|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

New owner.

Long time, highly respected local builder being excluded from future construction in the Cove.

All residents must be members of the club. No more free riders.

Unsavories will be excluded from Cove functions.

Partnership with Cumberland Harbour and shared amenities.

Like it or lump it.

Since: Dec 11

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

I like it. This could be the fuel that reignites the St. Marys real estate market, especially the higher end of the spectrum.
July

Woodbine, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Nan-zilla wrote:
I like it. This could be the fuel that reignites the St. Marys real estate market, especially the higher end of the spectrum.
Ha! Whose poops stinks the most?

Why Nan's of course.
Jumper

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Nan-zilla wrote:
Let a few more bad things happen around the USA and all will be looking for out of the way places like St. Marys. Problem is it ain't so far off the beaten path now and getting closer to Jacksonville everyday.

A!A looks a lot like Atlantic Ave did 35 years ago. Problem now you built to many section 8 housing units.

Only one place in this area to go. St. Simons Island, one way over and one way off the island. Stop all that coming and going if things get rough.

Nice 4 lane highway to I-95 less than 2 miles from Osprey Cove, not what I would call safe.
Jumper

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

You should see it from the air. Cumberland Harbor OK. Osprey, I would be a little nervous, wondering when that nut would come in the front and having just got off I-95 helter skelter.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>
Let a few more bad things happen around the USA and all will be looking for out of the way places like St. Marys. Problem is it ain't so far off the beaten path now and getting closer to Jacksonville everyday.
A!A looks a lot like Atlantic Ave did 35 years ago. Problem now you built to many section 8 housing units.
Only one place in this area to go. St. Simons Island, one way over and one way off the island. Stop all that coming and going if things get rough.
Nice 4 lane highway to I-95 less than 2 miles from Osprey Cove, not what I would call safe.
St. Simons may be safe from nut cases or if the SHTF, but St. Simons and especially Cumberland Harbour are vulnerable to direct hits by hurricane. Cumberland Harbour would be wiped slick.

If you are concerned about survival in a natural or man made disaster, move inland to high ground and build a 20' reinforced concrete fence around your property. Have fun.
Masquerade

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Tell me they are going take that fence down. So we can party. crank up the music and get the party going. Raise hell, Let the old farts know there are other people that live in St. Marys besides them.

They really do need to move inland and get the hell out of the way.
Hallucination

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Nan-zilla wrote:
Do you have these hallucinations often ? On what planet have you been living on. Too start with no one is making loans (very few) and the ones that do have money aren't buying in this delusional place.
It is cheaper to rent than buy or own. Taxes going through the roof the water and sewage over the top. and St. Marys is going broke because they took bribes from developers plain and simple this place is in a paranoid delusional state at this point in time. Go peddle you garbage somewhere else.
look in the mirror ahole

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Hallucination wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Marys is going broke because they took bribes from developers plain and simple this place is in a paranoid delusional state at this point in time. Go peddle you garbage somewhere else.
Talk about a paranoid, delusional dipstick........you take the cake.
flip flop

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

What about the changes at the Cove. That is what this topic is about.

Sounds like many of the residents are going to be required to chip in on the costs of keeping the place up. Have some of you been letting others carry the load?

It also sounds as though many of the concerns expressed in this forum months ago are going to be addressed. I'm speaking of the loud drunks at the socials, etc. who were described as renters and guests of renters.

And what about the builder who will be excluded from future construction contracts. You mean to say that people who already own a lot in the Cove can't use a builder of their own choosing?
Kim

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Ah, one of the benefits of having a HOA. Not enough outsiders supporting the clubhouse.
Hmmmm

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

This will back fire on them. They are creating more drama for themselves and for the City of St Marys.

Since: Dec 11

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

Now I can go to the Friday evening social at the marina and enjoy my Cabernet and the beautiful sunset without all the tattoos and cigarette smoke.

All this while homes in the Cove are being built and sold at a soon to be realized record pace. Life is good.
simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

There has never been a better time to buy, or sell, a home. Suzanne researched this.
To SELL a home

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

I think not. Unless, of course, you're the listing Realtor.
ah sol Moreno

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

To SELL a home wrote:
I think not. Unless, of course, you're the listing Realtor.
It ain't like trying to sell a little dark gray cracker box backed up to a 3 story "complex" with security lights shining in the windows all night, ah sol.
BILdungsroman

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

Something is a little fishy. Improbable as it sounds why would anyone in these economic times pay more than $5,000.00 per lot on the 157 in Osprey. no tellings how long this new developer / land seller will have to hold the lots. I for one things that almost $23,000.00 per lot is a little steep.

I ask this question: How many houses have been built last year and how many houses have been built so far this year Now extrapolate this number out to get and idea how long he will have to hold those lots. I don't know the number of houses built in Osprey over the last 1 1/2 years.

5 perhaps ? it would take 31.4 years at that rate. Hopefully things will not be that bad for that amount of time.

You sure this is an arms length transaction ?
Kim

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

I just looked on the map for a land value in Osprey. One owner was at over $110000. Some of the less valuable were Over $64000. Now you tell me what this $23000 figure does to the tax base for Osprey.
Kim

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

BILdungsroman wrote:
You sure this is an arms length transaction ?
Relationship between buyer and seller. Middle man buffer?
George

Southold, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

So, in the end, is everyone happy living in Osprey Cove? We are thinking of buying there...Any comments? Thanks...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the St. Marys Forum right now

Search the St. Marys Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 8 min silverfox 49,665
Watch Mayor M and Comrade Kearns collude to abr... 25 min Southern Gentleman 49
School Buses not allowed in gated community. (May '12) 31 min screw Julian 35
How is the Federal Case coming Jules? 2 hr Really 47
East Coast Drilling 2 hr Really 22
JDA Bleeding Camden Taxpayers 2 hr Anon 250
Black racist purge of White employees continues... 3 hr Bob 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Marys Jobs

•••