurance is less. So too overall COL.
Colonel Lang

Kingsland, GA

#34 Jan 31, 2016
Please don't encourage any more come heres. We're choking on them already.
BullDawg fan

Kingsland, GA

#35 Jan 31, 2016
And if they weren't here supporting our local businesses, we'd be a ghost town! Y'all should follow the golden rule if you don't have anything good to say..........STFU!! Go Dawgs!!!!
Animals should be banned

Saint Marys, GA

#36 Feb 4, 2016
One of those Muslims out there got upset with his wife and cut her nose off. Reason for the act he planned to marry a 7 year old so he cuts 1st wifes nose off.
Abdul

Kingsland, GA

#37 Feb 4, 2016
Animals should be banned wrote:
One of those Muslims out there got upset with his wife and cut her nose off. Reason for the act he planned to marry a 7 year old so he cuts 1st wifes nose off.
What do you expect, with no nose, she look like pig. You know how we feel about pig. Rather marry sheep or 7 year old. No sheep nearby. 7 year old wins my love. Allah approves.
roberta1

Duluth, GA

#38 Feb 9, 2017
Masquerade wrote:
Tell me they are going take that fence down. So we can party. crank up the music and get the party going. Raise hell, Let the old farts know there are other people that live in St. Marys besides them.

They really do need to move inland and get the hell out of the way.
You sound like the neighbors who have given me reason to move from where I am now....do you live in Osprey Cove? With my luck you might be my next door neighbor. Looking for q quiet neighborhood with RESPECTFUL neighbors
roberta1

Duluth, GA

#39 Feb 9, 2017
Boomer wrote:
Hey boomer........I am in you area...looking , too. I wanted to see Osprey...like you...not sure I can afford it.......and some of these posts are scaring me.....hae you looked at the Fairhope, Ala area??
BullDawg fan

Kingsland, GA

#40 Feb 10, 2017
Does anybody notice Boomer's comments are from 2016? I'm sure he's not that slow, if so AL looks best for him. My friends at OC love it there and St Marys. They're retired Military, cops, and others on fixed income who saved a little and shop at Walmart with me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Marys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kingsland tax increase 6 hr Time for a new face 12
Here is your Republican healthcare plan 7 hr Rosco 20
The Saint Marys Topix Censor is working overtime 7 hr Real Simple 5
Is Osprey Cove falling apart? (Mar '12) 8 hr Murray55 197
All 50 state Medicaid directors against Trumpcare 8 hr Do Not Forget 4
AARP on Republican Healthcare (Trumpcare) Plan 8 hr Anon 7
Even Time Magazine can't hide the problem any l... 9 hr Fohreel 2

St. Marys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance